Poll: Would you date a transgendered person?

qwertyzxy27

Nov 25, 2009
I didn't fit in the above categories I am a Gay male and would Date an FtM. I find myself very attracted to FtM guys. Luckily a large portion of the transgender community is bi so I have a shot :D

Thomas Eshuis

Dec 10, 2011
Sure I would date a transgendered person, of either sex/gender.
I'm primarily attracted to a persons personality, not their bits.

And to all people failing to understand transgender issues:
From the American Psychological Association±
`Many experts believe that biological factors such as genetic influences and prenatal hormone levels, early experiences, and experiences later in adolescence or adulthood may all contribute to the development of transgender identities.`
As you can see, it´s not just an idea these people have. There are actual biological indicators.

`A psychological state is considered a mental disorder only if it causes significant distress or disability. Many transgender people do not experience their gender as distressing or disabling, which implies that identifying as transgender does not constitute a mental disorder.`

Before you judge people, do some research on the situation...

JoesshittyOs

Aug 10, 2011
Uh... no. Not a chance.

I'm gonna loosely quote Justified here. "People are entitled to do what they want to themselves. And I'm perfectly entitled to think they're creepy"

If that's a life choice you wanna make, go for it. I think women are attractive. Hell, I even appreciate a good looking guy from time to time. But there isn't anything that turns me off more than a penis on a girl.

drisky

Mar 16, 2009
Bradeck said:
I respect the opinions of everyone on here, however I view this in the same light as Creationism. Please don't say it's "factual" that a person is "born in the wrong body". There is no science that proves the case for transgendered individuals claiming I'm a x in y body. None. No empirical facts, no note worthy studies, no hard, honest, scientific discourse. The same scientists who claim science backs this up are the same people who claimed 200 years ago that the world was flat, leeches cure diseases, dragons exist, and a 400 year old zombie Jewish male died on a cross for all man kind. I wonder what "science" will proclaim in the next century.

I have no, NO, problem with you chopping off body parts, adding new ones, changing you name from Susannah to Shaun, and taking hormone injections. I have no problem if you go out and sleep with anyone you want to, granted you do it safely. I have NO problem if you want a society that tolerates these types of choices. Get married, life together, sleep together, go nuts. But don't claim there is evidence to support x person was born in the wrong body. Because it's all about FEELING. And FEELINGS don't belong in science.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Causes_of_transsexualism

It's wikipedia, but it has links to case studies and medical journals. That is what it is based on. The brain seems to be structured opposite to that of their body, do to having or not having the testosterone wash males are supposed to have. Among other possible causes, possibly psychological. Still we aren't just making it up, we get it form somewhere.

TheVioletBandit

Oct 2, 2011
I don't think I would date them. No disrespect intended though, its just not my deal. I do hope that one day there will be a way for people to become whatever type of person they want to be and lots of options for body modification.

TheVioletBandit

Oct 2, 2011
twohundredpercent said:
Okay so: pleasure trannies sexually, call them whatever they want to be called, and don't expect honesty out of any relationship with them or else I'm intolerant and might as well go around chopping up mixed race couples. Got it.
What? I don't understand you statement. Can you clarify?

dorkette1990

Mar 1, 2010
I'm pansexual - for me, attraction can transcend gender. For that matter, I'd date a MTF as well. Not picky in those regards :)

Macgyvercas

Spice & Wolf Restored!
Feb 19, 2009
No, for two reasons:

1) Just knowing that I'm dating a transgender would freak me the hell out (nothing against them, if they want to have the surgury to change gender, more power to them, I just wouldn't feel comfortable dating someone who was born male)
2) I want my own kids someday, and that wouldn't be possible in this situation.

8bitlove2a03

Mar 25, 2010
I'm male and selected that I would date an MtF in the poll. For the record, that's only because you left out the "I would date anyone" option.

DarthSka

Mar 28, 2011
Nope. If someone wants to dress a certain way and express themselves in a way that does not conform to what is associated with their actual gender, more power to you. But if you've got a Y chromosome that is being expressed, you are a male and I want no involvement of that kind. We can still be friends though.

Naleh

May 25, 2010
There might be an issue with physical attraction, but emotionally it wouldn't bother me.

Bomberman4000

Jun 23, 2010
Because I have never met, encountered or had any extended interaction with a transgendered person, I feel comfortable saying that I would not. I'm sure they're good people, but ultimately I wouldn't be able to get past it.

What about children? Transgendered people may have the "appropriate parts" but they're not functional. A male becoming a woman can't have children and vice versa. I try not to get into any relationship without thinking about where it could end up. To me I wouldn't be able to do it.

Naleh

May 25, 2010
Bradeck said:
I respect the opinions of everyone on here, however I view this in the same light as Creationism. Please don't say it's "factual" that a person is "born in the wrong body". There is no science that proves the case for transgendered individuals claiming I'm a x in y body. None. No empirical facts, no note worthy studies, no hard, honest, scientific discourse. The same scientists who claim science backs this up are the same people who claimed 200 years ago that the world was flat, leeches cure diseases, dragons exist, and a 400 year old zombie Jewish male died on a cross for all man kind. I wonder what "science" will proclaim in the next century.

I have no, NO, problem with you chopping off body parts, adding new ones, changing you name from Susannah to Shaun, and taking hormone injections. I have no problem if you go out and sleep with anyone you want to, granted you do it safely. I have NO problem if you want a society that tolerates these types of choices. Get married, life together, sleep together, go nuts. But don't claim there is evidence to support x person was born in the wrong body. Because it's all about FEELING. And FEELINGS don't belong in science.
Psychology is a science. Neuroscience is a science. Brains are physically extant objects. We are learning to understand neural structure and development. We are learning to understand the role of chemicals in controlling emotions, especially with regards to drug and pharmaceutical use.

Feelings do, in fact, belong in science.

Sure, they're hard to analyse, but it's hard to analyse the seafloor beneath all that water, too. (We have better maps of the moon than the seafloor.) That doesn't stop it from being scientific. It just makes it more difficult and theoretical.

airrazor7

Nov 8, 2010
TheDarkestDerp said:
Pretty sad results on the poll, if not unexpected.
Come on now, (not trying to offend) you can't have it both ways. You can't say that transgender people should have the right to live and be as they please like anyone else only to later disagree with the choice of people who refuse to consider a relationship with a transgender person. They have a right to their choices as well.

Well, I'm technically a hermaphrodite and I was married to a MTF transgendered person, so, there you go.

If you truly 'love' someone, what they are isn't going to matter. I loved her before I knew what crockery was in her cupboards and when I did know I didn't care. Why would I? She was what she was and I loved her for the person she was, not the thing. She was a gamer, a geek, a fetishist and a dancing fool with a great sense of humor and some sense of social propriety. I fell in love with those things, not her genitals. It's always seemed so ridiculously shallow to me that anyone would care about something so trivial.
"was married..."

It seems like you were really in love with that person and the relationship that you two shared. It's a shame that your relationship is now in past tense. You've piqued my curiosity. If you don't mind sharing, how and why did it end?