Poll: Who is your Overwatch Waifu!

StatusNil

Oct 5, 2014
I don't care for this game at all. But still, I have to say Tracer, as she is an international Ass Symbol now. Or perhaps more accurately "synecdoche", as the whole of her now stands for a part. So clearly waifu material for us folks who struggle with irony.

And for this major character development, we can thank the crippling insecurity of current game developer culture, always so eager to "do better" at the first whisper of indignation.

FillerDmon

Jun 6, 2014
Hm. Me notices that appearance is doing very little lifting in this, given how everyone looks interesting. Personality seems to be the key factor here. Or else Widowmaker and Symmetra probably wouldn't be as low...

Candidus said:
For me it's got to be D.va, although she's one of the worst value-for-slot picks among tanks whether you're attacking or defending.
Well, it's because she wasn't really designed to sit there and just take hits. She's designed to force the enemy to scatter. Fly through their number and break their formation, then help pick up the remains, or especially drop the bomb and force them to flee or die with that deceptively massive Aoe that can be positioned just about anywhere.

Candidus said:
It's okay to just say you like Torbjorn. I find him charming too, but the greatest husbando is of course Genji.
We may be having husbando wars, soon. Reinhart-sama makes me feel so safe and secure. I try to service the entire team as Mercy, but I love being close to a good Reinhart when one is present.

Feb 26, 2014
Junkrat! Junkrat is a sexy, insane, beast! Oh, I love this guy so much! You know, all of the guys in this game are pretty charming in their own unique ways. Even Roadhog and Winston. Junkrat is still the best, though.

If I've got to choose from the list, then the answer is Widowmaker.

She looks like she'd kill me without hesitation, and that's pretty damn hot.

I don't know why, but I was surprised to find so many NSFW pictures of Widowmaker. So many pictures of Tracer clinging to her ass.

Dr. Thrax

Dec 5, 2011
BytByte said:
Clearly the only answer is Zenyatta. He's gotta levitate because his massive junk would drag on the floor otherwise. Plus, he knows how to deal with balls in harmonious way.
Plus, for those who prefer "quantity", he's got plenty of backups with a quick reload!
Just clap and go!

But honestly, Hanzo is my waifu, that smolder, that exposed chest, oooooooo... -Drools-
Wait, what were we talking about again?

someguy1231

Apr 3, 2015
Tie between Widowmaker and D.Va, though I ultimately voted for Widowmaker.

Also, I'm surprised Symmetra is so low. Sure, her gameplay could use a buff, but in terms of looks she ought to be much higher.

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
They all appeal to me in some way, but I have to say Mei. She's just so goddamn cute.

Sleepy Sol

Feb 15, 2011
WinterWyvern said:
If it's a joke-y way, why are a lot of people here discussing how cute a character is, how pretty the other is?

That doesn't sound like a "favorite character" thing.
It sounds like a "waifu unironically" thing.
What exactly is wrong with that to you?

It's completely ok to think fictional characters are cute or beautiful. And I'm sure the vast majority of us remain healthily attached to reality regardless of what fictional characters we find cute, sexy, appealing personality-wise, whatever.

Rip Van Rabbit

~ UNLIMITED RULEBOOK ~
Apr 17, 2012

Hana Song
AKA
...​

[HEADING=3]D.Va[/HEADING]​

Pink. Mecha. Bunny. Skintight bodysuit.
Five Three words and you've already won my heart. It helps that D.Va seems to pack a ton of utility into her kit, making her a flexible choice for my fight-or-flight playstyle. On top of having an endearing ego (I do enjoy a mountain of sass). She's having fun and treating it like a game. There's something really pleasant about characters having unbridled fun in their own world. It doesn't hurt that she's completely adorable and...

...ahem. [small]Is it hot in here or...?[/small]

Sleepy Sol

Feb 15, 2011
WinterWyvern said:
If you think making threads about waifus is ok, and it's ok to lust after a fictional underage girl, there's nothing I can add.
I'm just going to tell you right now that there isn't a quicker way to piss me off than to imply I said something I never did. You're putting your own words in my mouth, bud.

Dragonbums

Indulge in it's whiffy sensation
May 9, 2013
WinterWyvern said:
Sleepy Sol said:
WinterWyvern said:
If you think making threads about waifus is ok, and it's ok to lust after a fictional underage girl, there's nothing I can add.
I'm just going to tell you right now that there isn't a quicker way to piss me off than to imply I said something I never did. You're putting your own words in my mouth, bud.
This is a thread discussing who's the most attractive fictional female character. That alone is... 'nuff said.

