Poll: Worst TF2 Class?

DevilSShadoW

Oct 29, 2009
As someone mentioned above, besides the w+m1 "pro players", there really isn't a "worst class" every class is balanced and every class has their strengths and their weaknesses.

orangebandguy

Elite Member
Jan 9, 2009
piscian said:
orangebandguy said:
Whoever says the Soldier is the most useless class is sadly mistaken.

Professional teams usually have 2 Soldiers 2 Scouts A demoman and a Medic.
Medic is the most important member out of all of these as he provides the Ubercharges and has the most influence in controlling the momentum of the game, Scouts usually make the medic a primary target as they can get in close and get out fast. scouts also protect the Demoman.
That seems like a typical strat on a capture point map, but I don't think that would work on very well on a payload map.
On Badwater is does work rather well, as it's the only well designed Payload map. Hoodoo comes close, the first and second areas are really well designed, but the last area it falls flat on it's face. Goldrush is the reverse, the first area is horrible spamfest after the first checkpoint but the last two areas are much better.

Stoic raptor

Jul 19, 2009
My worst classes are the demoman, sniper, scout, and engineer. I cant get the hang of the weapons that the demoman and the sniper uses. I am really good with the heavy and the soldier. I am average with the pyro, the spy, and the medic

Jun 6, 2009
Mr.Black said:
There really isn't a bad class. But I do hate retards that w+m1 Pyro and think they're good at the game. I also hate 2Fort and the never-ending Sniper wars that happen.
The sniper wars can be funyy honestly. Espescially when everyone is sniper and either Hunstmans or Kukri's.

6 Arrow taunts in rounds like that, so I'm coll with 2fort sniper wars.

Dorian6

Apr 3, 2009
i think all the classes are useful and strong in their own ways, but i'll just put it out there, that i hate the Soldier and the Demoman,

I suck with both, and haven't played either for more than 20 minutes (total)

guess i was never into explosives, i like shooting dudes in the face from 3 miles away

Dart DeathClaw

Sep 22, 2009
Fire Daemon said:
To take down a well placed (or even moderately placed) sentry they tend to need medic support. Also, if the sentry is being tanked they need a crit rocket to come along. While it does turn up eventually the slow rate of fire means that another defensive class like a Demoman or defensive Pyro will eventually take you out. This means that despite his combat weaknesses he doesn't necessarily out perform any other class. His health bonus does help in combat but his slow movement and larger frame mean that more shots are going to hit home and that the Soldier can't easily dodge as many attacks as other classes (except the heavy).

The missile launcher is alright if you know what to do with it but slower and cumbersome to newcomers. However it fails in one on one combat, usually because of it's slow rate of fire and the enemy ability to dodge it. If you miss once than you're open for a short time, and it's easy to miss.

In open spaces it is far to easy to dodge the missile and eventually bring the soldier down. I would expect for the Shotgun to be used more often with the Soldiers but for some reason it rarely is. That thing can kill a few classes in a couple of shots, it can down anything with 125 health in at least three shots, if not less, and has a higher rate of fire than the missile and cannot be dodged. I see plenty of soldiers using their missiles against a moving target, missing every time, when they could be hitting with the shotgun.

I play on the Xbox 360 version so possible updates might have changed this.

Huh, I think I pay too much attention to things some of the time.
The soldier is very powerful. I've used him first and still find him one of my best classes. I do say that it takes a bit of skill to use because you have to think where the enemy is going and then plow them with a ROCKET. Using the shotgun is just as slow as the ROCKET launcher in fire rate because of a pump action. The spread is wide and any distance greater than twenty meters renders it almost useless. Okay, so the enemy gets hit by three bullets from one shot, but that only deals ten damage. If you can lead the target and shoot a ROCKET at the ground the collateral damage will deal more than the shotgun. point blank the shotgun can deal massive damage, but that's a skill a scout should be using not the soldier.

I seem to be the bane of scouts when i'm the soldier. They run up to me trying for the most damage, but they other run in predictable lines or i shoot them in the chest with a ROCKET before they shot me. Scouts can't take a direct rocket most of the time, but if they live they seem stunned that they are still alive and it's easy to just shoot them again.

The ROCKETS are great for taking out turrets because you line up the turret, shoot, and retreat behind a wall, the turret unlocks from you as a target, pop back out, shoot, retreat. That trick should only take about ten to twenty seconds, and if you reload after each shot you maintain three ROCKETS for anyone who might sneak up on you. I might just have a soldier's thought process of how to use explosives or ROCKET launchers, and that might be why it's easy for me to excel in most games that have a soldier class.

