Poll: Which Starter Pokemon did you choose?

gregitaly

Mar 12, 2009
I chose charmander because the only reason I bought the first Pokemon Red version was because the box-art made it seem like I was going to be ripping crap up with a dragon. As a fan of Godzilla back then it appealed to me. Needless to say I was pleasently surprised with what turned out to be my first RPG. I've chosen Fire starters ever since, until White version, which I went with the Samurai Sealion instead.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Squirtle. Blastoise is my bro.
Plus, Blastoise is the best meme poke`parent, so that's a plus.

Irony's Acolyte

Back from the Depths
Mar 9, 2010
Pikachu, because I played Yellow. And I didn't really have a choice...

As for other games I've played, I originally picked Totodile in Gold and Treecko in Emerald. I've since started games with Cyndaquil and Mudkip in Gold and Emerald respectively. Also grabbed Charmander in Leaf Green at first but then Squirtle in another run. I do like Bulbasaur.

I do have a run of Diamond going where I choose the grass starter, but fuck if I can remember the little guys name.

Jun 5, 2010
I always choose Squirtle for the meta game because blastoise sp.def stats are extreme awesome sauce. I never pick charmander because charizards stats are trash and its only good for a fire sp.atk sweeper and arcanine is a better sp.atk fire sweeper also this thing takes x6 dmg from a rock type pokemon using a rock type move. and that could wreck your shit FAST beacse he has got NO reg.defense

Xan Krieger

Completely insane
Feb 11, 2009
Squirtle, it was pokemon blue so it seemed appropriate that I go with the blue thing.

The rest of the generations are dead to me.

drisky

Mar 16, 2009
Daniel Cygnus said:
Gen1- Charmander
Gen2- Totodile
Gen3- Treecko
Gen4- Never played
Gen5- Oshawott

So I guess you could say I lean towards Water, if anything.
Hey thats exactly my list, sweet. Although if I did play gen 4 I would have gotten Tertwig

Jun 5, 2010
for the rest of mine i go
Squirtle
totodile
mudkip
turtwig
tepig
I usually go with slower starter pokemon with very high def and sp.def

SD-Fiend

Legacy
Nov 24, 2009
Country
United States
first pokemon ever was bulbasaur but i later restarted and chose squirtle

also can anyone that plays pokemon black help me find a vullaby?

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Charmander, why?

Because he turns into a freaking dragon later! What's more badass than that?

crudus

Oct 20, 2008
Squirtle was my first choice. After that I always chose a plant type.

Atmos Duality said:
Squirtle.
Because I didn't know any better at the time (there were WAY too many water types in the first two generations; and not nearly enough good fire types.)
Arcanine actually gives Charizard a run for his money. Flareon beats both of them in attack and is found in both games. Ninetales isn't a bad substitute either.

Fiz_The_Toaster said:
What's more badass than that?
Having "dragon" in your name, like Dragonite. I am not to be a smart ass. Just answering your question.

Sep 14, 2009
conflictofinterests said:
Charmander just because you can't find a single goddamn fire type until AFTER fucking Lavender. I generally always pick the fire type. (Though in third gen, it was because Torchick is just THAT cute and Blaziken is just THAT cool)

EDIT: My first first gen game was Yellow, though, so does Pikachu count?
this is very true

although the first time playing red, i did pick squirtle as i found squirtle awesome, but then i realized how uncommon it was to find decent firetypes so it was always charmander after that..

but then again yellow version dominates all.

mb16

make cupcakes not bombs
Sep 14, 2008
always go for fire.

grass type- oh well now im overgrown.... oh bother, i'll have to get the hedge cutters.
water type- oh well now im a little bit damp... i will dry out
fire type- oh well now im on fire slightly... oh wait fire spreads! IT BURNS!

godfist88

Dec 17, 2010
Charmander was the obvious choice for me, the whole reason why i got into pokemon in the first place was so i could play as Charizard.