Poll: Would you date a transgendered person?

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Da_Vane said:
This is actually incorrect, and the result of a lack of education and awareness on Gender Dysporia and other trans-related conditions.
No need to educate me, I've had biology. Not to mention the fact that I live in Holland. We're cool with transgenders.

I know all about the hormone spiel, but despite that; if a man does a sex change it doesn't change the fact that she started out as a man, still has male genes and doesn't have actual real female reproductive organs, and thus as of yet just can't have children. And my subconscious just isn't attracted to that. Can't help it really.

And those possible stem cell and genetic techniques sound all good, but they don't exist yet so are totally irrelevant to me.

Ledan

Apr 15, 2009
Montezuma said:
*snip*

I will still respond to your treatment of me as male, as if I were born female. I honestly dont give a fuck about your own gender bias, but I expect to be treated as a woman. I will treat you as a man, I expect the same respect.
Because you look like one? Then I demand to be treated like a vampire if I look like one. You haven't changed the fact that you are male. XY. Just like I havent changed myself from being human.

weker

May 27, 2009
BloatedGuppy said:
but even gay friendly communities do tend to be a transphobic.
...feels a bit like your saying if you don't want to you hate them... not saying you do, just sounds a little bit like it XD
OT: I am not sure, I make friends and develop my relationships from there, I doubt I would heavily as modern surgery is not good enough in that area. I do not warm to the idea of a past sausage having it's between their legs, but I am open to anything, tho I it does not appeal to me.
In short I am open, tho I am not attracted to it XD
Not enough options in the poll really.

SwimmingRock

Nov 11, 2009
lordbyron227 said:
Voted Yes/Desperate. Stipulation, is that she's like Erica from Catherine. Where you wouldn't know at first glance. So my friends who don't know her will be like, wow you did well.

http://catherinethegame.wikia.com/wiki/Erica_Anderson
Please use Spoilers. Catherine doesn't come out in the EU until next week (feb 10th). I did not want to know this before actually playing the game.

OT: Yeah, whatever. And I mean that sincerely. Just don't care.

Sleipnir

Oct 17, 2009
I myself am transgendered (FtM and identifying as gay), so it'd be pretty dickish of me not to date another FtM. Regardless, I don't think I'd have an issue with it, since the only real difference would be a strap on, since even if I identified as female, I still remain attracted primarily to men.

Sleipnir

Oct 17, 2009
BiscuitTrouser said:
I knew someone would call me out for using an arguement from southpark. However when i read "woman trapped in a mans body" and suchlike it reminds me of furies who honestly want to be animals or feel like animals trapped in a humans body, sure its rare but it happens, and i feel if surgery were done to make them what they wished to be, (again this has happened: see snake man and catman) they wouldnt be that animal. Maybe they dont feel the same way transexuals do. Ill never fully understand because i cant be in their shoes. However i view them as similar. Were the surgery 100% perfect it wouldnt be cosmetic, it would reconstruct 100% the workings and biology (perhaps even the DNA) of that person and at that point i would accept them as female. But that day is a LONG way away. At the moment it just makes you LOOK female. Which is cool, it that rocks your boat power to you. But i cant find that sexually pleasing, i can only respect it, youve said this already in your posts so thank you for understanding this.

Proper pronouns i feel are a small thing to do to make someone happy, so even thought in my head my psycology will see them as male ill call them she or her because its how they want to be seen. And its just polite. Its the same way i dont really buy into the hundreds of sexuality labels, i respect pretty much anything you wanna do and the labels confuse me a little, i dont care what you call it do whatever you want! As such ill use any label im asked to use for a person even if they might not fall under my definition of it. Its hardly a chore. And who doesnt have the right to feel secure in their person?
Gotta say, the whole "trapped in a woman's body" thing is overused and pretty inaccurate, we're born with the mentality and the gender identity that doesn't strictly align with the body. The biology does get changed, with hormones, sure we're not anatomically accurate on the inside, and that's unfortunate for now, but comparing a transgender person to a "furry" is a bit weird.

Even with homosexuality it's been shown that, for example, a homosexual man will have similar thinking patterns to a heterosexual woman, the way they process information is different to your heterosexual man, because there is a genetic or chemical difference that makes them function that way.

Montezuma's Lawyer

Nov 5, 2011
Ledan said:
Montezuma said:
*snip*

I will still respond to your treatment of me as male, as if I were born female. I honestly dont give a fuck about your own gender bias, but I expect to be treated as a woman. I will treat you as a man, I expect the same respect.
Because you look like one? Then I demand to be treated like a vampire if I look like one. You haven't changed the fact that you are male. XY. Just like I havent changed myself from being human.
No, not because I look female, because I Identify as female, it is part of who I am. You disregarding that is the same as telling a gay person they're straight, you're not changing the truth, but attempting to ignore it.

RachaelIsaacHill

Jun 27, 2011
As a transgendered (bi-gendered to be specific - it's complicated) person myself, I know a lot of other transgender folks, of both sides. Some are quite passable - others not so much. However in the end, I don't think it really matters. Gender, as with sexuality, is not binary as most people think. They are both fluid, and most people are more in the middle than they realize. In the end, you can never sit here and go 'yes' or 'no'... because you honestly can't know. You don't choose who you are attracted to, you don't choose who you love. Love is something that happens, and whether the person you are dating is cis-gendered or trans, all that matters is that you are happy with who you're with.

I always told myself that I would go for a short, dark-haired guy. I've been dating a tall, thin albino (literally) for three years now. You can't predict that stuff.

Jayse

Sep 22, 2009
I really would like to think that if I met the right person their gender wouldn't even be an issue.

In reality I'd probably suffer a lot of self doubt.

