Poll: Where are you from?

kortin

Mar 18, 2011
dorkette1990 said:
GrimTuesday said:
I'm from Washington state in America. Yes, We get lots of rain (I think its raining now actually) and there are a lot of hipsters. the city I live in is the original Vancouver, so screw you you name stealing Canadians. I'd rather say I was from the proud country of Cascadia, but unfortunately, seceding is frowned upon in the US.
Also Washington state in America. And I think it just quit raining here. It's a miracle! The hipsters are still abound though.
And also, here here to the sentiment on Washington DC.
It's kind of silly for someone to assume someone from Washington is from DC. The District of Columbia is such a small area, you'd be hard pressed to actually meet someone from there. >.<

Of course, parents being in the military means that Washington DC is rarely referred to anything more than "DC". :p

TheCruxis said:
Another one of these polls. The poll seems a bit screwed up since you have a few nations listed(USA, China, Australia) and all the rest are continents. That seems rather unfair and rather stupid. Why compare continets to nations?
Australia is a continent and a country.
China: I'm not sure the reasoning behind that.
The US: He's from the US. He's going to put it down.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
Canadian for life! I live a half hour drive away from the biggest city in Saskatchewan. I wear bunnyhugs, I shoot gophers and I play video games!

MPerce

May 29, 2011
United States. Oklahoma, to be exact.

It's a nice quiet place to live, as long as you don't talk to people about politics. Then you'll hear some very strange things.

T3hSource

Mar 5, 2012
I'm from the Balkans,feel free to assume that it is a country.

BTW OP why are you excluding Chinese from Asia without giving them an option in the poll.
Also it hasn't been 24 hours since the thread was opened,that's why Europe has the most hits (day time here) and Africa doesn't have a lot of internet activity.

Etherian87

Feb 7, 2011
England, i do not consider myself English nor do i consider myself european, i'm British. My other half is German so i guess that makes me some kinda blood-traitor lol but she considers herself German not european, But seriously the European option will piss off Scandinavians, Irish and British people most i think. We are the subjects/citizens of nations not continents hence YOU are a United Statesian as far as i'm concerned ("America" is the US, Canada and Mexico and im sure you would like to be lumped together as one group now would you) :p but it would take FOREVER to list all the countries I guess so meh that's my thoughts on this anyway.

Mister K

This is our story.
Apr 25, 2011
I am from Ukraine.
I hope to see my fellow escapists here in summer 2012.

Aetera

Jan 19, 2011
Bloodtrozorx said:
A small town, Maryland over here. The largest city nearby is Baltimore, MD. So....cheers I guess.
Same here! Well, unless you count Frederick as a "large city." I love Maryland.

BlackStar42

Jan 23, 2010
Stekepanne5 said:
Cold, snowy, polar bear[footnote]Please note that we currently lack cold temperatures, a significant amount of snow and have no polar bears whatsoever[/footnote] infested Norway here.
Yup, just chilling out with the rest of Scandinavia. In the Nordic Countries. In Europe. On planet Earth.
Doesn't Svalbard technically have all three of those?

Anyway, I'm from England, so *sips tea* Yes, quite.

Blow_Pop

Supreme Evil Overlord
Jan 21, 2009
Shawn MacDonald said:
That would be good old California. Have never gone surfing. Every other stereotype that you can think of isn't true, we don't all drive nice cars either.
Same though if you go by where I am from mentally, I am from Scotland.....soon........
I should also point out I hate the beach and visit it once a year to reaffirm my hatred, I hate the sun especially since my lovely Irish heritage turns me red in >3 seconds no matter how much sunblock I put on. I drive an older car(early 90s) and even though I'm in Southern California I DO NOT live in LA or San Diego. Nor do I like spending time in either of those places. I am from Orange County but do not live there any more. Haven't lived there for over 20 years now. Oh and I'm not quite as overly patriotic as the rest of my country seems to be.

Nisselue

Mar 30, 2011
BlackStar42 said:
Stekepanne5 said:
Cold, snowy, polar bear[footnote]Please note that we currently lack cold temperatures, a significant amount of snow and have no polar bears whatsoever[/footnote] infested Norway here.
Yup, just chilling out with the rest of Scandinavia. In the Nordic Countries. In Europe. On planet Earth.

Svalbard is an archipelago belonging to Norway so technically he is right.

GrimGrimoire

Aug 11, 2011
BlackStar42 said:
Stekepanne5 said:

Yes, you are correct on that. I guess I should have specified that I was talking about the place I live in.
Not many polar bears here in Trøndelag.

Bloodtrozorx

Jan 23, 2012
Aetera said:
Bloodtrozorx said:
A small town, Maryland over here. The largest city nearby is Baltimore, MD. So....cheers I guess.
Same here! Well, unless you count Frederick as a "large city." I love Maryland.
Ha, well hello neighbor. I work in Frederick. I live in Walkersville, MD

BlackStar42

Jan 23, 2010
Stekepanne5 said:
BlackStar42 said:
Stekepanne5 said:

Yes, you are correct on that. I guess I should have specified that I was talking about the place I live in.
Not many polar bears here in Trøndelag.
Have you ever been asked "Are there polar bears here?" by tourists? One of my friends went to Florida the once and was asked the classic "Oh, you're from England! Do you know the Queen?"

(No, no we don't. I was nearly run over by Prince Philip the once though- my one and only claim to fame. True story.)

Matt King

Mar 15, 2010
excuse me, but i'm from england. i know it is part of Europe but i think we deserve our own option