Poll: Would you enjoy the universe if it turned into an anime?

TheLoneBeet

Feb 15, 2011
Depends on the anime. Generally I'd enjoy it but there are some anime that irritate me. Some things would be cool but others would just be unfortunate.

Giant mechs and dragons and being able to fly.. would be awesome.
Everybody exaggerating their emotions and often saying what they're thinking out loud would really suck though.

Also, it'd be sort of cool to see what my friends and I would look like drawn in anime.

Metal_Head

Oct 18, 2011
if it means I could kill naruto, than hell yes!

what, does this mean dinosaurs and magic and soul reapers and shit exists?

bartholen_v1legacy

A dyslexic man walks into a bra.
Jan 24, 2009
If this means school life would be more like New Angel (=every chick has the same luscious body and is only seeking to bang us) I would like it.

Anything other than that, NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO !

Infernai

Apr 14, 2009
Me...in the anime world? Oh my...who would i emulate that could help me survive i wander? Guts? No, he'd be to easily beaten by some of the more powerful characters. Inuyasha? PFFT! Nah, to girly...I need someone powerful, someone terrifying someone...like...:

Yes...That would do perfectly. He..hehe...hahahahahahahaha. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

OT: Ok, basically as long as i could get Alucards powers then i'd be freaking fine with being in an anime. Why Alucard? Because he's arguably one of the most powerful anime characters around, plus it'll be fun to watch peoples expressions when i suddenly rematerialize from having my head blown off. Although, i'd probably act more reminiscent to TFS' Hellsing Abridged Alucard then regular Alucard.

In short, yeah, i'd be fine with it.

sumanoskae

Dec 7, 2007
There would be positives and negatives, I guess it depends on what kind of anime. I would hope for something like Code Geass, grandiose and over the top, so there would actually be a point to the change, but well written and consistent, so people would stay people and not become walking cliches, there would be no "Power of Friendship" or other associated lunacy, the world wouldn't be split into black and white as judged by some ineffectual, psychotically biased deity, nobody would pull super powers out of their asses, and nobody would come back to life.

But if I had to live with every anime cliche, I'd say no. Remember, everyone gets super powers and DD's, but only the villains ever get to have any fun, and they always die, no matter how masterfully orchestrated their schemes, some awkward fresh faced schoolboy, his bitchy would-be-girlfriend and his emotionally retarded goth buddy will always, ALWAYS, tap into the power of buttsex and destroy him.

That world is a terrible place, an infinite limbo of unresolved feelings, ever expiring super powers and T&A that likes to show off, but is only begrudgingly attached to a woman. And were it to come to pass, I would gladly sacrifice myself to see it burn, if only to end the suffering.

Zack Alklazaris

Oct 6, 2011
canadamus_prime said:
No way, I'd probably die very quickly if such a thing happened.

Zack Alklazaris said:
cliches around every corner,
Oh come on, it's not like N. American based media is any better in that regard. Just because the cliches are different doesn't mean there's any more or less of them.
That is true, I've just watched some really bad animes.

NeutralDrow

Mar 23, 2009
The universe already has turned into an anime.

Granted, it's got the general universe rules of Suzuka and the art style of Vagabond, so no one really noticed.

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
what anime? Pokemon style or more like Final Fantasy? Either way I am in

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
For me, Hell yes.

I would become a protagonist and go on crazy adventures every day.

If there was a two way portal from the real world to the anime world, it would be better since we wouldn't have to give up our RL life.

SL33TBL1ND

Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Zack Alklazaris said:
You mean filled with slutty underage Japanese girls, giant robots, cliches around every corner, and everyone over emoting themselves>
See, this list right here. This would be awful. The only thing I could tolerate, and only if they were western mechs, would be the giant robots.

Sectan

Aug 7, 2011
So I take it in this world we will have dramatic events exclaimed by everyone around when they happen along with the 20 minute stand off getting powered up for the fight. Then fighting for 2 minu-TUNE IN NEXT TIME FOR THE EPIC CONCLUSION!

Watch a lot of anime, just hate it when the drag the fights out when they usually end with one super power move.

Feb 9, 2011
I guess it would depend on the type of anime. I could easily see myself living in a Cowboy Beebop kind of universe, or something from Coyote Ragtime Show.