Poll: Who buys the condoms?

Limecake

May 18, 2011
SkarKrow said:
True. BUt still, free pill in the UK, free contraceptive implants in the UK, so we don't need them annyway.
Condoms do more than prevent pregnancy (proper use of the pill reduces your chances to pretty low even though there is a chance, improper use increases your chance to about 8% which is a little too high for my liking) And if you don't really know the person your sleeping with you might want to wrap it up.

I buy the condoms, preferably while high-fiving everyone in the store. but it's also because I don't have a current girlfriend. Besides it's my responsibility if I get a girl pregnant and I don't trust something that big to anyone else.

EDIT:
SkarKrow said:
Commited relationship, I know who I'm sleeping with, she is clean. I am too.

Yeah the pill is easy to forget, hence the arm implant thing that you cant froget xp
I refuse to listen to your logical explanation, I'm going to keep on believing you are a swinging bachelor sleeping with vast amounts of high-quality ladies.

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
Limecake said:
SkarKrow said:
True. BUt still, free pill in the UK, free contraceptive implants in the UK, so we don't need them annyway.
Condoms do more than prevent pregnancy (proper use of the pill reduces your chances to pretty low even though there is a chance, improper use increases your chance to about 8% which is a little too high for my liking) And if you don't really know the person your sleeping with you might want to wrap it up.

I buy the condoms, preferably while high-fiving everyone in the store. but it's also because I don't have a current girlfriend. Besides it's my responsibility if I get a girl pregnant and I don't trust something that big to anyone else.
Read my original post please.

Commited relationship, I know who I'm sleeping with, she is clean. I am too.

Yeah the pill is easy to forget, hence the arm implant thing that you cant froget xp

thejackyl

Apr 16, 2008
The way I see it, it depends on what kind of relationship it is.

Single guy/One night stand -> Guys responsibility
Living apart -> Majority of it the guy's responsibility, but the girl should buy some just in case.
Living together -> Split it/take turns buying them.

somonels

Oct 12, 2010
I always get way more plastic bags with those small amounts of veggies I buy that I just use those.

//staying classy since post 1

Apparently SolveMedia Captca accepts Scion described with 'insecure'

winginson

Mar 27, 2011
I used to do one box at mine, one at hers. Whichever ran out replaced it.
Unfortuantly I haven't need any for a loooong time.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Kerboom said:
I'm bored, so I was just wondering, Escapists, (I'm also presuming the people answering this will be in heterosexual, exclusive relationships, because I'm in one, so it pertains to my life, sorry everybody else!)

If you're not in a relationship, but would like to answer anyway, who SHOULD buy them, in your opinion?

Depends on whose house we're in, to be honest.
Who should buy them? So, it's preferred policy to have one gender do all the buying of a specific kind, rather than spread the burden of sexual safety across both partners? It's not hard to know what size someone uses, only takes someone paying a little bit of attention, and that's really the only factor in buying them. Or knowing about latex or not, if the person has a latex allergy. Everything else is a bonus.

robot slipper

Dec 29, 2010
Depends on the situation, if you are having casual sex then it's always a good idea to have one with you in your wallet/purse etc., and/or have some at home. If you're in a committed relationship, then it's probably time to think about sharing the cost or going for some sort of longer-term contraception.

I have known males who are of the opinion that because they don't like wearing condoms, it is the responsibilty of all women out there to take the pill. And if the girl can't because of the side effects or whatever, then it is "her own fault" if she gets pregnant from an encounter with said male, because "I ain't wearing one of them things". Hopefully the next time I encounter one of these types I can direct him towards this poll and thread.

Also, why did I never find out about the free condoms from university thing when I was at uni??!! Not that it would have mattered, coz I was never likely to have any success (and didn't), but I could have at least optimistically stored up for the future!

Amberella

Super Sailor Moon
Jan 23, 2010
Zachary Amaranth said:
Amberella said:
I'm on birth control so we don't have to worry about that. =] But if we ever do try some out, we'd get them together. Because we both care about how eachother feels while making love. =3
You do know there are a statically significant number of women who get pregnant on the pill, yes?

