Poll: Yet Another God Damn My Little Pony Thread

Irony's Acolyte

Back from the Depths
Mar 9, 2010
The Great Googly said:
-Drifter- said:
The Great Googly said:
"I'm not gonna watch it cause it's a giiirly show."
Yeah, okay, we get it. You're still annoying, and coming across as some five year old kid who's afraid he's gonna get cooties or something.
No really. I am impressed. Your so confident in your masculinity. Watching MLP. Dont care what nobody thinks!

Yes. All men of any age should watch my little ponies. To prove how manly they are. Cause only real men watch MLP right?

Makes sense to me!

My 4 years in the marines. 2 in iraq. dodging mortar fire in fallujah. childs play. not manly at all.

Watching MLP in your 20's however? Instant John Holmes.

Of course we're all trying to assert our manhood. Because obviously this is what the whole interest in MLP is about. Masculinity. Although I have hear another theory. Bear with me, it's kinda hard to grasp.

Well you see some people say that they innocently decided to check out the show. They figured that they wouldn't like it because, hey, it's a "girl's" show right? MLP? Please, no guy would be caught watching that. So of course they're just expecting to walk away with nothing but humorous jokes about how horrible the show is. But apparently this doesn't always happen for some strange reason. I've heard rumors that some people, actually like it for what it is. They claim that along with the good animation and voice acting, the stories are good and so is the humor within it. Of course those are just rumors so I can't say for sure if that's how it is.

Peteron

Oct 9, 2009
I immensely dislike My Little Pony, and I refuse to watch it further. My favorite Pony is SparkleLord from Dr.McNinja.

EDIT: And as an add on, its overwhelmingly feminine.

ZeroMachine

Oct 11, 2008
I know it's different, but... I'm seeing people... saying... they like Twilight... on the Escapist...

MarkusWolfe

Jun 21, 2010
-Drifter- said:
Maybe you should think your analogy through first, given that this one makes no sense.
A bird taking a dump on your windshield is no different than ponies showing up on a website you like when you're a person who finds ponies distasteful. And yes, it's being shoved down everyone's throats here. If a person watches a bit of it and says they don't like it, you all yap at him that he didn't watch enough of it and that he should go back and watch more of it or his opinion is invalid.

I find ponies to be like politics: Everyone should agree to disagree and then promptly shut the fuck up and never discuss it again.

SkyrimOrBust

Apr 23, 2011
MarkusWolfe said:
-Drifter- said:
Maybe you should think your analogy through first, given that this one makes no sense.
A bird taking a dump on your windshield is no different than ponies showing up on a website you like when you're a person who finds ponies distasteful. And yes, it's being shoved down everyone's throats here. If a person watches a bit of it and says they don't like it, you all yap at him that he didn't watch enough of it and that he should go back and watch more of it or his opinion is invalid.

I find ponies to be like politics: Everyone should agree to disagree and then promptly shut the fuck up and never discuss it again.
The only instance I've seen where we have said someone has not seen enough of it is when someone said they saw five minutes and then dismissed it as bad right away. Imagine if I read one sentence of your argument and then decided it was bullshit. How would you feel?

MarkusWolfe

Jun 21, 2010
SkyrimOrBust said:
The only instance I've seen where we have said someone has not seen enough of it is when someone said they saw five minutes and then dismissed it as bad right away. Imagine if I read one sentence of your argument and then decided it was bullshit. How would you feel?
5 minutes is plenty of time to decide whether or not a show is good.

-Drifter-

Jun 9, 2009
MarkusWolfe said:
-Drifter- said:
Straw-men argument. Nobody yelled at you (or to my knowledge, anyone else) for not liking the show, they got mad because you called it a cancer and derided the shows fans for enjoying it.

Then kindly take your own advice.

SkyrimOrBust

Apr 23, 2011
MarkusWolfe said:
SkyrimOrBust said:
I didn't mean a personal sense, in which I would agree with you, I meant in a sense in which you found yourself entitled to flame all who liked it and refer to it as cancerous.

MarkusWolfe

Jun 21, 2010
-Drifter- said:
The kindly take your own advice.
Not good enough. People are still talking about it. There's still birdshit on my windshield.

Although I wouldn't really care if this was in a part of the site specifically set aside for it. Like a TV section; that way I could steer clear of this and everyone else could have their discussions. A 'not in my favorite sub-forum' policy, if you will.

Irony's Acolyte

Back from the Depths
Mar 9, 2010
MarkusWolfe said:
SkyrimOrBust said:
Five minutes is the beginning of a episode. Do you judge books to be good by only reading the first couple pages? Figure out how good a movie is by watching the opening credits? You must be an amazing critic then. Do you do it professionally? With skill like that I'm sure you can make some good money.

Radoh

Bans for the Ban God~
Jun 10, 2010
MarkusWolfe said:
SkyrimOrBust said:
No it isn't, you need a full episode of anything in order to make a decision on it.
I watched about 5 minutes of the first episode of Lucky Star and hated it. It had NO story progression and all it was was a bunch of girls discussing how they eat things, but I stuck through until the end and then proceeded to watch all the other episodes. It sits proudly in my "recommend to friends" shelf.

