Poll: Would you enjoy the universe if it turned into an anime?

DarkRyter

Dec 15, 2008
There are no specific rules to anime beyond being animated and being Japanese.

There really needs to be some better specifications on this proposed universe. Anime is diverse as shit, yo.

SuperSuperSuperGuy

Jun 19, 2010
It depends. Is this an "anyone can (and probably will) die" anime or something more idealistic?

Even if it were dangerous, though, the girls. The girls would make up for it. Those eyes... Those bodies... Those outfits...

Excuse me for a second. I need to go calm down...

Hal10k

May 23, 2011
DarkRyter said:
There are no specific rules to anime beyond being animated and being Japanese.

There really needs to be some better specifications on this proposed universe. Anime is diverse as shit, yo.
I think the general consensus here is that we throw every horrible anime cliche in a blender, and whatever comes out is the new universe.

So basically, imagine Goku's foot, stomping on the face of a Gundam as he powers up- forever. That is the future of mankind.

Evil Alpaca

May 22, 2010
Society's values would definitely undergo a shift. Definition of physically fit comes to mind first, probably cause in this world, a c-cup is flat chested. Also, a six-pack is only a short montage away and doesn't require any upkeep. Seriously, when is the last time a fit main hero hit the gym? Same with nutrition, no upkeep or training required.

I think school would be interesting to attend as well. Only the 3 nerdiest kids in a class actually have to do the work. everyone else would be excused on account of them fighting off aliens, demons, or other supernatural phenomena.

TheRundownRabbit

Wicked Prolapse
Aug 27, 2009
Yes, yes, yes, a million times YES!!!
It would be my dream come true! Over-the-top reactions, fun adventures, and FANSERVICE!!! It would be the greatest thing in the history of ever!

DeMorquist

Dec 15, 2011
What anime tho....

You said "an anime" leading it to be very vague... Well...I guess I could say Meee....h... if it was not some sorta emo bullshit...I dont want to go to the mall and have to see two dudes facing off because they finally found the man that burned down his village or...some cliche bullshit...

Mar 28, 2011
It depends on who you are in this new universal paradigm. If you're the protagonist; you're going to get the living shit kicked out of you by the antagonist every time you fight, until you have a training montage which teaches you the ultimate technique that you need to baet said antagonist. Probably everyone you know and love would be killed in more and more grotesque and dramatic ways. Oh, and the planet would probably explode. Twice.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Jiggle physics alone would account for planetary shift, seismic forces, and disastrous weather patterns.

Though, having giant, magic, robotic laser-breast battles with people would be interesting. For, I dunno, a couple minutes. Then all the terribleness would set in, and I'd go for a good dash of suicide, and hopefully wake up in a universe that makes sense.

RaNDM G

Apr 28, 2009
Oh Hell no. I'd have a direct confrontation with life's manager before that happens.

Ladd Russo

Oct 5, 2011
I would undoubtably be a villan of some sort, probably the head of a big scary improbably public evil organization. It'd be pretty sweet, because by law of evil I'd always end up with more than I had, even if the old base was blown up last week by pesky do-gooders. As long as I get my nifty bad guy powers, money, power, and some suits, I'm game.

Revnak_v1legacy

Fixed by "Monday"
Mar 28, 2010
Seeing as I am a relatively intelligent individual who can be rather jerkish but is generally a nice guy I would wind up as a snarky supporting character (possibly even the lancer of the story). I would get some great lines, my intelligence would be turned to an epicly exaggerated level, and I would undoubtedly be transformed into some kind of bishounen version of myself. Yes, a large portion of the women would become tsunderes, but not all of them, and I would be smart enough to choose one of the women who doesn't try to physically injure me on a regular basis, if the hero doesn't get all the women that is.

However,I would not want to exist in this world if I wound up the hero. Anime where the intelligent well-intentioned jerk is the hero wind up being pretty cynical. Since chances are the former reality will be the one showing up, I think I'll be alright.

Demongeneral109

Jan 23, 2010
iFail69 said:
My job would be a tough one, so many people fighting means a lot of injuries to treat! Oh, and I don't fancy being kidnapped :|

(My badge from that quiz is showing, I actually did it a while ago. If you can't see it, I got the White Magic Girl: You're pure-hearted, cheerful and innocent, and you firmly believe in the power of love and peace. You have a tendency to get kidnapped, but everyone needs a healer.)

EDIT: If my life's soundtrack was composed by Nobuo Uematsu, then hell yes!
since I got white magical girl and am quite certain im a guy... i would get gender flipped in my Magical Girl transformation sequence... that would be fun!

I support anime world any day!... so long as im not in a madoka-style deconstruction.. that would kinda suck...

i lie... even the angsty deconstruction would be awesome!

KingCrInuYasha

Jan 17, 2011
Hard to decide:

Pros:
Giant Robots
The ability to wield swords the size of a table and to take out entire armies with said sword
Hot animé chicks
Big explosions

Cons:
Too many plot clichés
Music would consist of 90% mindless J-pop
Really bad things involving tentacles

sgt. soap mctavish

Jun 13, 2010
Of course. Why? Multiple reasons. For insistence: Action, Bigass robots, Cool futuristic settings, Interesting people, and I think this has already been mentioned: FANSERVICE.

mParadox

Susurration
Sep 19, 2010
Country
Germany
Well we'd have sparkly effects everytime someone flips their hair.

Because you're worth it.