Poll: Who is your Overwatch Waifu!

Phasmal

Sailor Jupiter Woman
Jun 10, 2011
FillerDmon said:
I honestly didn't think anyone was going to get that uppity about it. With enough guy write ins I'd been thinking about keeping the joke up and doing a "Husbandu" Tournament (too many guys to do it all in one thread, so it'd need multiple). On the other hand, no one needs to blow a fuse over what should have just been another spot to make mellow.
Hahah, hey don't worry about it. It's nothing to take too seriously. Besides, most of the people interested in dudes have already talked about it in this thread anyway. Most people are having fun with the thread, and you can't please everyone.

Oh, and my boyfriend reckons Mercy is the most attractive lady in Overwatch. :D

EMWISE94

Aug 22, 2013
Oh it didn't take long for this thread to turn into a verbal scuffle.

If I had to play your little game of who is best girl, as someone who's never played the game and probably won't as the game just makes me wanna go back to TF2... oh how I miss being a Pyro. Anyway based of visuals alone? I'd go with Pharah, Symmetra and Zarya. Pharah because badass lady in badass armour with all the shoot-bang-booms!, Symmetra because dark skin girls yay! (same for Pharah too), Zarya because again badass chick with the shoot-bangs going on, also mahsels!

On another not, Tracer, Mei and D. Va are too cute for my liking... like it bugs me somewhat, it also makes me think of how in a lot of games the female character designs are almost automatically made to look pretty but dudes can get a wide range from handsome to ugoes, and before you throw Zarya in as an argument she's still pretty as all hell.

Then again all the characters in Overwatch look good so of course no ones gonna be an ugoe... except Junkrat and Tronbjorn... yeah I said it >:V

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
WinterWyvern said:
so I'll just leave this thread and let you all to your fantasies.
Doing that from the start would have been the most reasonable thing you could have done.

Angelblaze

Jun 17, 2010
You're all close minded fools who haven't witnessed the sexy glory of robot Samurai god, Genji

Unf.

Dragonbums

Indulge in it's whiffy sensation
May 9, 2013
Angelblaze said:
You're all close minded fools who haven't witnessed the sexy glory of robot Samurai god, Genji

Unf.
He's attractive as long as he keeps the mask on. The green hair anime look blew it for me big time.

At least his brother is hot as hell.

He should take notes from Reindhart. How dare they hide such a handsome face behind a helmet by default.

Disco Biscuit

Mar 19, 2016
WinterWyvern said:
Sleepy Sol said:
What exactly is wrong with that to you?

It's completely ok to think fictional characters are cute or beautiful. And I'm sure the vast majority of us remain healthily attached to reality regardless of what fictional characters we find cute, sexy, appealing personality-wise, whatever.

If you think making threads about waifus is ok, and it's ok to lust after a fictional underage girl, there's nothing I can add.
It's "OK", it's just not the most socially functional thing to do. Then again, you're here because you're counting on that, right?

crimsonspear4D

Sep 26, 2009
WinterWyvern said:
Souplex said:
Can we as a community all just agree to let Waifu culture die?
I think that would be for the best.
I roll my eyes whenever the world waifu is used unironically.
WinterWyvern said:
Qizx said:
WinterWyvern said:
Souplex said:
Can we as a community all just agree to let Waifu culture die?
I think that would be for the best.
I roll my eyes whenever the world waifu is used unironically.
I don't think I've ever seen it used unironically... Then again I may have just been secretly hoping it was ironic to help save my soul.

I think about anime bodypillows everytime someone says they have a waifu.

But I actually found "waifu" a funny thing. Until I discovered people using that word are speaking for real...
Yeah, the word "waifu" rolls of my tongue like a mouth full bilious vomit laced with grass burrs, just bleeeh.

BUT -and it's a big one (arf arf arf -raucous laughter-) my... "girl I'd date, marry, grow old with" is Tracer. Just mmmph, that girl is just a breath of fresh air in dark dingy crypt; this is the type of hyperactive, childish, fun-loving character that Japan fucking WISHES they could make.

While EVERY-SINGLE-FUCKING-ONE of these women in this game are great in their own way, only Tracer is legitimately the most fun I've had with a female character in the longest time.

Sad to say, however, that I hope the rumors of her being a lesbian are true. Yeah, they're mostly tumblr and reddit rumors, but still I'd rather her end up with Widow or Zarya than another generically bland white/black dude. Call it jealousy or selfishness, I call it... My OTP.

Sleepy Sol

Feb 15, 2011
Sorry for the slight unpleasant derail. On a more appropriate note, when is the McCree swimsuit/thong DLC going to be released?

Harlemura

Ace Defective
May 1, 2009
Sleepy Sol said:
Sorry for the slight unpleasant derail. On a more appropriate note, when is the McCree swimsuit/thong DLC going to be released?
I'm looking forward to Zenyatta's speedo costume myself. Leaving him shirtless was such a tease, when will we finally get to see those robo-thighs?

Gotta go with Mei on the poll though. I was initially interested in Overwatch because I liked Tracer so much, but after being bad as her and annoyed by her after actually getting to play the game, she slipped right down my personal rankings.
I'm aware it's a bit hypocritical to instead choose arguably the most irritating to play against character besides Bastion, but what can I say? I'm a sucker for glasses.

FillerDmon

Jun 6, 2014
Sleepy Sol said:
Yo, it's fine. Some people just can't help dealing with their own issues without projecting so hard onto others they could be used to broadcast E3.

