Poll: whose starting WW3 people?

AnarchistFish

Jul 25, 2011
It won't be USA vs China. The west is too reliant on China.

I reckon it would be something along the lines of Israel vs Iran or North Korea vs South Korea.

ACman

Apr 21, 2011
HotFezz8 said:
out of interest, how do you think WW3 will start?

p.s. yes people I am aware that a) its impossible to know, and b) WW3 is (hopefully) unlikely. just take a guess.
I swore I'd never do this but Who's (who is) not whose. Really eye-jarring.

Apparently I can get over every english-apostrophe mistake but that one. Sorry.

I'm going for America accidentally starting it somehow. The US is the only country that will unilaterally invade someone that everybody cares about.

go-10

Feb 3, 2010
WW III pshhh that's overrated we'll be fighting martians that are trying to take our women!

Cali0602

Aug 3, 2008
The US is already in a war with China. It's an ongoing conflict not on the battlefield, but in our economies and through the interwebs. The Chinese "Cyber" divisions have been going at it with us for years now, and our economic ties are a struggle in co-dependency.

None of the countries listed have enough conflict to start another world war, but I'll admit, it does seem like quite a few countries need to be knocked down a peg or two...

King_1

Oct 12, 2011
What a stupid thread.
No one will start WW3 because of the existence of nuclear missiles.

ACman

Apr 21, 2011
Cali0602 said:
The US is already in a war with China. It's an ongoing conflict not on the battlefield, but in our economies and through the interwebs. The Chinese "Cyber" divisions have been going at it with us for years now, and our economic ties are a struggle in co-dependency.

None of the countries listed have enough conflict to start another world war, but I'll admit, it does seem like quite a few countries need to be knocked down a peg or two...
Bullshit. Your economies are complementary.

Cheap Labour vs. Intellectual Property.

You guys have just got to find a way to compete that is directed toward innovation not manufacturing.

GooBeyond

Nov 12, 2009
USA threatens and demonizes Iran (as it has already begun).
slowly sets up camp around Iran.
Iran strikes Israel.
Lebanon and Syria join in.
America attacks Iran.
Pakistan and maybe some other Muslim countries come to help Iran, NATO comes to help USA.

nukes.

/cluster fuck

JamesStone

If it ain't broken, get to work
Jun 9, 2010
America vs. Germany vs. China.

The three future superpowers.

May the Fallout Universe BEGIN!

Legend of J

Feb 28, 2010
WW3 USA vs every other Troll on youtube.

Not saying that the USA has the highest amount of Trolls on youtube.

Al-Bundy-da-G

Apr 11, 2011
Actually WW3 will most likely not happen in our life time. The treaties signed at the end of WW2 prevents any nation that is a member of the U.N. from forming attack assist pacts, where when one nation is pulled into a war the other must join and help fight. This is what dragged so many countries into the first and second world war.

But barring all that, I say N. Korea will try to pull some shit with China to kick it off.

AnarchistFish

Jul 25, 2011
America vs China having the most votes is ridiculous. They are way way too reliant on each other to even consider a war

scarecrow350

Apr 4, 2010
I reckon, like yahtzee said, china will buy america and it will go from there starting america vs china

efAston

Sep 12, 2011
The US will fund and arm militia around the world to create regimes which widen wealth divides, favour authoritarian rule and as a consequence create civil unrest everywhere.

Wait...

Exile714

Feb 11, 2009
Enslave_All_Elves said:
Exile714 said:
I just can't imagine WWIII when the US has nuclear weapons. Sure, there will be small conflicts, but the big ones are forever off the table.

Also, I would have voted for EU versus the Balkan States. Why is the only European country the UK, and why in the world would they start a world war with Argentina? Is that a soccer thing or something?
You're worried about us? Have you seen the other people with nukes? Apart from France they're a pretty unsavory and aggressive lot.
By "us" I'm not sure if you mean the EU or the Balkans. I just want to say that I am a huge fan of the Balkans (despite that being a terrible word, mainly only used by Europe and some intellectuals in the US). I've had several friends who either come directly from Former Yugoslavia, Albania and Bulgaria, or whose families did when they were young. They showed me how poorly Western Europe treats this area. Now, with the Greece financial mess, and nascent racism against Romani people, I can see resentment against "Balkan" countries increasing.

That's my best guess for WWIII, though I absolutely agree with you that the three non-NPT countries with nukes (plus Israel, maybe?), are quite unsavory. However, I still cannot see a nuclear armed country going to war with another unless Iran gets nukes. The US and Israel are doing everything they can to prevent that (see: extremely effective computer viruses aimed at destroying centrifuge machines).

ssgt splatter

Oct 8, 2008
Given that whole mess with Iran trying to assassinate the Saudi ambassador to the US, I'd have to say America vs. Iran.

I mean come on, what amudmienijad or whatever the hell his name is, did is the country equivilent of "I'm not touching you" to see if anyone will get mad and punch him so he has a "justified" reason to punch back.

thespyisdead

Jan 25, 2010
i said america vs china, but in reality it should be the other way around, because chine will some day get pissed about the american "fuck that" attitude toward it's 100 trillion dollar loan.

Cat of Doom

Jan 6, 2011
Exile714 said:
I just can't imagine WWIII when the US has nuclear weapons. Sure, there will be small conflicts, but the big ones are forever off the table.

Also, I would have voted for EU versus the Balkan States. Why is the only European country the UK, and why in the world would they start a world war with Argentina? Is that a soccer thing or something?
Though FOOTBALL, not soccer, would be enough to send me to war with the argies, that isn't why its an option.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falklands_War

Basically this again, as the argies are getting shirty over us not giving them falklands oil. most likely this will happen. However, with defense cuts rendering our navy the same size as Portugal's, they would probably beat us this time. Plus we would only be able to take spud guns with us as shooting them with real bullets would infringe on their Human rights.