Poll: You have a clean record. Excellent job, citizen!

SextusMaximus

Nightingale Assassin
May 20, 2009
I think 2 of my warnings have been pretty unfair. In the last one I wasn't even being rude at all even though the other guy was, so I think he got me them to be fair. One of them I understand completely though, just one of those things:p

Angie7F

WiseGurl
Nov 11, 2011
I got told off for low content, or not enough constructive content.
But that is just the kind of person I am in real life too.
I keep the conversation going, but actually have very little input.
Well, I will try to do better.

Longstreet

Jun 16, 2012
Zero so far. Guess i am a good boy.

Always try to avoid low content posts, and be nice to everyone, that too.

lunavixen

Jan 2, 2012
I've only had a low post content warning before, but that was when i first joined, have had nothing since and i'd like to keep it that way, i've never been banned from a forum, i don't want to start now

Jun 11, 2008
I come from a time before warnings and have been on probation 2 times technically 3 but I contested the last one and got it removed as it was undeserved.

Doclector

Aug 22, 2009
I'm pretty sure I got a warning ages ago for insulting those who use comic sans, but right now my health bar is clean.

Honestly, I'm always careful with this sort of thing. I like this forum, have no wish to be booted out, and I know that the health bar takes a damn long time to recover.

Kungfu_Teddybear

Legacy
Jan 17, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
I've had one warning, some months after I joined the Escapist, before the forum health bar. It was for posting an image in a thread without any text (this thread is bad and you should feel bad meme), as that adds no discussion value to the thread, however in my defence, the thread had no discussion value, it was something about Yahtzee riding a horse to the moon or something.

MeChaNiZ3D

Aug 30, 2011
I don't know how, exactly, but I haven't gotten a warning of any kind yet. But I feel like every time I half-heartedly insult someone or hint at someone possibly not being genuine in their intentions, someone else's post is misconstrued and they get a warning for it. ^^

Quaxar

Sep 21, 2009
I once told a creationist troll he was the most ignorant person I have ever met. Worth it though, didn't even bother to read or skim through the last 20 or so pages of discussions and long explanations by multiple biologists and amateur, just went right for the answersingenesis best-of, already discussied on the first few pages.

Apart from that nothing, no. I think my charm prevents the mods from being mad at me. Either that or the explosives I had embeded in their skulls.

lettucethesallad

Nov 18, 2009
No warnings ever, clean as a whistle. Probably because I only post in threads that interest me and I'm not particularly susceptible to troll bait.

GundamSentinel

The leading man, who else?
Aug 23, 2009
Never gotten a warning and I intend to keep it that way. I've always liked how well-mannered and well-policed this forum is. And in the rare case that a debate does turn bad, I've usually abandoned ship way before. :)

A Weakgeek

Feb 3, 2011
No warnings.

A good escapist isn't a good person, a good escapist is an asshole who just knows how to be subtle about it.

Macgyvercas

Spice & Wolf Restored!
Feb 19, 2009
No warnings, no probations, no suspension, and certainly no bans. Talos, I am awesome.

Now to keep that streak for 20k more posts....

The Heik

King of the Nael
Oct 12, 2008
Copper Zen said:
That's right! I'm clean! Woo hoo!!!

The Man ain't got nuthin' on me! Who rocks? I ROCK!!!

And people say you can't keep a clean health bar and have a sense of humor around here?

I got my first (and only) warning for a Low Content post back in late August. It was quite a shock because I was new to the Forums and had BRILLIANTLY misinterpreted "Low Content" for "Low Brow". This is what happens when you scan over the Posting Guidelines rather than actually read them.

I've had a few close calls since then but happily there are good hearted Escapists who warned me of some oversight or mistake in time for me to correct them. I do the same for others--though it more often involves posters I don't know than ones I do. It just goes to show that what goes around comes around--if you look after others sometimes someone will surprise you by watching your back.

Topic of Discussion: No flaming the Mods, but tell us some war stories that led to YOUR Health Bar notching up a few battle scars!
Actually the only warning I ever got was a low content that was way back before the health bar was implemented, so technically I'm pristine bitches!

Honestly though, it kinda surprises me. I know that I can be a fairly tenacious/stubborn person when it comes to discussion, and that I can get very stuck in with but the tiniest of investments, but I guess I've managed to toe the line between heated debate and insulting the opposition. I'd chalk it up at least in part to the community here, because even in the most venomous of debate topics *coughMassEffectcough* they always keep a level of control and respect for each other that I find both heartening and relaxing.

So to all my Escapist brothers, sisters, aliens, robots, zombies, monkeys, and anything in between, I thank you for helping create and maintain the arguably best community I've ever experienced on the internet, and for genuinely making my day damn near all the time!

Aesir23

Jul 2, 2009
I've gotten two warnings for low content posts. The amusing thing is that I used the same picture both times but forgot to add onto it with words.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Seven warnings, most probably for variations of calling people stupid. But I got most of those awhile ago, I don't post as much as I used too so now I tend to avoid warnings.

The Artificially Prolonged

Random Semi-Frequent Poster
Jul 15, 2008
Clean record since I signed up. Not really a massive achievement given that my post to time spent here ratio is not very high, though I think that has helped me avoid any low content warnings.

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
I got my first rather recently for making a very obvious joke at the expense of the creator of that thread calling us all sheep for buying EA games.

Totally worth it.

Amusingly enough, he was then suspended for the post I took the piss out of.

Paradoxrifts

Jan 17, 2010
I told someone in no uncertain terms that he was a hateful little nugget of spite for complaining about comic titles that he clearly never had any interest in purchasing, even if the changes he suggested were implemented. A trip to any serious local comic retailer would have revealed shelves groaning under the weight of enough comic book titles that would neatly fit his personal politics and empty his wallet, languishing unloved, unsold and doomed to be consigned to the bargain bin come stocktaking.

People need to spend more of their own money on the things they want, instead of telling people what should be available to other people to spend their own money on. And for the record I still stand by decision to call them out on their self-entitled dickery. Talk like that is demonstrably cheaper than comic books are.

BNguyen

Mar 10, 2009
the only warning I got was from low content in a post and the closest I came to being in trouble was because apparently someone was using my profile (or something similar to my profile and I got blamed)