Poll: Would you ever burn a book?

EternalFacepalm

Feb 1, 2011
I burned my schoolbooks plenty of times, and it was a blast. I don't see what's wrong with it, really.
Hell, I can burn some religious books too, yet why would it matter? They're constantly printed, and it's just ink on paper, so who the hell cares?!

C95J

I plan to live forever.
Apr 10, 2010
Yeah, if I needed to. It's not like there aren't thousands of other copies of the same book anyway. And they aren't anything special anyway, just words on paper.

Ghengis John

Dec 16, 2007
If it was cold, I had nothing else to burn and I didn't particularly prize the book then sorry book, let's be practical. You're inanimate.

I'd never burn a book with malice. But I might see my way to burning one if practicality demanded it.

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
If I was really bored enough to want to do such an act, sure. Especially if I think the book sucks.
Like if I had a copy of Walden, I'd burn the crap outta that book.
Screw you Walden! I almost failed english class 'cause of you.

The Thinker

Jan 22, 2011
"Ever" is one of those words which I, as a (hopefully) mostly rational person, am alerted by. Anyhow, yes, I can think of situations in which I would burn a book, even if they are far-fetched.

ImperialSunlight

Nov 18, 2009
I believe that the bible has constricted people's creative and intellectual ideas for a long time. I believe revenge is justified in this case.

Maladict

Nov 18, 2009
To quote from Going Postal:

"Are you the type to burn a book, Lipwig?"
"No..."
"Why?"
"Because you just don't do that sort of thing."
"Correct. Books must be treated with respect, we feel that in our bones."

I realise that burning one book won't change anything, but it's symbolic of things I really don't like. So I would never do it except in life-saving situations.

rutger5000

Oct 19, 2010
Depends, I don't give jack shit about racist or stupid opinions. So if a book contains only those then yeah. Also if there thousands of the book in question, then sure why not? Otherwise no. Knowledge and deep thoughts are something sacret to me.

KingofallCosmos

Nov 15, 2010
Yes I would. I have great passion for literature, if I feel a writer is f*cking with me I will be tempted.

Just cause it's bad? Go ahead, but it's better just to use it as cat litter. You don't want to make a fuzz when the book's not even worth mentioning. Like Twilight. I wouldn't even know what it is if you people wouldn't mention it all the time!

CrazyMedic

Jun 1, 2010
Woodsey said:
I don't know, would you ever break a ruler?

[sub][sub]I don't get it....[/sub][/sub]
it is the idea of destorying knowledge not the act of just destorying a random object like Fahrenheit 451.

OT: no, no matter what knowledge is sarcred.

DementedSheep

Jan 8, 2010
Yes...Is there something wrong with burning a book? It?s just paper, burning a book is hardly some great tragedy. Its not like they are even hard to produce now.
If you mean burning all books no or all copies of a particular book probably not.

keideki

Sep 10, 2008
If it was the only way to keep warm in a nuclear winter situation then Yes. Or if the book I was burning was tax code.