Saying "I don't have to worry about it" is a little backwards.
Of course I do, but I have a fertility issue so either way I'll have to take a special pill once I'm ready to try to get pregnant. That and we take precautions anyway. We're not financially ready to have a child, and we're also in a long distance relationship at the moment. So having a child is so not in the picture for us right now. We have other things to worry about, like me immigrating to the UK to be with him. =3

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
SkarKrow said:
Fair enough. I live in a country that thinks if we get free health care Stalin will rise up and conquer us within the year, so....

CaptainREBell

Feb 11, 2009
As a girl, I think guys should buy the condoms. Then again, it makes sense to also be on birth control if you're sexually active and it's rarely a bad idea to have an emergency condom. I has 2; le emergency condom and the emergency emergency condom. The latter is glow in the dark. Gonna do whatever it takes to not use it, as I have a fear that the guy would just swing it around like a lightsaber (which is also what I would do, if I could).
If you can trust someone enough to go bareback with them, it's cool, but don't trust a girl's body to not get pregnant. Babies suck. Don't let there be that chance!

chuckman1

Cool
Jan 15, 2009
I picked depends on where because there was no both option.
If you don't both carry 1 day you will forget your condom and then fuck and then 9 months later...

AquaAscension

Sep 29, 2009
Kerboom said:
I'm bored, so I was just wondering, Escapists, (I'm also presuming the people answering this will be in heterosexual, exclusive relationships, because I'm in one, so it pertains to my life, sorry everybody else!)

If you're not in a relationship, but would like to answer anyway, who SHOULD buy them, in your opinion?

Depends on whose house we're in, to be honest.
I think it's hilarious that you seem to think not being in a relationship will stop people from purchasing protection. People do the dance whether they're dating or not.

Anyhow, I think it should be the guy's responsibility to purchase the protection.

Marowit

Nov 7, 2006
Find a lady who has an IUD, and get your tests done. Then neither of you will ever have to buy condoms. The best part, sex will actually feel good. 'nuff said.

Nuke_em_05

Mar 30, 2009
Married here, so the "whose house?" bit is irrelevant. Whoever was shopping the week or so before we ran out. We also used the pill. For the past couple of years, however, we've been trying, and succeeding, at having babies. We haven't needed condoms for a while, and the ones we still have may expire by the time we need them again...

Oh well, that doesn't help you much, I guess. If it has to be one of you; probably the guy, since he has to wear it. Once you figure out what make/model/features etc work for you (both), however, she should be able to pick them up too.

KittensTiger

May 22, 2011
If we are talking from a purely academic point of view I think the cost should be split between the two partners. Both (usually) derive pleasure from the act. Both (again, usually) do not desire pregnancy if they are using condoms for intercourse. Also, condoms are not cheap....

chaosbedlam

Apr 15, 2009
Well I cant remember the last time I actually bought condoms (one of the perks of being married) but my general rule was always its the guys responsibility because they go on him. However it should really be up to both the consenting adults to bring them to the party as both suffer the consequences ensued through non-protected sex.

Rose and Thorn

May 4, 2012
My ex fiancé and I solved this problem by having unprotected sex.

We went three years and we never made a baby. Skill or Luck?

Seriously though, I don't really like condoms, I only used a condom the first time I had sex and seconds before I was about to spray the hose I checked to see if it was still intact...it wasn't the condom had broke and I almost didn't check.

I relied on the pull out method ever since. Though of course if I was ever with a girl that wanted me to use one, I would.

Orcus The Ultimate

Nov 22, 2009
Men buy condoms, Women buy anticonceptive pills.
or whoever got the cash+lust for it.

actually i stopped a relationship because of that (not really, there were other reasons too); she wanted me to buy her other pills (not to forget, more expensive) in the excuse of those giving her headaches, then i asked my lady-friend about it, she said she took the same and told me it was bullshit with the argument that if she(the ex.) didn't like those then why would she have endured with those even before the relationship began? AH HA !