Poll: Who do YOU think has the most elite military unit in the world?

Shock and Awe

Winter is Coming
Sep 6, 2008
BlazedWithPower said:
Who do I think is the best military unit in the world?

Well, you've never heard of them. Neither have I, in fact.

I think the best military unit in the world is the one only a small handful of people even know exist.

I can't say I know for a fact something like that does exist. But it could exist. Therefore the chances that it does exist are pretty high.
Thats probably true, who reveals their greatest weapon?

alrekr

Mar 11, 2010
Firstly as many people have said why no Israeli option?

I'm inclined to say SAS (bit biased being English and all); Spetnez are gonna be high up the list due to being soviet era militray group which sort of isn't meant to be operational still; trains by playing football holding guitars in sibera or putting fires out with their fists

Shiftysnowdog

Nov 7, 2006
No JTF2 so im gunna go with seals. If any of you brits saw the training Seals go through not one of you would have voted SAS

CaptainTrilby

Jun 3, 2011
I'd say that the SAS is the most effective and elite. There was one unit in Colombia I think who camped out in one spot in the jungle for a whole week, not moving or eating just to get intel on one civilian interment camp out of about 20.

But, the Spetnaz are the most brutal of the lot. These are the guys who have to swim through 100m of blood and barbed wire and go through almost fatal hand to hand training as part of their BASIC. Pretty brutal and badass methinks.

Shock and Awe

Winter is Coming
Sep 6, 2008
enzilewulf said:
USMC. First one the ground and im just going to say as evidence of their badassness, Battle for Guadalcanal. They kicked ass when out numbered 10 to 1. Then again I don't know much about other foreign forces such as the SAS. I think I will have to do some research.
Okay, Im American, I respect the hell out of the Corps(they're arrogant as shit but they back it up most of the time) but thats just wrong for two reasons.

1. USMC is not a Special Operations unit, they are a military branch in nearly all but name.

2. If we meant man by man they would still get the crap kicked out of them by any Special Operations unit mentioned so far.

uzo

Jul 5, 2011
Israeli special forces. If you're interested in all special forces, here's a Time link I found when I was trying to find the Israeli special force's name.

http://www.time.com/time/specials/packages/completelist/0,29569,2069886,00.html

enzilewulf

Jun 19, 2009
Shock and Awe said:
enzilewulf said:
USMC. First one the ground and im just going to say as evidence of their badassness, Battle for Guadalcanal. They kicked ass when out numbered 10 to 1. Then again I don't know much about other foreign forces such as the SAS. I think I will have to do some research.
Okay, Im American, I respect the hell out of the Corps(they're arrogant as shit but they back it up most of the time) but thats just wrong for two reasons.

1. USMC is not a Special Operations unit, they are a military branch in nearly all but name.

2. If we meant man by man they would still get the crap kicked out of them by any Special Operations unit mentioned so far.
Hence why I edited my post to SEALS.

Commissar Sae

Nov 13, 2009
British SBS, they have SAS training and then go even further. So basically they're SAS combines with SEALS with a badass seal of approval.

ResonanceSD

Guild Warrior
Legacy
Dec 14, 2009
Country
Australia
Yeah, pretty annoyed you left the Australian SAS off that list.

vivalahelvig

Jun 4, 2009
ToTaL LoLiGe said:
vivalahelvig said:
The Polish. Why, i don't know, but its just the truth.
polish special forces member cut off a taliban leaders head and put it in his backpack, couldn't take the body because he was in a gunfight.

The U.K obviously, are guys train the navy seals supposedly.
See? I can say anything in this day and age and someone else will confirm it for me.
I feel better now.

Aleos Vance

Jul 11, 2010
The SAS have got to win this one considering that they trained Delta and the SEALS.

The reason is that they have arguably the most practical experience, as they predate all their equivelants, going back to world war II, and having taken part in multiple conflicts since, notably the iranian embasy in the 80's. It's just the lessons learned through experience that nobody else can compete with.

IsraelRocks

Apr 21, 2010
Hmm....
Gonna go with Israel's (what a shocker i know )" Sayeret matcal "

which in Hebrew means "the high command's rangers" or something like that.

Gonna be fair and choose a non local unit as well: SAS, just cuz their COD missions are a lot more fun :D

Tanakh

Jul 8, 2011
NinjaDeathSlap said:
SAS. The SEALS and such are good, but half their training regime is borrowed from the SAS most of the time so they don't get full credit for it.
Mate, there has been special forces in this planet for at least 3k years, why do the SAS get gredit for their training regime and the SEALS don't?

Ill go with seals, they are at least in the ballpark of badassness of the SAS AND they do that having utter morons in the government, while the British government is only half moronic :D

Aleos Vance

Jul 11, 2010
Also, saw mention of the British SBS, but just for clarification, they've effectively merged with the SAS, so kind of one option there. And the only option. Ahem.