Poll: Which Starter Pokemon did you choose?

Aug 25, 2009
I only chose Bulbasaur once, in all the dozens of times I played the game.

When I first started playing the game I used Squirtle a lot because it made the first fight easier, but I started using Charmander a lot because:

1. He's awesome.
2. It's more of a challenge.

Once you've played Pokemon a dozen times there's nothing to do but challenge yourself. Don't leave Viridian Forest until you catch a Pikachu, Always start with Charmander, stuff like that.

XHolySmokesX

Sep 18, 2010
I can't remeber exactly which one i chose, but i'm pretty sure i chose bulbasaur becasue venosaur is just so friggin awesome,

and...

..it has...

...SOLAR BEAM =======D

Helios_(DEL)

Mar 22, 2010
i couldnt remember if it was squirtle or bulbasaur as i replayed it so many times, but i belive it was bulbasur due to its sleep powder/poison powder leach seed capabilities.

bulbasaur cynderquil mudkip chimchar tepig.

xcgillx2

May 7, 2011
Because me and some cousins always used to buy it as kids at around 8 or something I've always picked the one on the case for Example of leaf green I picked bulbasaur first. but on the new I picked Tepig because it's fire and it's a pig!

brinvixen

Mar 3, 2011
My first Pokemon game was Silver, then Crystal, and both times I picked Cyndaquil. This was around the time when I picked Pokemon less for skill and type and more based on adorable features. And Cyndaquil was simply too cute to say no to. The fact that he evolved into such a bad-ass (Quilava, then Typhlosion) just made it all the better. So I grew to prefer fire types over the others. Also, I found that it is easier to catch Grass and Water type Pokemon, but near impossible to find a Fire type. Just my opinion.

The ultimate starter Pokemon, however, is Pidgey. In all the games where there was a Pidgey available to me, I caught him. Pidgey may appear to be annoying at first, with just Tackle and Sand-Attack, but Pigeot is the best asset to any Pokemon game.

Kimarous

Sep 23, 2009
Emerald: Treeko
FR/LG: Charmander
Diamond: Chimchar
HeartGold: Totodile

Haven't played the other ones. Given that Emerald was the only one I ever bothered to finish and the fact that I almost never play my DS anymore, I saw no reason to play the latest set.

Ryu-Kage

May 6, 2011
Originally, I strictly adhered to strategy guides, and the one I had recommended Bulbasaur. So, the first time through, I started with Bulbasaur.

If I had to choose in each region...
Bulbasaur in Kanto,
Cyndaquil in Johto,
Mudkip in Hoenn,
Chimchar in Sinnoh,
and MAYBE Oshawott in Unova if I can't just capture something I really like (like Scraggy or Drilbur. Or Emolga.)

NS001

May 2, 2011
I didn't have a choice. I got Pikachu, my rival got Eevee. Eventually I got the other three through the course of the game.

In Crystal I chose Cyndaquil, because it's cute, and Quilava and Typhlosion are just forces of destruction in digital form.

ADeskofRichMahogany

Jan 4, 2010
Charmander. Because Pokemon is casually easy and I wanted a challenge =P

Read: because I'm an idiot and didn't know the first two gyms were rock and water respectively =(

M Silverthorn

Nov 9, 2008
Squirtle grows up from a tiny, innocent turtle to a massive creature that sports two high-pressure water cannons out of its rock hard shell. Come ON.

StBishop

Sep 22, 2009
Fire starters and Water starters are awesome.

<3 Charmander
<3 Totodile
<3 Mudkip
<3 Monferno
<3 Tepig

:)