Poll: Which Starter Pokemon did you choose?

team star pug

Sep 29, 2009
I Recently saw A pic That said:
"Charmander and Squirtle were the most popular Kanto starters - Bulbasaur is forever alone"
So I just decided to conduct a poll here on the escapist. So which Kanto starter pokemon did you choose and why?

I choose Chamander because Charizard is FRICKIN' AWESOME! *Ahem*

Mittens The Kitten

Dec 19, 2010
Treeko.
Infernape is better for Wifi battling, but he's not my favorite.

As for gen 1, Bulbasaur has type advantage against the the first 3 gymns.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
Squirtle.
Because I didn't know any better at the time (there were WAY too many water types in the first two generations; and not nearly enough good fire types.)

Aris Khandr

Oct 6, 2010
Bulbasaur. It's cute, and I tend to favor the grass starters. I've only varied twice, once for Torchic (because Treeko looked strange) and once for Oshawott (because it was cuter than Snivy).

TheLastSamurai14

Last day of PubClub for me. :'-(
Mar 23, 2011
Charmander. I have an affinity for Fire type starters. Torchic/Blaziken is my all-time favorite starter.

Fugitive Panda

Jan 21, 2011
Squirtle, mainly because when I first started I didn't really comprehend anything and just picked the thing in the middle because I didn't want to commit to left or right. Seriously.

I love Squirtle though.

Brutal Peanut

This is so freakin aweso-BLARGH!
Oct 15, 2010
The Charmander. I tend to hover right over to the fire Pokemon side, every time.

electronicgoat

Feb 20, 2011
Squirtle. I usually lean towards the watertypes, except for Pearl and Black, where I got the leaf-types.

Daniel Cygnus

Jan 19, 2009
Gen1- Charmander
Gen2- Totodile
Gen3- Treecko
Gen4- Never played
Gen5- Oshawott

So I guess you could say I lean towards Water, if anything.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
When I bought Red I choose Bulbasaur but only because the instruction booklet recommend it (since it was useful against the first two gym leaders).
If it weren't for that then I would of chosen Charmander (he was my favourite in the cartoon show).

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Charmander, because:

[HEADING=2]Fuck yeah it's a dragon![/HEADING]

You just can't beat dragons.

Rensenhito

Jan 28, 2009
Charmander. Because you can literally beat Red / Blue with Charizard, Jolteon, and a cadre of HM whores.

Shadu

Nov 10, 2010
In my original file, it was Squirtle because it was a turtle and cute (I was in like...third grade and had very little concept of stradegy). However, with FireRed, I chose Charmander, and after I backed up my original file on Red, I chose Charmander.

And every generation since, it's been the fire type because that's what I like to use.

However, my vote went to squirtle because it is what I chose originally.

sylekage

Dec 24, 2008
Bulbasaur or squirtle, more squirtle than anything, but only because charmander was shit useless against the first few gyms