Poll: Would you have sex with your cousin?

Slythernite

Jan 25, 2009
I think there is a significant difference between having sex with your cousin and having children with them. Having children breaks the Incest taboo (below) and having sex just breaks societal norms (also below).

Taking the sociological approach here.

The incest taboo exists to:

1. Increase diversity in the gene pool.
(Not a problem, you're not having children)

2. Increase social integration with other societies/gene pools (Exogamy).
(Not really a problem unless you're getting married)

3. Ensure that social roles in the family are not disrupted/confused.
(Not a problem, again, not having children here)

Would I? Probably not, I'm socialized to be disgusted by the thought, like many people in this thread.

IamLEAM1983

Neloth's got swag.
Aug 22, 2011
Deathleaper said:
4 different sex partners so far(though for a guy my age that may not be a lot compared to others).
Problem solved. You seem to be sexually active, so why would you even bother with trying to get it on with a relative? I know you said you didn't know until after you'd started flirting, but the notion that she's related to you should *ideally* serve as a massive turn-off. In which case, who cares? Plenty of other fish in the sea.

ReinWeisserRitter

Nov 15, 2011
Incest doesn't bother me; if I found them attractive, I'd be fine with it as long as they were as well.

Granted, I haven't found a single member of my family attractive, but the concept in itself doesn't bother me. My other half is similarly uninhibited, but finds... damn near everyone attractive, including several members of their family (and their fourteen year old sibling, because you needed to be creeped out today), so whether that's a result of overlap or a specific attraction is anyone's guess.

JochemDude

Nov 23, 2010
Well my uncle is adopted so my cousin and me aren't even really family and I only see them like twice a year and she is really cute.
So, yes I would and yes we did.

*did I post this before? it doesn't show it but I swear I did*

Slaanesh

Aug 1, 2011
IamLEAM1983 said:
Deathleaper said:
4 different sex partners so far(though for a guy my age that may not be a lot compared to others).
Problem solved. You seem to be sexually active, so why would you even bother with trying to get it on with a relative? I know you said you didn't know until after you'd started flirting, but the notion that she's related to you should *ideally* serve as a massive turn-off. In which case, who cares? Plenty of other fish in the sea.
I might have agreed with you before(it being a turn off). But the fact that we flirted before finding out, it just makes me see her as another girl, and not my cousin. So why not?

geon106

Jul 15, 2009
lithium.jelly said:
Why the hell not? In most places outside of the USA, sex, romance and even marriage between 2nd cousins or more distant is considered quite acceptable and there's really nothing weird or wrong about it. American culture is full of the weirdest hangups.
Really? Cuz i live outside the US (in UK) and it is very much frowned upon here

mike1921

Oct 17, 2008
The poll is worded weird or at least seems to imply everyone has a cousin who is about their age who they want to fuck.

But, yea in your situation I'd hit it so I hit yes for the poll

JMeganSnow

Aug 27, 2008
Shadowstar38 said:
The CDC a few years back said that even 1st cousins are genetically diverse enough to have kids with each other and not increase the chances of genetic disease by a factor any greater than a random pairing. I think laws were even changed (in the US) that universally allowed 1st cousins to get married.

OT: yes and I have (it was gay sex so no chance of kids anyway) and I happen to be descended from 1st cousins, my great-great grandparents, were married in Czechoslovakia

Edit: I dont think I have ever met anymore than 2-3 of my 2nd cousins, nevermind 3rd, 4th, 5th
Indeed--my aunt and uncle have several kids with genetic disorders and they're not related in any way, shape, or form.

Now, would I have sex with any of my first cousins? No, because all of my first cousins are way, way younger than I am, being as I'm the oldest of my generation on both sides of the family--well, sort of. I have an older male first cousin I've never met because he was given up for adoption. I wouldn't worry about encountering him accidentally though.

DarthFennec

May 27, 2010
Well ... technically everyone (and every living creature) on this planet is my distant cousin, but I don't think that's what you mean.

No I would not. All my cousins are assholes.

Shadowstar38

Jul 20, 2011
JMeganSnow said:
Shadowstar38 said:
The CDC a few years back said that even 1st cousins are genetically diverse enough to have kids with each other and not increase the chances of genetic disease by a factor any greater than a random pairing. I think laws were even changed (in the US) that universally allowed 1st cousins to get married.

OT: yes and I have (it was gay sex so no chance of kids anyway) and I happen to be descended from 1st cousins, my great-great grandparents, were married in Czechoslovakia

Edit: I dont think I have ever met anymore than 2-3 of my 2nd cousins, nevermind 3rd, 4th, 5th
Indeed--my aunt and uncle have several kids with genetic disorders and they're not related in any way, shape, or form.

Now, would I have sex with any of my first cousins? No, because all of my first cousins are way, way younger than I am, being as I'm the oldest of my generation on both sides of the family--well, sort of. I have an older male first cousin I've never met because he was given up for adoption. I wouldn't worry about encountering him accidentally though.
I didnt Write that shit! Are people Just quoting stuff and editing the dialog now. What the hell is going on?

DoomyMcDoom

Jul 4, 2008
if she was like 4th or so it's far off the family tree, and in my family that means even if you told everyone you two fucked maybe 3 people would know you were even related... and they'd keep it a secret for you...

hell I haven't even met like any of my cousins outside of the first cousin types, and they're pretty much all guys... so it's really nothing I have direct experience with...

JMeganSnow

Aug 27, 2008
Shadowstar38 said:
I didnt Write that shit! Are people Just quoting stuff and editing the dialog now. What the hell is going on?
Beats the hell out of me dude, I usually delete nested quotes but I've never had this issue before. :p

Elf Defiler Korgan

Apr 15, 2009
I did meet an incredibly hot cousin once. Beautiful blonde, had the sure look of affluence, flawless skin, same age.

She wasn't biological though, since I was adopted into another branch of the family. They were very British, my ancestral background is eastern Europe, so no incest there if it had gone further.

*Fondly remembers the flirting*

Pedro The Hutt

Apr 1, 2009
In the hypothetical situation that my 3rd-5th cousin is a very attractive lady who I meet as an adult for the first time and we both are attracted to one another? Sure I would!

I mean, why not? I've never met her before, so I wouldn't even think of her as a relative and unless we shared the same surname we probably wouldn't even ever find out unless we started comparing family trees and discovering we share a common great great great GREAT grandparent, that's five generations of people since there last was shared blood between us, that means we'll share, what, 1/10th of genetic information? That's not nearly enough for valid concerns about inbreeding (and since no one would ever find out there'd be no offspring involved anyway). And really, since all humans have a common ancestor to some degree we are indulging in incest no matter who we dive into bed with.