I have a strong hatred for missile launchers because the missile guides itself. rockets fly in straight lines so i know where it's going to land, but a freakin missile decides since its target is to the left it should turn left NOW and right into the wall. They control themselves, and the lack of control means ease of use in the open, but when there are undestructible targets jetting out from everywhere the missile tends to collide with it.

I see you play it on the xbox and that might be why it's harder for a soldier to kill things considering it takes console players five seconds to turn around instead of half or even one second for computer users. Maybe turning up the sensetivity on the controller when using the soldier on consoles might be easier for people. if you can turn faster you can get your targeting reticle ahead of your opponent instead of lagging behind until you die.

Geo Da Sponge

May 14, 2008
I don't dislike any of the classes, but I do hate fail Spies and snipers who take part in the sniper wars. I hate fail Spies because the Spy is my favourite class and I hate watching amateurs messing it up.

Basically, when they do any of the following:
Run up to the gates in the pre-game setup disguised as an enemy. Good job letting them know you're coming.
Disguise themselves as a Scout.
Only use one disguise.
Become a Spy when there are already two or more Spies on the team.

The snipers are annoying because it frequently seems like they aren't contributing to the team. Some do, but generally they are the exception. However, you can have great fun hunting the Spies who go after Snipers on the balconys on Two Fort. Just become a Spy, disguise yourself as a Sniper on your team, go into one of the covered areas on the balcony and wait for a suspicious character to arrive. Then stab him in the face.

FinalGamer

Mar 8, 2009
There is no bad class.

Only bad players. I will admit though that the Spy is my worst class.

dududf

Aug 31, 2009
Definetly Heavy.

I never get killed by heavies, they are weak, easy to kill, slow, large target, and their back yells "STAB ME!" In no class or situation has a heavy killed me.

I think in all of my hours of TF2 a Heavy has killed me once when he was ubered and killed my sentry.

Chrissyluky

Jul 3, 2009
oppp7 said:
The soldier, because it's the closet thing TF2 has to an overpowered class.
how...? try playing one in cart its impossible to earn a kill. they specialize in close encounters with a small ammount of enemies meaning they wont be very effective if theyre not looking for a 1 versus 1.(ive got 108 hours of soldier i know :p)

Left4Meds

Jul 9, 2009
GrinningManiac said:
Also, I'm a recovring FaN abuser. Don't worry, I use the Scattergun now
Hi, I'm Left4Meds and I too am a recovering FaN addict. I'm hoping FaN Anonymous will help me.

Smowy

May 19, 2009
Nothing wrong with the FaN, sure it can be annoying but it's not hard to deal with. Not that I use it, unless it's a really tight map

Pyro have to be the worst, they take 0 skill. Hold W tand M1 and away you go, only class that doesn't require you to be shooting to damage them, class that requires the least aiming, 3rd fastest class...the list goes on and on.

All people who say soldier is the worst don't know how to play it.

Caliostro

Headhunter
Jan 23, 2008
ironmace1 said:
Because on 2fort
Here's your problem, you're playing on 2fort. Land of the endless stalemates.

That said, no class is bad. The user behind it can be. If anything, Sniper, Spy and scout are the hardest to be useful with due to the high skill floor, but also have an equally high skill ceiling (although the spy depends a lot on sheer luck not foiling it's strategy).

TikiShades

May 6, 2009
Pyros aren't useless. They not only spy check, but they can break up a group and take down that heavy-medic combo. Medics fall to the pyro easily, as they can't heal themselves as fast as they burn. Pyros also take down most anything within seconds, and a good pyro can kill most anything.

Demoman might be voted as the worst because it's a different play style, so they can't play them as well. I found it hard to play, but I'm getting used to how the grenade works, and how it bounces. I'm basically running up close to enemies and killing them quickly, since I can't do long-range grenading yet.

And a Sniper can take down a sentry from a distance, as well as the Engi, without getting shot. They break up a team by killing the strongest link. They may only do the "kill" instead of direct "helping", but you need to remember that taking down the opposing team makes it easier to capture the intel or the control point. It's indirect help by removing the resistance.

All of the classes are useful. ;)

ahiddenfigure

Hunter of Monsters
Sep 14, 2009
I think TF2 is just that well balanced, there is no best or worst class. Just different learning curves. The soldier, heavy and pyro are easily the simplest to play, but the spy has an insane learning curve without the Cloak and Dagger.

Most annoying for me has to be the Demoman, the number of times I've had been on the receiving end of a cheap kill from a Demoman is horrendous. I swear something is wrong with those stickies.

Also those lame charger pyros give the rest of us a bad name. Strangely few people know about the compression blast and (my personal favourite) the Backburner which gives the pyro that extra depth of play.