Poll: Which do you prefer? Naruto, Bleach, or One Piece?

Peteron

Oct 9, 2009
I am honestly surprised there aren't more Naruto fans on this site! I don't care for the series, but I figured there would be many more.

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
Aby_Z said:
Yu Yu Hakusho was a much better Shounen.
That's the only long running shonen that I truly liked. I really need to finish that anime someday...

Broderick

May 25, 2010
I like all of them, although im gonna say I like One piece out of the 3. Naruto started out alright, but got bogged down by annoying characters and too many filler episodes(even if some of the filler arcs ater tied into the main story). It seems like its starting to get better (in the manga anyways) but im holding my breath, it seems to have a pattern with this.

Bleach started out really good too, it seemed a bit fresh, and while not completely reinventing the "anime about guy with superpowers", it did do a few things right, up until it had more in common with DBZ than the anime's it should have been compared to (yyh and the like)-_-; and the story began to get pretty convoluted, and pretty much barely even explaining some characters motives at all, too much, or not soon enough (ichimaru for that).

As for why I like one piece, there are quite a few things to mention. The characters, major or minor, all seem to be interesting, both in design and in personality. It does quite a few interesting things with the "people with superpowers" concept (see eva for this one, seriously). All the main characters seem to be likable and their antics are fun to watch(good thing =P). The show, while light hearted quite a lot of the time, can actually be pretty dark and depressing (see the mary go, the enies lobby arc, and the most recent whitebeard vs navy arc).

I could say more but I have rambled for far too long. For those who are on the fence about watching it, give it a shot, just dont watch the 4kids dub version of the show(its the most well known version for non fans, and the reason why many people were turned off of the show), it basicly defiles the show.

Skraeling19

Oct 23, 2009
Bleach just annoys me in general. The characters aren't all that interesting, and the storylines tend to repeat themselves. What I read of the Hueco Mundo Arc (which was a great deal) was just the Soul Society arc in a desert. The plot developments were very similar. The fights are generally good, but it takes more than that to hold my interest. It was better in the early days, when it was just a group of high school kids that killed demons and wore cool T-shirts.

Naruto is...annoying. It was good for a while, but got increasingly stupid and poorly written as the younger characters grew more powerful.

I'm a fan of One Piece. It's just so strange and all the characters are over-the-top and different in a way that only a Children's comic should be able to pull off. Yet the darker tone amidst the comical setting gives it a more adult feel, even when Luffy spends a great deal of time as an inflated ball with arms and legs. The story arcs are very long, which can be annoying at times, but they are all unique enough to keep One Piece fresh after this many years.

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
I'll vote for Bleach.
Naruto pisses me off beyond belief, and Monkey from One Piece also pisses me off, less so than Naruto but still enough.

jaketheripper

Jan 27, 2010
Peteron said:
These three titans of anime have reigned for quite some time now. And often people argue over which is better. So my fellow Escapists, which of these do you prefer?

Before you judge my opinion, let me state that I have watched all of these animes, so I am aware of each one's ups and downs. However, in case you have not guessed already, my favorite of these is One Piece. This is because One Piece is a fun, adventurous anime. The characters are strange, creative, and enjoyable, and it is an anime/manga with tons of surprises. I find it to be much more lighthearted than Naruto or Bleach, which in my opinion is a very good thing. It is the longest running of the other 2, and Eiichiro Oda seems to put more love into his series than any other I have seen. It is full of emotional moments, awesome battles, and it is hard to stop watching! As for Bleach, this would have to be my second choice, with Naruto coming in after that.

(By the way, please refrain from mentioned other anime as we are focusing on these 3. Feel free to post videos and pictures!)
what about an "i dont like anime choice" lol

Nocturnal Gentleman

Mar 12, 2010
I guess Naruto. I like the way the city sized demons look. That's pretty much all I liked about that show.

Bleach. Filler, Filler oh and more filler. So no.

One piece. Annoying and somewhat creepy looking at the same time. Another no.

Brizan

Sep 22, 2009
People just disregard one piece because they saw the 4kids version on toonami, which completely defiles the show.
Naruto-I keep reading every new chapter for some reason, have no feelings for it any more good or bad, it just IS.
Bleach- Wow! The author even admitted in an interview that he does not even plan major events until its time to draw the chapter, up until the end of rescue rukia arc it was good, but now it is just horrible, Fairy Tail and KHR should definitely take Naruto and bleach's place.

One piece- Wow in the other sense. Get excited for every new chapter and have read it through several times. Does not drag on at all sense at had a the huge goal of traveling around the world since the beginning. Every single character, even the minor ones grown throughout the series and the author never forgets them. All the characters are extremely interesting with unique personalities and recent events in the manga make it even better. The Author is also able to plan events up to 8 years ahead, for example ace mentions BB in alabasta, and then the current saga in the anime. Definitely One Piece. Not my favorite in terms of anime, Cowboy Beepbop will always be my fav, but its still great.

Peteron

Oct 9, 2009
Frozen Donkey Wheel2 said:
I only clicked on this topic because I wanted to know if there was a "None of the above" option in the poll.

There wasn't.
I must comment on how impressed I am by your observation.

nicholaxxx

Jun 30, 2009
Bleach. Definitely Bleach. The characters in Bleach don't make me want to kill copious amounts of kittens. Where as I've only seen a few episodes of one piece, so...

May 5, 2010
Peteron said:
I only clicked on this topic because I wanted to know if there was a "None of the above" option in the poll.

There wasn't.
I'm not sure why. The options available in the poll seem fairly obvious to me, and my observation of them was just that: An observation. It didn't take any kind of skill to discover, I merely stated a fact, as could anyone. (Yes, I know you were being sarcastic. I guess what I'm being isn't exactly sarcastic, but it's in the same spirit as your post, I think)

jaketheripper

Jan 27, 2010
Peteron said:

There wasn't.
I'm not sure why. The options available in the poll seem fairly obvious to me, and my observation of them was just that: An observation. It didn't take any kind of skill to discover, I merely stated a fact, as could anyone. (Yes, I know you were being sarcastic. I guess what I'm being isn't exactly sarcastic, but it's in the same spirit as your post, I think)
Hese just a closed minded d-bag that cant stand the fact that people dont like what he does. pay no attention to him.

Krylock

Dec 20, 2010
Back when i watched anime, i would have picked One Piece. I loved that show. Now i just don't watch Anime anymore.