YO, I SAW SOMEONE MENTION DOING FAN ART OF HALF THE CAST WITH SWIMSUIT DLC! IT WAS THE BEST IDEA EVER! Give everyone swimsuits and water themed weapons. Like waterballoon launchers and squirt guns and such for projectiles, and peoples like Genji and Reinhardt would smack people with noodles. XD

As an aside, I think I might try to convince one of my friends to cosplay with me at maybe DragonCon, with her going as one of the winners of this thread and me as... probably Lucio, but I'm ambitious enough to consider Genji, Bastion, Reinhardt, or Winston. Probably wouldn't be able to do a good job, but I'd sure as hell try!

SweetShark

Shark Girls are my Waifus
Jan 9, 2012
Chaos Isaac said:
Zarya is strong as a bear, and that's all I need.

Seriously, gotta love a girl with muscles.
Make us two brother!!! It is refreshing to see some realistic reason why a girl can kick ass.

Mister K

This is our story.
Apr 25, 2011
Whelp, ladies and gent'men, there is only one true choice for waifu and only one for hasubando.

I reckon the best waifu is most definetely our girl Mercy. While she may not be the fastest and deadliest gun in the West, I reckon she is one of the most useful and unique (skillwise) characters in the game. And she also looks like a mighty-fine flower too.

As for hasubando, well, I reckon ya'll boys and girls have guessed who I like thanks to my pitiful attempts at using cowboy talk. It's our very own McCree. Fast, deadly and quite handsome.

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
WinterWyvern said:
......Did we really need this thread?

The amount of creepy ogling about the female characters in Overwatch is annoying me more and more.
I'm a straight female and frankly even I'm guilty of ogling them, girls got character and variety and mmm mmm I like me some of that. Hot damn.

Mei is the only one I'd consider going Lesbian for though. She's a snow poof. I like snow poofs.
Tracer would annoy me to death, I don't do French people, Zarya would eat me, Symmetra would also annoy me to death... Phara.. okay I'd consider Phara too maybe. D.Va's too young for me and competitive, bad mix. Mercy is a Nah, if only because....well... She's mercy.

Can we do the men though as well? Please?

Okay Lucio. That boy. That boooooooooooy. Mcree second place. It's the belt.

Mister K

This is our story.
Apr 25, 2011
Charli said:
WinterWyvern said:
......Did we really need this thread?

The amount of creepy ogling about the female characters in Overwatch is annoying me more and more.
I'm a straight female and frankly even I'm guilty of ogling them, girls got character and variety and mmm mmm I like me some of that. Hot damn.

Mei is the only one I'd consider going Lesbian for though. She's a snow poof. I like snow poofs.
Tracer would annoy me to death, I don't do French people, Zarya would eat me, Symmetra would also annoy me to death... Phara.. okay I'd consider Phara too maybe. D.Va's too young for me and competitive, bad mix. Mercy is a Nah, if only because....well... She's mercy.

It's not the belt, it's voice and the beard, obviously.

C'mon, what's wrong with Mercy?

KaraFang

Aug 3, 2015
Widowmaker....

I'm late 30's so don't care about being politically correct anymore...

She's a femme fatale
She's blue (I like things like that which make them stand out... Liara being blue, Jadzia Dax from DS9 with the trill markings. lovely.)
She's an awesome sniper
She's damn smart (in a huntressy kind of way)
Although emotionless, she seems to still have a sense of humour.
Her backstory still tugs at my heartstrings.... poor Marie.

FillerDmon

Jun 6, 2014
Charli said:

Sincerely, the only reason men weren't an option is because of the number of slots available for a poll. If even one more person professes a desire for it, we're going there, even if it means making 2 threads to cover all the options. Overwatch Husband-u wars. Which man (or in the case of Bastion and Zenyatta, man-bots) has the best set of MMMPH. Could take the top 4 from each to do an "Overwatch Husband-u Wars: Final Round". BECAUSE THE INTERNET, OR AT LEAST THE ESCAPIST, MUST KNOW! XD

I entirely expect Lucio to win, because there's something about a man with -such- a winning smile (and he is -just- built enough that you just can't help but wanna touch it), though I also expect Reinhardt to make top 8, because you just can't help but feel safe around him. I can see the appeal in McCree, though.

jurnag12

Nov 9, 2009
SweetShark said:
Chaos Isaac said:
Zarya is strong as a bear, and that's all I need.

Seriously, gotta love a girl with muscles.
Make us two brother!!! It is refreshing to see some realistic reason why a girl can kick ass.
And lo, we are three. Because fuck yeah, muscles.

ThatOtherGirl

Jul 20, 2015
Its got to be Mei. Mei is just way too cute, and she has the body type I find most attractive for a woman. She is very much in shape for her body type, but it is a naturally thicker build. Very beautiful. I might change my mind as more story details come out though and I play the game more, I am pretty much going 100% off of looks and what scraps of personality I have been able to figure from the poses and the like.

The anti-waifu is Widowmaker.

Genji is the guy I most go for right now. I also like Raiden from MGR though, so maybe I got a thing for robo dudes? Whatever, Genji is hot. But not young Genji. If McCree shaved his facial hair I would probably be all over him. Lots of people say Hanzo is the boy toy of the game, but I give him a resounding meh. Not my type at all. There is a character hinted at in recall that has hair that makes me instantly attracted to him.