Poll: you find a gun . . .

Xealeon

Feb 9, 2009
Call the police and tell them there's a gun on the side of the road, chance are it was used to commit a crime or has been lost by its owner and could be used to commit a crime later.

C95J

I plan to live forever.
Apr 10, 2010
I would probably just take it and never use it. Obviously take the mag out of the gun so it couldn't cause any damage.

EllEzDee

Nov 29, 2010
If this gun has nothing to do with a crime (i know there's no way to tell but whatever) then i'd empty the bullets down the drain and take it home with me. Especially if it's a revolver, they look cooool.
Otherwise, i'd just leave it and call the police. Finding a gun in England is rare as fuck anyway...

The Breadcrab

Mar 20, 2011
In that situation, there might as well be a bright neon sign on the gun saying "Picking this up is a very bad idea!" Which it is. I'd just ignore it. I'd maybe call the police to let them know, but otherwise I'd avoid it. There's no reason the majority of society needs a gun anyway.

Spygon

May 16, 2009
I would say pick it up and keep at my house but to be honest i would be concerned that i would get done for murder or something due to it being a murder weapon.So you would just keep on walking and ignore it.

If it was guarnteed it wasnt on a watch list or something i would take it home and stash it.

WolfThomas

Man must have a code.
Dec 21, 2007
Call the police, but do not pick the gun up, not only could it be evidence but I've heard so many stories of people being charged for possessing an illegal weapon when they turned in guns they found. Morally I can't just keep walking, a kid might find it or it could be vital evidence in a crime.

Michelle Weiss

Jan 5, 2011
call the police, but not touching it, if the person who had the gun before killed someone i'd rather not be the person who goes to jail because of it

GenericAmerican

Dec 27, 2009
As much as I would love another handgun, if it's lying on the side of the road; someone probably dropped after a hit.

Just leave it there.

Chrinik

May 8, 2008
Call the cops...right there and then, they can handle the rest.

But if I feel really lucky, take a cloth or something else, pick it up with it to prevent prints, check the chamber, unload if needed, de-cock the hammer, put it in something convenient like a plastic bag, if I happen to have one, then take it to the cops.

While I do feel like just keeping it, and sometimes even feel like fucking shit up with it and kill people, in a real situation, the most logical thing is to just call the authorities. It could be evidence, used in a crime stained with AIDS, the hell do I know. So better not mess with it.
Also, I did already find gun parts, as a kid tho, I didn´t quite know what the hell they where, but in hindsight, I remembered them being Mauser rifle parts, a bolt and a scope...so obviously either a german soldier took it apart and tossed it into the woods at the end of the war, or someone left them there recently (Mausers are still widely used for hunting or competitive shooting...or for friggin fun shooting at the range, they work great and fire a solid round.), I did not know.

loc978

Sep 18, 2010
Whip out my cell phone and call police non-emergency. I'd tell 'em what I found and stick around to make a statement if they asked me to. I have plenty of guns, thanks... and the one I'd be wearing when I found this one is probably superior anyway.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
Keep on walking as the weapon was likely a figment of my imagination. If it is a real gun that is really lying there I want nothing to do with it.

Ampersand

May 1, 2010
MagicMouse said:
Ampersand said:
MagicMouse said:
Ladette said:
I have enough guns, and why would I risk taking home what could have been a murder weapon?
This. Only I don't have enough. Not YET.

Ampersand said:
I really hate guns, there is just no good reason for someone to have one.
Please stick to the subject at hand, there is no need for this to turn into a debate.
I did...:/ opinions different from yours aren't automatically irrelevant. Should go without saying but whatever.
It just seems like you could have said "There is no good reason for ME to have one" instead of saying that people that own guns have no reason to. The way you worded it could easily be taken as an insult to any gun owner.

I wasn't trying to demean your opinion, so I apologize for any offence taken.
I accept your apology for a start.
But my stance on subject remains that it is needlessly dangerous both to yourself and those around you for anyone to own and/or use a firearm.

Aijou

Nov 9, 2009
Realistically - Slowly walk away while looking around nervously to see if anyone's looking. Hopefully the police'll find it before some kid shoots himself but I don't need the interogation right now.

Idealistically - Grab it at the last moment before I get mauled and kill my assailant starting me on an epic quest with increasingly devestating weaponry to rid the world of aliens.