Poll: Would You Shoot Enemies Helping Their Wounded?

Hop-along Nussbaum

Mar 18, 2011
With proper marksmanship training, there would be no wounded to help. They'd all just be dead, which is the idea we're going for here, right?

JMPease21

Jun 11, 2010
keeping a wounded soldier alive just means the other healthy soldiers are going to be busy trying to save him. Even without that advantage, I'd not the kind of person to shoot someone when they're down.
And I'd never shoot a medic on the field.

But in video games medics are definitely my first priority target

Hucket

Apr 29, 2010
It depends. Even in a game I would never shoot at someone bearing the medic cross. However if they were mearly enemy combatants, it would depend on whether or not the enemy had surrendered. If combat was still happening, then an enemy is an enemy. If they had surrendered or were at least in full retreat, then I'd let them be.

Quazimofo

Aug 30, 2010
in real life? probably not, medics are no threat to me, all they do is keep people alive. if the man i hurt cannot fight me, and he may yet live, why ruin his chances and doom someone else?

in videogames however, i feel little sympathy unless a character was well characterized as a not terrible person, even though they were an enemy. if not, i shoot every fucker on the enemy team, no matter what they do

Gazisultima

May 25, 2009
Did it earlier. I'm not sure this counts, but in GTA IV I was going on a "cold hard killer" spree, where I dramatically point guns in civilians faces and hear them beg before they get shot in the face. I actually do feel remorse when I do it, which is quite rare for a game. Anyway, besides the point, when a paramedic came along and tried to resuscitate a woman. I could hear him say "stay with me!" and "you're going to be fine". I shot him too.

P.S. GTA IV is usually how I deal with my anger problems. It works XD

lt_yao

Mar 18, 2011
That's how war is sadly enough... Kill or be killed, unless the soldier disarms himself (And I didn't mean that he tears of his hands, would be sort of amusing though) then it's a whole different story.

I do believe that's how it works, un-armed = non-hostile, armed = possible hostile. One-armed = pirate.

Darth_Murmeltier

Jan 5, 2011
Yopaz said:
I'm a pacifist so my answer is no, I wouldn't shoot anyone ever. Wounded, saving anyone who's wounded, armed and ready. I would shoot none of those. I might have been able to show someone who was going to kill me, but I'm not even sure if I could do that, even if it only meant wounding him.
Signed.

But in a video game ? Probably.

Edit: Some of the answers here are just disappointing/shocking for me to read. I mean, are you fucking serious? You're talking about killing a human being (a human just like you), if it was like smashing a tv screen. WHAT THE FUCK, GUYS!

MoosieMann

Nov 18, 2009
eh... i was playing flashpoint dr with my friend.. i got shot, and was laying on the ground bleeding to death.... my friend was a medic,and for some reason was doing a pacifist run in that match... he bent down to revive me, and the sniper shot him, right next to me. he didn't hurt anyone! he was just trying to help! and thats when i vowed never to shoot a downed man or a medic, unless they shoot back of course.

Treblaine

Jul 25, 2008
Maybe/depends

I certainly would not hold my fire JUST because they were recovering their wounded.

You don't suddenly become a non-combatant when you take a second to look after your buddy, you're still running around with a gun, or running messages or whatever.

Unless it was an agreed ceasefire to mutually recover wounded/bodies by personnel with no offensive capability then I'm shooting them. In war your aim is to destroy the enemy, either by killing them, wounding them, causing a rout or taking them prisoner.

Judgement101

Mar 29, 2010
Let me think: I almost kill the guy. Then 2 others come out to help him so I would have to fight him again. If I just finish him off AND kill the other 2 that is 3 more enemies I won't have to deal with.

END RESPONSE: Yes

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
Darth_Murmeltier said:
Yopaz said:
I'm a pacifist so my answer is no, I wouldn't shoot anyone ever. Wounded, saving anyone who's wounded, armed and ready. I would shoot none of those. I might have been able to show someone who was going to kill me, but I'm not even sure if I could do that, even if it only meant wounding him.
Signed.

But in a video game ? Probably.

Edit: Some of the answers here are just disappointing/shocking for me to read. I mean, are you fucking serious? You're talking about killing a human being (a human just like you), if it was like smashing a tv screen. WHAT THE FUCK, GUYS!
In a video game, I wouldn't even think twice. Shoot the wounded, then the ones carrying the wounded. Clean and easy. Not every day you get that chance.

teh_spartan

ultimate pwnerer
Mar 29, 2009
i would not shoot to kill i would shoot to seriously Injure and put out of action permentently. If someone is dead they are left until after the firefight, If they are seriously wounded they must be carried of the battlefield. Don't get me wrong i am not the military type I would never join the armed forces (no offense to those in the armed forces, its just not my thing) but I am a man of strategy.

Jakub324

Jan 23, 2011
I like your logic. There is no reason at all to spare someone in a game, especially if they only require a ruffle of their hair to get them up and fighting again.

jboking

Oct 10, 2008
razelas said:
jboking said:
In the video game world, Final Fantasy Tactics has taught me to shoot down the White Mage(medic) FIRST. Then take care of everyone else. So, yes.

In the real world, no, I probably wouldn't shoot a medic if he was carrying men off the battlefield. Now, if they developed a way to heal and get wounded soldiers back onto the battlefield in mere minutes, then the medic has got to go.
You should find this interesting then... [http://www.popularmechanics.com/science/health/life-extension/4328266]
I feel as thought I should revise my opinion.

Medics, take them out fast. I don't need someone I already shot down getting back up on the battlefield.

It's war, they know the risks and accept them, etc. etc.

Treblaine

Jul 25, 2008
Yopaz said:
What if this soldier was going to kill someone you cared about? Would you shoot to kill?

If not. Well, that's why a lot of people don't like pacifists.