RachaelIsaacHill

Jun 27, 2011
Jayse said:
I really would like to think that if I met the right person their gender wouldn't even be an issue.

Honestly that is something that is fairly terrifying to a lot of transgendered people as well. I was dating my boyfriend for about two years when I realized I was trans, and I was terrified for a few months of telling him, because I love him, and would have been crushed if he left. But when a relationship is good and strong, there's not a lot of room for doubt. I did finally tell him, and we're celebrating our three-year anniversary this month.

Basically what I'm trying to say here is that love will make you stronger than you think you are. And that sounds totally cliche and dumb... but it really is true.

Seydaman

Nov 21, 2008
I'd be fine with it.

But of course, personality matters the most, not their organs.

Jayse

Sep 22, 2009
RachaelHill13 said:
Jayse said:

Honestly that is something that is fairly terrifying to a lot of transgendered people as well. I was dating my boyfriend for about two years when I realized I was trans, and I was terrified for a few months of telling him, because I love him, and would have been crushed if he left. But when a relationship is good and strong, there's not a lot of room for doubt. I did finally tell him, and we're celebrating our three-year anniversary this month.

Basically what I'm trying to say here is that love will make you stronger than you think you are. And that sounds totally cliche and dumb... but it really is true.
That's great to hear.

I guess never having been in love before I can't even begin to fathom what I'd actually do in the situation. No matter how cliché your point it really is reassuring to know that.

Frostbyte666

Nov 27, 2010
No offence to them but just...no. it gives me a massive ick factor and I find I'd have more respect for them if they accepted the sex they were born as. I'm not saying I'm right or wrong but that is the way I feel.

Random Fella

Nov 17, 2010
No definitely not
If I knew they were transgender wether they had changed the parts or not I would not go out with them
If there's one thing I'm against it's doing a person that was once of the other sex
Mostly because i'm an extremely heterosexual male and just the thought of my partner being any essence of a man would have me vomit all over the floor.
I don't have too much against trans-gendered people, but as I stated being a heterosexual male I would find it disgusting to find a woman i'm in a relationship with was transsexual and therefore I would not go out with her/him/whatever

A Weakgeek

Feb 3, 2011
If they acted like a woman, looked like a woman, felt like a woman (when we have sex), and for all i knew thinked like a woman, I would have no problem. However every little bit of manliness he would have would make me more uncofortable with it. But by principle I wouldnt say I wouldnt date a MTF if i could not diffrentiate. However I voted no, because I don't think that is possible to do.

Bradeck

Sep 5, 2011
Naleh said:
Bradeck said:
I respect the opinions of everyone on here, however I view this in the same light as Creationism. Please don't say it's "factual" that a person is "born in the wrong body". There is no science that proves the case for transgendered individuals claiming I'm a x in y body. None. No empirical facts, no note worthy studies, no hard, honest, scientific discourse. The same scientists who claim science backs this up are the same people who claimed 200 years ago that the world was flat, leeches cure diseases, dragons exist, and a 400 year old zombie Jewish male died on a cross for all man kind. I wonder what "science" will proclaim in the next century.

I have no, NO, problem with you chopping off body parts, adding new ones, changing you name from Susannah to Shaun, and taking hormone injections. I have no problem if you go out and sleep with anyone you want to, granted you do it safely. I have NO problem if you want a society that tolerates these types of choices. Get married, life together, sleep together, go nuts. But don't claim there is evidence to support x person was born in the wrong body. Because it's all about FEELING. And FEELINGS don't belong in science.
Psychology is a science. Neuroscience is a science. Brains are physically extant objects. We are learning to understand neural structure and development. We are learning to understand the role of chemicals in controlling emotions, especially with regards to drug and pharmaceutical use.

Feelings do, in fact, belong in science.

Sure, they're hard to analyse, but it's hard to analyse the seafloor beneath all that water, too. (We have better maps of the moon than the seafloor.) That doesn't stop it from being scientific. It just makes it more difficult and theoretical.
Psychology is pseudo science. It deals with extreme unknowns and makes leaping hypothesis constantly. It also flies in the face of the scientific method. It is like philosophy, or sociology.

http://www.philosophynow.org/issues/74/Is_Psychology_Science

http://www.globalpolitician.com/21443-sociology-psychology

http://www.arachnoid.com/psychology/index.html

Psychology is inherently a flawed attempt at science, because it can make any claim, and assumption, without refutation. Because no one truly knows anything, it's all hypothesis. Which is why psychological medicine is one of the worst and truly over reaching fields of medicine in the world.

We live in a society today that is overmedicated, or over stimulated, all because of psychological medication. The tripdiphans, the ritalins, the focusins, the uppers, the downers, the 5 hour energys. All thanks to psychology, and telling the world how it needs to behave.

RuralGamer

Jan 1, 2011
No for several reasons;
1) I don't date (being socially inept doesn't help).
2) Besides one (who I think is a transvestite i.e. is a male in everything except in clothing and has no intention of changing) I know of, there are no such people where I live; I happen to live in one of the most violent and intolerant countries in the developed world, so such people aren't welcome, especially in the area where I live right now.
3) I think it would conflict with my beliefs anyway (currently unsure on several issues right now, so can't give a definite answer).

D Moness

Left the building
Sep 16, 2010
Yureina said:
*sips on her Dr Pepper*

Cool. There's a fite just like I predicted. Now you just need to post for 4 more pages and my ego will get a boost for being totally right about how this thread was going to turn out. XD
Well it was an easy prediction though seeing how these topics always end. I should have just learned from them and just not post on this subject. I mean in the last reply i was yelling/swearing >.<

Unless someone is quoting me in a normal way about my opinion without twisting my words i will stop replying in this topic.

Pats Yureina on the back for a bigger ego boost :p