Poll: Which Starter Pokemon did you choose?

captaincabbage

Apr 8, 2010
I picked Squirtle, partly because I could piss all over all the kids in the playground who all chose charmander and partly because a giant turtle with cannons in it's back is FUCKING AWESOME.

Also, as some people above me have put, I'll put my other generation starters.
2. Totodile.
3. Mudkip.
4. Chimchar.
5. Tepig.

Yeah, I've officially started hating the last two generations of water starters, which sucks because water is my favorite type. I've really fucking sick of them going fire/fighting as the type combo for the last three generations.

Personally, what I'd like to see is a combination of the original fire, water and grass combo, combined with the psychic, fighting and dark combo that was rumored early on for gen 5's starters.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Squirtle, since I like Blastoise more than Charizard and Venesaur.

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
Apparently my choice is the unpopular one. I chose Bulbasaur as my starter. Not only does he have a type advantage in the first three gyms, but his poison sub-type makes it so that he can't be poisoned. Fuck yes.

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
Squirtle. Not only because I bought blue first, but I liked Blastoise and I didn't know which to pick. Now I usually go with water or fire.

penguindude42

Nov 14, 2010
I chose Charmander because fire is red and Red is the hero of Red Version.

I chose Cyndaquil because it's my favorite Fire-type starter.

I chose Mudkip because everyone likes them.

And as for G5, I'd choose Snivy because it's the best starter ever.

~Tom<3

MorganL4

Person
May 1, 2008
I chose Squirtle...... Called him sqirt ( I was young and didn't notice the mispelling until after I had beaten Misty. But I chose him because I had made a deal with my buddy who had yellow version that I would catch him a 2nd pikachu and he ( who had had the game for a while) would catch me a ponyta ( because ponyta was my favorite Pokemon- horse obsession) and I wanted a ponyta to start with, so I didn't think I needed another fire type, and I thought Squirtle in the show was cooler than Bulbasaur...... So I did just that, Got squirtle, got a rattata a pidgey and a caterpie and used them to catch a Pikachu which I traded for a ponyta.

rhyno435

Apr 24, 2009
Charmander
Cyndaquil
Torchic
Chimchar

Always fire. Always.

Out of those, my favourite would be Cyndaquil/Typhlosion. Possibly because Gold was my first game. I think I like Charmander better than Cyndaquil, but Typhlosion is my all-time favourite Pokemon. I just taught him Thunderpunch and beat the entire game with him.

Actually, that's basically what I do with all the Pokemon games, I just over-train my starter and breeze through the game with him/her.

remnant_phoenix

Apr 4, 2011
The Spartan E1337 said:
Squirtle. That thing was always my go to Pokemon.

Austin Scarsdale said:
Cowabungaa said:
Charmander, because:

[HEADING=2]Fuck yeah it's a dragon![/HEADING]

You just can't beat dragons.
I will definitely agree with that!
My Blastiose could beat that.
Hell yeah! My Blastoise (with Ice Beam and Earthquake) could solo his way through Agatha and Lance in the Elite Four WITHOUT being overleveled.

Squirtle rocks!

hailfire

Mar 5, 2011
bulbasaur has the most badass moves. sleep powder, poison powder, stun spore, vine whip, solarbeam, synthesis, razor leaf, cut, take your pick...

dylan_mcb

Feb 3, 2010
ive used all of them at one point so i cant say. i choose snivy for the lastest game because it look the best and had the best name. that philosophy has alwasy served me well in the past when it comes to pokemon

Chris646

Jan 3, 2011
Wait, are we talking about first playthrough, or most recent playthrough? If we're talking about our first playthrough, then Squirtle. If we're speaking about our most recent, then Charmander.
And for other generations
2) Cyndaquil
3) Mudkip
4) Piplup
5) Snivy

Fusion the Cat

Nov 20, 2009
I chose Squirtle because the cards LIED and told me he was weak against electric and not grass so I thought I still had the advantage over Bulbasaur.

I mean that seriously messed me up. Like until Gen3. Since then I've been choosing grass, but only because the grass type has always looked the coolest.

Duncan Terry

Jul 2, 2011
When I first picked up my copy of Pokemon Blue (Nostalgia Attack!) I picked Bulbasaur because I was *absurdly* into dinosaurs.

I learned later that fighting the elite four with it was risky considering the first member used ice Pokemon.

IDTheftVictim

Jan 20, 2011
Charmander is my choice, (s)he just comes across as a force of destruction, especially when he becomes Charizard

Bulbasaur was always a close second but the many weaknesses of a poison type always dissuaded me from using him

And forget about any type of water pokemon that isn't Gyarados

Awexsome

Were it so easy
Mar 25, 2009
Charmander was my main man. First gym was always a challenge but by the second I had a good enough team to cover his big water weakness. Plus he was the most bad-ass evolved in my eyes.

Although ever since gen 3 I've always taken the grass starter. Gen 2 I stuck with Cyndaquil and by the time he was a Typhlosion he steamrolled every elite four member.

Triskadancer

Aug 31, 2009
Charmander, Cyndaquil, Treecko, Chimchar, Snivy.

I preferred the Fire starters, but I adore Totodile to pieces too. It's always hard trying to pick a starter in Gen 2 for me.

Bebus

Feb 12, 2010
Nearly always went for the fire type, because there has always been a sad lack of good fire types throughout the early stages of all the games.

Plus, CHARIZARD IS A GODDAM DRAGON!!!