Poll: Which Starter Pokemon did you choose?

SinorKirby

May 1, 2009
Bulbasaur
Cyndaquil
Mudkip
Piplup
Snivy

In Generations I-IV because of how they work with upcoming Gym battles or because of how rare that type is, and in Generation V because Snivy is the fastest.

BrailleOperatic

Jul 7, 2010
Squirtle
Totodile
Treecko
Fuck That
Fuck That

Seriously, Fuck Gens IV and V. But seriously, I usually just pick the ones I think look the coolest.

conflictofinterests

Apr 6, 2010
Charmander just because you can't find a single goddamn fire type until AFTER fucking Lavender. I generally always pick the fire type. (Though in third gen, it was because Torchick is just THAT cute and Blaziken is just THAT cool)

EDIT: My first first gen game was Yellow, though, so does Pikachu count?

ManimalR

Jan 3, 2011
R/B: Squirtle
Gold: Cyandaquil
Ruby/Sapphire: Mudkip
FR/LG: Bulbasaur
D/P: Turtwig
HG/SS: Cyndaquil

Although I normally just get all 3 starters anyway by trading
Overall I think Cyndaquil is the best though because typhlosion is just awesome

AngryNerd

Jun 15, 2011
Bulbasaur
Cyndaquil
Mudkip
Piplup
Oshawott.
I usually chose my starter based off appearance.(I don't know why.)

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
Bulbasaur (more to offer in competitive play, plus Charizard in gen 1 looked like he had down syndrome)

Cyndaquil (come on, he's a fire mouse, and can roll through the first 3 gyms with little resistance)

Torchic (A fighting fire type? Oh hell yeah)

Piplup (A fighting fire type? come on game freak)

Oshawott (probably the best starter without dream world abilities factored in, just cause of his move poll and stats)

Shakomaru

May 18, 2011
What's weird is that I never use charmander, which is my favorite, and usually use bulbasaur. Gen 2- 5
Totodile/chikorita
All three for third gen, but blaziken is my best
Piplup which is the only one of the three I like, but ends up weak to all of them :/
And oshawott, because it is the second cutest starter ever below charmander and above chikorita. Im sorry for my atrocious spelling.

Tri

Mar 13, 2011
Yellow - There's one, so this goes without saying

Silver -Cyndaquil, until I get started on whatever pokemon theme I got going, then he got released into the wild. Side note, a team of eevee, jolteon, flareon, vaporeon, umbreon and espeon is rather powerful.

Black - Tepig, chose him because he's, well, a pig. I erased my save shortly after beating the game however as I learned about the nuzlocke challenge and figured I'd give it a go, this time I let the dice decide and got Snivy.

Red Rum

Feb 25, 2008
Bulbasaur makes the most sense, since the first two gyms are Rock and Water type, both weak against Grass.

Tripple W

Apr 25, 2011
Red/Blue Charizard because hes was a beast Gold/Silver/Crystal feraligatr because hes a 7ft tall blue alligator Ruby Hands down Blaziken Blew my mind and in diamond Torterra (Should have gone with empoleon) who was my least fav it just made me wish for the simpler days of Pokemon starters

Left4Cake

Aug 14, 2010
Red Rum said:
Bulbasaur makes the most sense, since the first two gyms are Rock and Water type, both weak against Grass.
Just catch Mankey for the first gym and Pikachu for the second.

StellarViking

Apr 10, 2011
BrailleOperatic said:
Squirtle
Totodile
Treecko
Fuck That
Fuck That

Seriously, Fuck Gens IV and V. But seriously, I usually just pick the ones I think look the coolest.
Other than the added Gen III and Gen IV Pokemon, HeartGold and SoulSilver are great remakes and if you liked Gen II, you owe it to yourself to try one of those out, man. I was pleasantly surprised.

Also:

Squirtle
Cyndaquil
Treecko
Cyndaquil (SoulSilver, never played Diamond/Pearl/Platinum)
Oshawott

I'm kinda balanced, I just really liked Cyndaquil otherwise it would have been Totodile.

Ailia

Nov 11, 2010
Charmander. I've been picking fire-type startes my whole life, so when I found an old copy of Red last year I chose Charmander.
Red: Charmander
Yellow: Pikachu
Silver: Cindaquil
Saphire: Torchic (loved her so much)
Pearl: Chimchar
Black: Tepig.

enriel

Oct 20, 2009
I always pick the fire type starter. It's just a thing.

Charmander, Cynadquil, Torchick (whose evolutions are my all time favorite pokemon), etc and so forth.