And yes, that also includes an underage sexualized girl.
Look, are you here to simply pick a fight or what? You have spent the entirety of this thread arguing and implying some pretty nasty stuff about people over using the term 'waifu'. The underage argument is highly disingenuous because I'm very sure for the most part almost all the characters are way of age. Most of the comments are about characters of age, and up until recently I had no clue D.VA (this is who you're referring to I'm correct?) Is underaged in any way and I don't think that was ever the intention of the OP to make a thread specifically lusting over underaged girls.
If the topic bothers you this much than simply leave the thread.

Phasmal

Sailor Jupiter Woman
Jun 10, 2011
Dragonbums said:
WinterWyvern said:
Sleepy Sol said:
WinterWyvern said:
This is a thread discussing who's the most attractive fictional female character. That alone is... 'nuff said.

Look, are you here to simply pick a fight or what? You have spent the entirety of this thread arguing and implying some pretty nasty stuff about people over using the term 'waifu'. The underage argument is highly disingenuous because I'm very sure for the most part almost all the characters are way of age. Most of the comments are about characters of age, and up until recently I had no clue D.VA (this is who you're referring to I'm correct?) Is underaged in any way and I don't think that was ever the intention of the OP to make a thread specifically lusting over underaged girls.
According to the wiki and the official website, she isn't. She's 19. It could be argued that she looks younger, because I wouldn't have disbelieved it if the wiki said she was like 17, but she's also quite passable as 19 as well.

I was a bit confused at the underage thing too, so I went to check out some of the character's ages, but I can't find any that are underage.

Dragonbums

Indulge in it's whiffy sensation
May 9, 2013
Phasmal said:
Dragonbums said:
WinterWyvern said:
Sleepy Sol said:
WinterWyvern said:

According to the wiki and the official website, she isn't. She's 19. It could be argued that she looks younger, because I wouldn't have disbelieved it if the wiki said she was like 17, but she's also quite passable as 19 as well.

I was a bit confused at the underage thing too, so I went to check out some of the character's ages, but I can't find any that are underage.
If that's the case then this makes Winter Wyverns comment even worse. Not only are they implying that certain people in this thread are lusting over an underaged woman but they are making this accusation and it's soundidly false. All this has accomplished derail the thread into some other nonsense and sucked the fun out of what is basically a " who's your favorite female overwatch character) .

FillerDmon

Jun 6, 2014
WinterWyvern said:
Says someone who knows nothing about the game lore:

Tracer: 26
Pharah: 32
Mei: 31
Widowmaker: 33
D.Va: 19
Zarya: 28
Mercy: 37
Symmestra: 28

What do you know; this isn't the pit of Sodom and Gomorrah we looked like! Or does the fact that people were recommended to write in their preferred male characters and most of us are either sharing fun opinions or making jokes not clue you into that before having had it physically written?

It's almost like half of us are having a joke and the other half are just enjoying talking about each other's favorite female characters, the like of which gaming certainly doesn't have enough off, given how, particularly compared to other examples in the industry, they actually aren't nearly as hyper-sexualized and are significantly more fleshed out in terms of backstory and lore.

This is the OP asking you to not post in this thread anymore. If you have nothing constructive to add and are just going to keep attacking others having fun, then why even post?

Geez, I was so into my comment I got Genji'd 3 times over.

Phasmal

Sailor Jupiter Woman
Jun 10, 2011
Dragonbums said:
If that's the case then this makes Winter Wyverns comment even worse. Not only are they implying that certain people in this thread are lusting over an underaged woman but they are making this accusation and it's soundidly false. All this has accomplished derail the thread into some other nonsense and sucked the fun out of what is basically a " who's your favorite female overwatch character) .
Mmm, I might find the term 'waifu' kinda cringey, but to be honest I don't really have a problem with this or people being attracted to Overwatch characters or anything.
The Overwatch ladies are quite diverse (could be better, but I really love them) and they've got more to them than just their physical attributes. So it doesn't feel like its the same old sexualisation and pandering. I dunno, that's just how I think about it.

FillerDmon

Jun 6, 2014
Phasmal said:
Mmm, I might find the term 'waifu' kinda cringey, but to be honest I don't really have a problem with this or people being attracted to Overwatch characters or anything.
The Overwatch ladies are quite diverse (could be better, but I really love them) and they've got more to them than just their physical attributes. So it doesn't feel like its the same old sexualisation and pandering. I dunno, that's just how I think about it.
I honestly didn't think anyone was going to get that uppity about it. With enough guy write ins I'd been thinking about keeping the joke up and doing a "Husbandu" Tournament (too many guys to do it all in one thread, so it'd need multiple). On the other hand, no one needs to blow a fuse over what should have just been another spot to make mellow.

unified disinterest

Apr 29, 2015
Phasmal said:

You could have told me she was supposed to be 30 and I'd have still been ok with that.
It seems Wyvern has nothing more to add though and it is just 'nuff said.