Poll: Which would you choose to save?

FrostyChick

Little Miss Vampire.
Jul 13, 2010
I would save my 10 closest friends.

Each and every one of my friends are precious to me. And my 10 closest. There have been times in my life where I wouldn't be here if it weren't for them. I've told them some pretty shocking things about myself and they haven't left me. If I pushed the button to save the 100 I would be killing 11 people not 10. I couldn't carry on without my friends to support me.

And I know I sound like a whiney emo, but I HAVE been through a lot in my life.

old account

Jul 11, 2009
100 people I don't know or who don't know me, because I can then not only start a new life with those people, but in all selfish terms, they owe me for what ever I did to save them. I could then persuade them and have authority over any decisions that need to be made. You always need to look towards the future, and a future guided by my hand of rule is one I'd love to live in mhwhahahahahahahahaha -or however evil laughs go-

electronicgoat

Feb 20, 2011
Yeah, 10 people closest to me. It would be easier to let go the total stranger.
And by looking at the poll votes, I can see that everyone else is selfish bastards as well! Hoorah!

Macgyvercas

Spice & Wolf Restored!
Feb 19, 2009
10 people I know and love or 100 people whom I don't know.

How is this a difficult question again?

Aiden_the-Joker1

Apr 21, 2010
Coonamatatah said:
Aiden_the-Joker1 said:
What? and give up my ten most powerful terminator/sex slave robots to save 100 puny humans?
The robots wouldn't be affected by gas, would they?

Well I am assuming they would deactivate my creations and even if they use the gas I am going to have to clean them afterwards so they do not rust.

Not-here-anymore

In brightest day...
Nov 18, 2009
The 10 people closest to me would be saved. The difference in numbers isn't enough for me to kill off those I know/love. Besides, there are about 7 billion people on the planet. 100 is nothing. There are 1000's of people who could go missing without anyone giving a crap, or even noticing. I'll save the ones I know people care about.

Although if I go around the world and meet every person on the planet apart from the 100 most evil/despotic/destructive, this could easily become a really good thing!

PinkiePyro

Sep 26, 2010
I would take the 5th option and piss on said buttons short cirtiting the system and saving everyone [http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TakeAThirdOption]

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Save the 10 closest to me.

If it the other side was a bigger number (lots of times bigger) then them.

Troublesome Lagomorph

The Deadliest Bunny
May 26, 2009
As much pain it would cause me to take away important people from others and put myself above the stranger's families, I would go for the people close to me. I believe I owe the people close to me a lot for putting up with me.

So my answer is that I'd save the 10. After all, them strangers might just end up being HUGE assholes...

TheBoulder

Nov 11, 2009
Ugh, you people disgust me beyond belief. I would choose to save the 100 strangers. All because I don't know them personally, but that doesn't mean they are less important than the 10 people closest to me.

Quellist

Migratory coconut
Oct 7, 2010
I'd save the 10 people closest to me and 'Mercilessly quote Ayn Rand' at anyone who called foul on what i did. I mean....shit, its not like i put us all in those rooms.

suitepee7

I can smell sausage rolls
Dec 6, 2010
10 closest to me, no doubt. IMO you should up the numbers, 10 closest, or 1000 strangers. i didn't even consider saving the 100, but the more you'll be killing, the bigger the risk

Jan 27, 2011
...Yeah, even though I have the "hero instinct" I'm still human, modsbannit. Let my ten closest people go.

And then I will track down the sick !@#$ who made me make that choice and kill his sorry ass. I might be a pacifist...but if someone pulls that level of BS on me, screw it, he's gonna get it. That and my guilt will not let me sleep until I take him down.

Pariah87

Jul 9, 2009
Without any knowledge of the strangers, this is an easy question to answer, I'd save the people closest to me, because I actually have a connection with them and they feature in my life.

What would happen if you changed the 100 strangers to all women and children? Or if one family member from each of the 100 hundred was forced to watch a screen of their loved ones trapped in a room as a faceless individual decides to gas them. What if it was 99 randoms and your mum, with the 10 other closest people in the other room. What if one room contained your family, the other your friends?

Every situation is subjective, someone who doesn't like their family or who has a shitty family would choose their friends.

Personally, if my dog were still alive and the choice was between 100 strangers and her, I'd save her everytime, but if the choice was 10 of my friends against 100 children, I would probably save the 100. Odd how our minds work isn't it?

Conza

Nov 7, 2010
Wow, we are a selfish bunch then aren't we, that is, those like me who voted for the 10 people closest to me (I'm just lucky I have so few siblings). I guess the argument is, that although the purest person may save the 100 'needs of the many' etc, you don't know if they are good people or not, the 10 people closest to you, should be good people (unless you're in a group of villains, in which case just reverse the argument).

Cap'n Ninja

Magnificent Malefactor
Jan 16, 2011
Maybe I'm a cold, heartless *****, but I'd save the 100.
I really don't value even the 10 people in the world I care for most in the world more than 100 random faceless people.
Especially if it turns out to be a horrible trick to see if you're a horrible person but still kills the others, because those you care about can easily see the numbers side, but 100 angry people aren't all about the sentimentality.

[HEADING=1]OH![/HEADING]
Also, if you think about it, you're taking each of those 100 people away from the 10 people they care about most too.