Poll: Would you date a transgendered person?

Asita

Answer Hazy, Ask Again Later
Legacy
Jun 15, 2011
Country
USA
Given my strong stance on LGBT rights, I feel kinda hypocritical for saying it, but I probably would not date a transgendered person if I knew that about them. After learning that, I feel I wouldn't be able to look at the person as anything other than biologically male, and I can't help but feel that would push me away. Perhaps ironically, I'm inclined to say that I might contemplate it if the process was more complete, if treatments allowed people undergoing the process to truly become biologically female instead of just mentally and cosmetically. At the procedure's current level though, I would have to say no. It makes me feel like a jerk to say it, and I probably offended someone in my explanation of my view (If so, I sincerely apologize), but that's my perspective on the issue and I feel it is important to be honest about that.

Spy_Guy

Mar 16, 2010
Not in a million years.

If someone told me they were previously male, I would never work up a romantic interest for them.
If someone I was dating told me they were male, then I'd break up with them, because our relationship would be based on a lie.

If we had sexual contact, I would break up, get very angry, then report them for sexual harassment. I had consent based on the belief that they were born female, rather than a restructured male.

The thought is appalling to me, and therefore, I vote no.

Eclectic Dreck

Sep 3, 2008
While my answer might vary where I presented with the scenario, I can say that my gut check reaction is no. The entire process of trans gender sickens me greatly (the medical parts) and my general distaste at the concept in play (likely because it is so alien to my line of thinking) means the person would have a hell of an uphill battle.

Hang out with? Sure, if they're cool. Go out in public with? Not a problem. Have sex with? Now you've lost me.

Yureina

Who are you?
May 6, 2010
Oh cool, it's The Escapist's Transgender thread that comes up every 3 months or so! It's the thread where the discussion inevitably turns into a flame war between people who think transgenders are immoral/wrong/etc and transgender people themselves. Oh, and it probably will get about 10 pages of posts.

Don't you love this sort of thing? XD

Anyway, enough amusement for me. As for my opinion... why not? If I like the person, i'd date them. As someone who has had several TG friends in the past, and still some today, I don't have any problems with them at all. They're still people, and most tend to be quite interesting ones at that. :3

So yeah... no problems from me. :3

Melanie McGreevey said:
the thing i don't think you understand is the "choice" to have the GRS is one-like breathing (you may want the surgery, but affording it is another issue, and 2- I don't know a single (although i bet they are out there) trans person who given the opportunity to have the surgery wouldn't jump at it. Most trans people don't begin transition only to get 75% of the way there. Really, they may "choose" not to have GRS because they are older, and only want to live life as complete as possible, or can't afford it.

It's realy not easy to explain, but i have never met a trans person who chooses to go through everything they have to go through only to stop short.
TG's who choose to not "go all the way" with the surgery and stuff are actually quite a bit more common than you might think. What few people seem to grasp is that people who are TG's have a gender dysphoria, not a sexual one. Most TG's i've run into care far less about sex than they do simply being accepted as the identity that they believe themselves to be.

MammothBlade

It's not that I LIKE you b-baka!
Oct 12, 2011
Yureina said:
Oh cool, it's The Escapist's Transgender thread that comes up every 3 months or so! It's the thread where the discussion inevitably turns into a flame war between people who think transgenders are immoral/wrong/etc and transgender people themselves. Oh, and it probably will get about 10 pages of posts.

Anyway, enough amusement for me. As for my opinion... why not? If I like the person, i'd date them. As someone who has had several TG friends in the past, and still some today, I don't have any problems with them at all. They're still people, and most tend to be quite interesting ones at that. :3

So yeah... no problems from me. :3
Yes, I agree with this.

As someone who is quite fluid in who they can find attractive, I could easily appreciate an MTF for who they are.

Asita

Answer Hazy, Ask Again Later
Legacy
Jun 15, 2011
Country
USA
Spy_Guy said:
Not in a million years.

If someone told me they were previously male, I would never work up a romantic interest for them.
If someone I was dating told me they were male, then I'd break up with them, because our relationship would be based on a lie.

If we had sexual contact, I would break up, get very angry, then report them for sexual harassment. I had consent based on the belief that they were born female, rather than a restructured male.

