Poll: Would you have sex with your cousin?

Hawkeye21

Oct 25, 2011
As my prof of genetics said, having sex with your first cousin carries about 1% risk of genetic degeneration in children. Having sex with your 2nd cousin carries practically no risk, so, by all means, pork away.

Dags90

Oct 27, 2009
Haukur Isleifsson said:
So a third cousin shares your great great grandparents? That's 5 generations. So the people connecting your blood and there were born sometime in the mid/early 18hundreds. Just asking cause you use such different terminology in these matters than we do over here. That would be totally acceptable to me. I have 8 Facebook-friends just that related to me and I never knew before I looked them up in our national genetic database. If I go back 7 generations then I would exclude about half of my FB-Fs, 8 and I would have only 15% left (most of them foreigners). So unless I'm going celibate I sure as hell am going to fuck some cousin sooner than later.
In Iceland, incest is...relative...Isn't pretty much everyone related to each other in some obscure way?

That's pretty impressive that you have records going back that far. The farthest my families records go is to our ancestor who immigrated to the U.S. from Scotland and married a Cherokee woman. That's about the 1860's, he was my grandfather's grandfather.

AzrealMaximillion

Jan 20, 2010
Is she blood related? Then that may be a deciding factor for you to mill on.
Me I wouldn't sleep with any of my cousins. And My mother is adopted, so none of my cousins are blood related, but that's just how I am. That and I've known then all my life.

You on the other hand haven't seen this girl ever, so it's not that weird to think about being with her.

ReservoirAngel

Nov 6, 2010
Well I never even fucking see them except on incredibly rare occasions, plus any mutant flipper babies are thoroughly out of the equation in every possible way...

...still, no. Not a 1st cousin at least. Maybe some distant 4th or 5th cousin that odds are I would never fucking meet again, but even that's unlikely.

Dec 27, 2010
Actually, it's a rather interesting fact that it seems that third cousins produce more children and grand-children than unrelated couples. I still wouldn't, but it's not completely unthinkable.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Eww. Sick. No.

Blood relation tends to cancel out my boner, I don't care if she looks like Alison Brie.

ChaoticKraus

Jul 26, 2010
She's your 3:rd cousin, thats really fucking far away. People are just being weird, go for it! I wouldn't have any problems with 2:nd cousins either, thats not close enough to be of any genetic concern.

Crazy

Oct 4, 2011
You're asking that like I haven't already, shame on you. Yes yes yes! That's all folks.

Wolfram23

Mar 23, 2004
1st or 2nd cousins, definitely not. But when you get to 3rd cousins isn't that like your parent's cousin's kids? Which means you're bloodlines split at your great grandparents... hardly seems to matter at that point.

Unless I'm wrong about that. But isn't it like:

great grandparents
grandparents A, grandparents B
Parents A cousins to Parents B
You (A), 3rd cousin (B)

Also would help if your families are distant lol. Would be wierd if you grew up together like normal cousins...

Anyway personally I'd find that very wierd and wouldn't do it, but at the same time I don't think it's exactly wrong or immoral at that point.

Mr.Squishy

Apr 14, 2009
Deathleaper said:
Lets say you have a distant cousin(3rd, 4th, or 5th) and the 2 of you find each other attractive, and both of you were close enough to actually have feelings for each other. You hang out, and the topic of it comes up, and your cousin is up to it. Would you do it if no one knew about it?

If she were my 3rd cousin, I may. 4th or 5th definitely, we're so distant it wouldn't even matter.

I'm asking because recently I was at a family gathering, and a lot of my relatives brought along some friends(ie, people not related to me), which wouldn't make it a "family gathering" anymore and just a party. I was sitting at a table and this girl I have never seen before sat next to me. I figured she was a friend of one of my relatives. Yadda yadda yadda, we flirt but then we find out we're related(3rd cousins). She still seems interested in me, and Vindictive God help me, I may go for it.

So what about you, Escapits?
Dude, go for it! I know I would.

Timberwolf0924

Sep 16, 2009
I know most of you are going to think it's crazy, but I've been with a 2nd cousin. Wasn't planned, wasn't drinking, or high. Were just hanging around watching tv, and next thing I know we're going bareback..

Reishadowen

Mar 18, 2011
Deathleaper said:
I'm asking because recently I was at a family gathering, and a lot of my relatives brought along some friends(ie, people not related to me), which wouldn't make it a "family gathering" anymore and just a party. I was sitting at a table and this girl I have never seen before sat next to me. I figured she was a friend of one of my relatives. Yadda yadda yadda, we flirt but then we find out we're related(3rd cousins). She still seems interested in me, and Vindictive God help me, I may go for it.

So what about you, Escapits?
Yeah...if you're both into it, go for it. Though I think checking to see how your other family members would respond to the idea of you before you did it. Of course, then again, that might be a socially acceptable thing there.

West Virginaaaaaaa, country rooooooaaads, take me hooooooooome...

mgirl

Mar 29, 2011
Oh dear god no.

Incest isnt really a turn on for me.... plus the idea makes me feel quite a bit sick... i think I'll just leave it at that.

xxcloud417xx

Oct 22, 2008
If it's not weird for you then w.e man, do what you will. my only concern is that once the time comes it may put you off, or her for that matter.

crudus

Oct 20, 2008
Jarimir said:
Fortunately most people alive today dont have that background/problem.
I have heard that Amish populations have at least minor problems with it. People need to move to different Amish communities to get some fresh blood in the pool again. I don't know how true that is, I heard it in school about 6 years ago. Also, it would be a little weird/scary if you donated sperm and two of your kids unknowingly met.