Poll: Would You Kill Baby Hitler?

KalosCast

Dec 11, 2010
This has been done so much by short-sighted but well-meaning time travelers that the time police have a factory to clone Hitlers just outside the time-stream near 1933. They have a running office pool to see who will commit suicide next over the horror of what they're doing.

Kingsnake661

Dec 29, 2010
To think that simply removing hitler from time would prevent WW2 is a falicy of logic. Hitler alone didn't start world war 2. Lots of factors did. And in fact, from what i understand of history, the reason they LOST WW2 was the fact Hitler was a pretty BAD general and made some really DUMB moves.

Who's to say you wouldn't make things even worse? Like say, having the nazi's have a compedent leader and they accually win? Not to mention the fact that a baby is innocent, and the very fact you've travel through time very likely altered it anyways, so, the baby hitler's "fate" isn't nessessirly set in stone anymore... (I don't belive in FATE. Thus, IMO, you can't condime a person for crimes that didn't commit, even if it's possible they MIGHT in an alternate future.)

If a time traveler REALLY wanted to prevent world war 2, he'd need to go back and work on preventing world war 1 first. It's much more complacated then just killing baby hitler...

tkioz

Fussy Fiddler
May 7, 2009
No, not just No... Oh HELL NO.

Unlike some I've actually studied the history of the second world war, Hitler did more to lose Germany the war then most of the allied nations. Even if the assassination attempts on his life in '44 had worked it would of made the war worse, the cable trying to knock him off wanted to organise a negotiated end to the war... guess what that would have meant? The Allies would have taken it, which means the holocaust would have been covered up.

The German's have a word, Zeitgeist, it means "the spirit of the age", which means that the world was going to have a second world war no matter what, the times were right for it, but take Hitler out of the picture and suddenly so many things could go wrong, Germany might not have invaded Russia, it might not have shoved its balls into the grinder by following the Japanese in declaring war on the US (yeah, the US declared war on Japan, Germany declared war on the US, there is some debate if the US would have entered the EU war without Germany doing that).

Frankly there is so much that could have been so much worse, so, let history be history, and don't screw with it.

Cazza

Jul 13, 2010
No

Not my right to fuck with time. True it might things better, could make them worst, could not change a thing. No point in becoming a murder for it. Also pointed out at that stage he hadn't had anything wrong.