MarkusWolfe

Jun 21, 2010
SkyrimOrBust said:
MarkusWolfe said:
SkyrimOrBust said:
I didn't mean a personal sense, in which I would agree with you, I meant in a sense in which you found yourself entitled to flame all who liked it and refer to it as cancerous.
I'm as entitled to call it cancerous as you are to call it wonderful.

Welcome to free speech!

ZeroMachine

Oct 11, 2008
MarkusWolfe said:
SkyrimOrBust said:
No, it's not.

And now I must give my two cents... I tried the show and hated it. Watched most of the first episode. Bored me to hell. But I can see why people like it. And I'm not going to be an asshole and invade their threads and insult them.

As someone who DOESN'T like the show, let me be blunt to you, MarkusWolfe, and The Great Googly:

Shut the fuck up, leave the thread, and leave these people alone. You are not better than them. You are not smarter. You do not have better taste in shows. You don't like these threads? Fucking deal. This isn't your website. It's all of ours. Pony fans and pony haters alike.

You really have that big of a problem with them? Complain to the mods. But guess what? They'll deny you and then probably laugh about it.

Stop acting important and entitled and leave these fans be.

To the fans of the show, as someone who can respect an individual's taste (and who actually finds the memes entertaining):

Wuffykins

Jun 21, 2010
MarkusWolfe said:
How quaint. You remind me of a guy who was talking about Throwing Ponies into a fire, that if it was banned from /b/ it should be banned from the whole internet, was calling things cancerous tumours and telling others to do intimate and romantic things to their skulls with knives... I heard he got in trouble for that last one oddly enough.

You, you are a much more diplomatic man I see. Glad to see you're not flying off the handle simply because you personally don't like a show. And you say things I can agree with.

... but you realize this entire deal is just going to start again when someone doesn't use the search engine and posts the inevitable 'Why do guys like Ponies!' thread like the last few have, right?

MarkusWolfe

Jun 21, 2010
Wuffykins said:
MarkusWolfe said:
How quaint. You remind me of a guy who was talking about Throwing Ponies into a fire, that if it was banned from /b/ it should be banned from the whole internet, was calling things cancerous tumours and telling others to do intimate and romantic things to their skulls with knives... I heard he got in trouble for that last one oddly enough.

You, you are a much more diplomatic man I see. Glad to see you're not flying off the handle simply because you personally don't like a show. And you say things I can agree with.

... but you realize this entire deal is just going to start again when someone doesn't use the search engine and posts the inevitable 'Why do guys like Ponies!' thread like the last few have, right?
We make a TV sub-forum, and this never shows up in the sub-forums I browse again.

SkyrimOrBust

Apr 23, 2011
MarkusWolfe said:
SkyrimOrBust said:
MarkusWolfe said:
SkyrimOrBust said:

Welcome to free speech!

By posting that you've cemented yourself as a completely jackass. I don't get WHY you want to do this.

MarkusWolfe

Jun 21, 2010
SkyrimOrBust said:
MarkusWolfe said:
SkyrimOrBust said:
MarkusWolfe said:
SkyrimOrBust said:

Welcome to free speech!

By posting that you've cemented yourself as a completely jackass. I don't get WHY you want to do this.
Because I am allowed to, and because all of you dragged up something I strongly despise and put it somewhere I go frequently. If I did the same to you, I would expect nothing less from any of you.

Wuffykins

Jun 21, 2010
MarkusWolfe said:
We make a TV sub-forum, and this never shows up in the sub-forums I browse again.
1) That doesn't really do anything to the 'guys who don't search and post a Ponies, WTF?! thread' problem.

2) Whuh? Which forum are you speaking of. I see none listed with such a descriptor. Or has the hypontic avatar of Hypnotoad finally done its full damage?

Edit: oh, my bad. I misread 'make' as 'have'. Err, suggest this to ze Mods then? Telling us isn't going to do much.

MarkusWolfe

Jun 21, 2010
Wuffykins said:
MarkusWolfe said:
1) That doesn't really do anything to the 'guys who don't search and post a Ponies, WTF?! thread' problem.

2) Whuh? Which forum are you speaking of. I see none listed with such a descriptor. Or has the hypontic avatar of Hypnotoad finally done its full damage?

Edit: oh, my bad. I misread 'make' as 'have'. Err, suggest this to ze Mods then? Telling us isn't going to do much.
Oh, but it will. If many of us suggest it at once, they'll be more likely to implement it.

Frank_Sinatra_

Digs Giant Robots
Dec 30, 2008
MarkusWolfe said:
Wuffykins said:
MarkusWolfe said:

Wow, you seem like your about 3 seconds from rage-quitting the forums.
Really dude you need to calm down about this, and what did you expect to happen to you when you cam into a pony thread with a torch and pitchfork?
While we're all entitled to our own opinions you really need to be less of a jerk about your opinions; seriously you're already on probation.