Poll: Which do you prefer? Naruto, Bleach, or One Piece?

Lilani

Sometimes known as CaitieLou
May 27, 2009
Peteron said:
Because I am not discussing anime in general, but rather a specific three. This isn't a poll about choosing your favorite, but rather which you enjoy watching the most.
And because you didn't give an outlet for those who don't like any of those flavors of anime, of course they are going to voice their complaints. Some folks don't like prime rib, chicken parmesan, or seared salmon. But if that's all that you've got on your menu, then don't fret when you've got a few dozen connoisseurs waving recipes in your face.

Peteron

Oct 9, 2009
Lilani said:
Peteron said:
Because I am not discussing anime in general, but rather a specific three. This isn't a poll about choosing your favorite, but rather which you enjoy watching the most.
And because you didn't give an outlet for those who don't like any of those flavors of anime, of course they are going to voice their complaints. Some folks don't like prime rib, chicken parmesan, or seared salmon. But if that's all that you've got on your menu, then don't fret when you've got a few dozen connoisseurs waving recipes in your face.
Okay, who wouldn't like prime rib, chicken parm and salmon!? But either way, nobody asked you to come to this restaurant, you came on your free will. If you don't like the menu, I am sure there are plenty of other restaurants that will have what you are searching for.

SL33TBL1ND

Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Peteron said:
Now, this is not a versus thread, so please refrain from treating it like one!
But it is, it's a three way versus thread. How can this be seen as anything other than a versus thread?

Peteron

Oct 9, 2009
SL33TBL1ND said:
Peteron said:
But it is, it's a three way versus thread. How can this be seen as anything other than a versus thread?
Actually no. It isn't designed to attack other people's opinions, but to rather share their own.

Zeromaeus

Aug 19, 2009
That's like asking whats better: Ketchup, Mayo, or Wasabi?
I say just mix 'em together and enjoy them all equally.

SL33TBL1ND

Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Peteron said:
SL33TBL1ND said:
Peteron said:
Actually no. It isn't designed to attack other people's opinions, but to rather share their own.
A versus thread is, you are given a limited number of options and asked what do you think is best. Which is what you're asking in the OP.

p3t3r

Apr 16, 2009
can i chose avatar that show was good. but i don't know if a anime has over 50 episodes i don't watch it if i can't get it's message across by then it isn't ever. plus i don't have bandwidth to waste on shit like that

Peteron

Oct 9, 2009
SL33TBL1ND said:
Peteron said:
SL33TBL1ND said:
Peteron said:
A versus thread is, you are given a limited number of options and asked what do you think is best. Which is what you're asking in the OP.
True, you prove a valid point. I will fix that.

Toriver

Lvl 20 Hedgehog Wizard
Jan 25, 2010
I had a hard time deciding between One Piece and Bleach (never cared for Naruto), but in the end I voted Bleach. I think One Piece has the advantage of having a story that can avoid really naming anything filler, because it can all tie into the main storyline, so nothing feels like it's dragging on. And in this regard, Bleach is the worst. Seriously, FILLER WITHIN FILLER. WTF?!?!? o_O (It's at that point that I stopped watching Bleach.)

But I still voted Bleach because I thought it had the most enjoyable aesthetic, and I liked the characters, setting, and canon storyline the most of the three. And some of its filler was tolerable, namely the Bount arc and Muramasa arc, before it actually produced FILLER WITHIN FILLER!!! /fanrage
When Bleach stays in canon, it's far and away the best of the three to me. The problem is, of course, the same problem that does plague the other two as well and necessitates the need for filler: that the anime catches up with the manga too quickly. If the producers of the anime didn't feel they need a new episode absolutely every freaking week, they could simply refuse to make filler altogether and stick to canon, producing it in seasons much like Western shows based on books do. Or, they could, you know, wait until the manga is finished to produce the show in the first place, thereby saving both the anime producers and the mangaka much of these types of headaches to begin with.

DanyoSouth

Nov 18, 2009
Bleach is the only one I found tolerable in english although one piece was so bad it was good, but i vote bleach cause at least it's uncensored here in the states.

Islandboy2

Dec 17, 2010
One Piece is my favorite because it was my first one. I stopped liking Naruto after a little after the time skip, and Bleach has just started getting interesting again. Out of the three One piece has the best story and a foreseeable goal. Bleach is open-ended with no goal, and Naruto lost most of its vision.

However, Bleach is the only one that actually got a good english dub :(. That is disappointing.

SL33TBL1ND

Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Peteron said:
SL33TBL1ND said:
Peteron said:
SL33TBL1ND said:
Peteron said:
True, you prove a valid point. I will fix that.
Good-o, always happy to clarify rules for people.

emmkaygee

Dec 13, 2010
out of the big three, one piece. it definitely has the best fillers and the story is great. the character development is pretty damn awesome, too.

Kpt._Rob

Travelling Mushishi
Apr 22, 2009
So yeah, I'm going to go with all three of them are terrible and I HATE the fact that when people think of anime these shows are the shows they think of.

Atticus89

Nov 8, 2010
Of the three you have mentioned? Well, I have watched both and have read both, and the best in those two areas to me is One Piece.

Now that's not to say I don't enjoy the other two either in it's manga or animated form. I do, however, feel that Bleach is trying to continue passed its point because it has, for all intents and purposes, ended in the manga. Naruto is still keeping me intrigued despite all common sense telling me "give it up you idiot!" but I wanna see how the wreck ends.

Personally, I enjoy One Piece due to its art style, its humor and adventure, and feel that it keeps the spirit of older favorites like Yu Yu Hakusho in that it is a strong and determined group of people facing all odds and saying "screw you! I'm gonna win even if it kills me!" with a strong sense of comradeship between the members. Is it the best? No, but it's sure as hell fun. I think that's something we forget to have with our entertainment: just sheer joy and entertainment.

zarix2311

Dec 15, 2010
I love that manga!
The Wykydtron said:
I never cared for One Piece, Naruto has become unreadable and Bleach is... Well better i guess?They all kinda suck... Bleach is just the less sucky one

Give me TWGOK over any of these any day
I love that manga!

JonnoStrife

Sep 5, 2009
Naruto was boring as hell, One Piece was annoying and bleach has shitty filler. But I watched the new episode of Bleach every time one comes out, so Bleach it is!