Poll: Which Starter Pokemon did you choose?

Tiger Sora

Aug 23, 2008
Pikachu cause I had yellow version.
Crystal: I chose to get Totadile, cause it looked like a cute blue alligator.
Ruby: Torchic cause the other two though cute at first. Turn really really fugly where as though Torchic may get worse after it's first evolution. It becomes bad ass in it's 3rd stage.

XandNobody

Oh for...
Aug 4, 2010
Bulbasaur always and forever. He was the first Pokemon I ever leveled to 100, and obviously Venusaur, and no, no rare candies used thank you very much.

Ah, good times, good times...

Sariteiya

Jun 10, 2011
To be honest I always liked Bulbasaur best, but I was always conscious of the fact that he turns into a hideous obese monstrosity for his final evolution. Thus, I always ended up settling for one of the other starters.

Terminate421

Jul 21, 2010
After reading some comments I seriously do wish people actually showed which Starters they liked after X generation. Makes me sad that some people can't at least pick something good when there seriously was something good. If they want, at least "pick the lesser of all evils then."

Heres my run down with out ties:

1. Squirtle
2. Cyndaquil
3. Treeko
4. Piplup (Favorite out of all 5 generations of starters, why? Because he evolves into Empoleon, the best Starter Evolution and Pokemon IMO)
5. Oshawott

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
Squirtle
Cyndaquil
Treeko
Chimchar
Snivy

Usually i don't like the water types because of their lacklustre move pool, but Squirtle is an exception ^^

Cyndaquil is undoubtedly my Favourite fire starter, and Snivy is my favourite grass ^^

GartarkMusik

Jan 24, 2011
Charmander. ME LIKE FIRE!!!!!!!! >:-D lol. I may have been stuck on the second gym FOREVER until I evolved him to Charizard, but I still love FIRE!!!! And then second gen I went with Cyndaquil.

AugustFall

May 5, 2009
Bulbasaur the first time and Charmander the second time. I usually pick the fire one for the subsequent games as there is rarely a good selection of fire pokemon in the wild unless Growlithe is available.

But Bulbasaur is my favorite pokemon of all 900 or whatever.

Condor219

Sep 14, 2010
Charmander (Because I liked fire more than water or grass atm)
Cyndaquil (because Typhlosion may have been the best name in the entire series)
Torchic (because Fire/Fighting sounded like an awesome combo. It was.)
Piplup (broke the fire chain! And it looked the best of the three)
Snivy (You gunna deny that smug face was awesome?)

I ended up dumping my starter from my teams in Sapphire and in Black though. Gardevoir and Victini ftw!

ilspooner

Apr 13, 2010
I almost always choose the water types, sometimes the grass types. The fire types just sit there gathering dust. :D Squirtle all the way.

Earthbound0

Mar 14, 2011
When it comes to the original three Charmander is easily my favorite
but since everyone is listing there favorite starters from all generations I guess I might as well too:
2: Cyndaquil
3: Mudkip
4: Turtwig
5: Snivy

As an added bonus my favorite starter from Gale of Darkness is Umbreon

TheDutchin

Jul 27, 2010
Charmander because... well because CHARZARD MAN!
then totadile
then torchic
then chimchar
But the strongest pokemon memories i have are playing totadile, so its a win for fire but a strong honorable mention for water

IncredibleTurnip

Feb 27, 2011
I normally take Bulbasaur. I like Vulpix/Ponyta and Horsea/Seel/Poliwag more than Oddish.

In Silver I usually take Cyndaquil. Too many water pokemon available to take Totodile and Hoppip has this strange ability to go bad-ass on everything despite basically being a grass-type Magikarp...