The thought is appalling to me, and therefore, I vote no.
...I sincerely doubt any respectable court would accept that claim of sexual harassment. The sexual advances made were not understood to be unwelcome, consent to sex with this person was given regardless of your perception of your partner, and by all indications the act would be better interpreted as second thoughts after the fact rather than any real legal violation. It's closer to a frivalous lawsuit than anything else.

Yureina

Who are you?
May 6, 2010
MammothBlade said:
Yes, I agree with this.

As someone who is quite fluid in who they can find attractive, I could easily appreciate an MTF for who they are.
Are you stalking me by any chance? O_O

[sub]Kidding. :p[/sub]

OmniscientOstrich

Jan 6, 2011
Given my quite conspicuous dearth of giveafuckability (totally a word) in regard to gender, as long they're parts are working and I'm attracted to them, then I'm game. :)

BloatedGuppy

Feb 3, 2010
Yureina said:

Aww. I wasn't flame baiting, I swear. I tried to keep the OP as boring as possible to avoid exactly that kind of thing.

MammothBlade

Oct 12, 2011
OmniscientOstrich said:
Given my quite conspicuous dearth of giveafuckability (totally a word) in regard to gender, as long their parts are working and I'm attracted to them, then I'm game. :)
Also, this.

Only thing I can't really stand are beard. No thanks.

Yureina said:
MammothBlade said:
Yes, I agree with this.

Are you stalking me by any chance? O_O

[sub]Kidding. :p[/sub]
No. Why would you think that?

[sub]Please don't look in your fridge.[/sub]

Psykoma

Nov 29, 2010
MammothBlade said:
OmniscientOstrich said:
Given my quite conspicuous dearth of giveafuckability (totally a word) in regard to gender, as long their parts are working and I'm attracted to them, then I'm game. :)
Also, this.

If a MtF has a beard tell her to get her ass to an electrolysist or laser tech.
It's expensive.
It's torture.
It's so worth it.

Yureina

Who are you?
May 6, 2010
BloatedGuppy said:
Aww. I wasn't flame baiting, I swear. I tried to keep the OP as boring as possible to avoid exactly that kind of thing.
I wasn't accusing you of that. I was just expressing my prediction about how this will turn out. XD

MammothBlade said:
No. Why would you think that?

[sub]Please don't look in your fridge.[/sub]
I seem to see you alot in threads I post in. :eek:

*looks in fridge* WHAT THE FUUUUUU-

MammothBlade

Oct 12, 2011
Psykoma said:
MammothBlade said:
OmniscientOstrich said:
Also, this.

It's expensive.
It's torture.
It's so worth it.
That's just extreme. How hard is it to shave more frequently or get a facial wax?

Doneeee

Dec 27, 2011
Ya know it's the personality that counts. That said it depends. It seems a bit strange but I could get over it if they're a truly good person.

MammothBlade

Oct 12, 2011
Yureina said:
I seem to see you alot in threads I post in. :eek:

*looks in fridge* WHAT THE FUUUUUU-
Or perhaps it's the other way around. I've noticed that too. >_>

Not that there's a problem.

Psykoma

Nov 29, 2010
MammothBlade said:
Psykoma said:
MammothBlade said:
OmniscientOstrich said:
Also, this.

It's expensive.
It's torture.
It's so worth it.
That's just extreme. How hard is it to shave more frequently or get a facial wax?
eh
If they're like me, shaving would mean a shadow showed up within 4-5 hours.
Waxing isn't bad, but I'd still rank electro/laser above it.

Although this 'nono' thing circulating might be the most worthwhile, I have no idea how effective it is.

Monkeyman O'Brien

Jan 27, 2012
No way in hell. I am not gay. And if I ever did date a post op job and he neglected to tell me until after we crossed the physical line then I would have no problems with beating him into the ground.

You wanna do that sorta shit, thats fine. Just do not try to get me involved.

Kinguendo

Apr 10, 2009
Monkeyman O said:
No way in hell. I am not gay. And if I ever did date a post op job and he neglected to tell me until after we crossed the physical line then I would have no problems with beating him into the ground.

You wanna do that sorta shit, thats fine. Just do not try to get me involved.
Thats the thing though... is it gay? Being gay is being attracted to men, but she would look like a woman so the attraction would be to female features and whatever personality type they are. So, is it?