Poll: You must spend a year locked in a room.

trollnystan

I'm back, baby, & still dancing!
Dec 27, 2010
I wouldn't force my company on anyone for a year straight. I'm awful to live with. Also, I need my space, man =P

Games please! I might go a bit stir-crazy, but I'll be entertained will doing so =D

Estarc

Sep 23, 2008
The games seem the only viable choice. I mean, I wasn't bothered by any morality aspects of picking a person, but with no entertainment to distract you, the two of you mother fuckers are going to go mental. There'd only be two things to do - fuck or kill each other.

Anezay

Apr 1, 2010
That is a seriously tiny room to be stuck in for a year.
Hard question. While I could choose a sexy lady and be a god of sex at the end from having nothing else to do for a year, I have been meaning to catch up on my gaming history lately, and games will never threaten to stab you, though, in fact, they cannot speak.
I'm gonna have to go with the sexy lady option.
Question: Is birth control available?
Edit: Either way, cabin fever is a *****.

Zeema

The Furry Gamer
Jun 29, 2010
Video games how would you not get board

and plus i want to play JEdi Power Battles again

infohippie

Oct 1, 2009
One person in a room with me for a year? One or the other of us would be dead within a month. I'll take the games, thanks.

Dags90

Oct 27, 2009
Estarc said:
The games seem the only viable choice. I mean, I wasn't bothered by any morality aspects of picking a person, but with no entertainment to distract you, the two of you mother fuckers are going to go mental. There'd only be two things to do - fuck or kill each other.
You can also make conversation with other people. We're sort of doing it now through the computer machine. Isn't it kinda nice?

Another thing I noticed about the OP that further cements my choice of taking the person, the games are only available on request. And you have no internet connection. Most of the games I can recall of the top of my head I've played extensively.

Ice Car

Jan 30, 2011
I would honestly take the video games. Now I'd love to have social company, but I do NOT do well with being bored. I also am not a very social person, though albeit having no social contact for a year can have quite the psychological effects.

Ulimately, I choose the video games. Otherwise there's no point unless I am forced to do this. But wait, if we don't need food to survive, does that mean we will still get hungry but just not die from it? And can we bring food anyway so we can eat if we feel like it?

Headsprouter

Monster Befriender
Legacy
Nov 19, 2010
I'd pick the games and their platforms. They provide backround noise and a good stress relief system. Another person brings frustration, arguments, violence, or other good things such as comfort and companionship. However I find games rarely frustrate me more than a human does, and offer me comfort. And I would never pass on being able to play games on every platform ever! I know it makes me seem antisocial and a bit misanthropic, but that's because I kinda am.

A Free Man

May 9, 2010
That was a pretty tough decision, I just picked the other person because let's face it if you have to be alone with someone for a year chances are your going to end up doing a certain something. So I would pick the hottest girl I can think of at the time! Haha I don't think it would be such a bad year :p

Pegghead

Aug 4, 2009
I think I'll take the games. The second option reminds me too much of that Red Dwarf episode where Rimmer had that Mr Flibbles puppet.

tombman888

Jul 12, 2009
Probably the videogames. I'm a very un-social person, and i like to live in my own shell.... it sounds bad when i say it like that XD

mlow44

Sep 17, 2010
i just spent 160 hours in 3 weeks on multiple playthroughs of Fallout: New Vegas. Before that, it was 2 weeks of Fallout 3. I spent another 3 before that playing Vampire: the Masquerade, and before that was 2 weeks of Deus Ex 1 and 2. I spent an entire month and a half on Mass Effect 2, and a month on the original, as well (not as recent). That's 19 weeks, a couple weeks shy of 5 months, spent on only 7 games. Every game in existence? Gimme, and I'll get back to you in a couple decades, maybe :p

ultrachicken

Dec 22, 2009
I don't know of anyone who I could stand being trapped with for that long. Sure, there could be potential for some fucking, but without contraceptives that would go downhill fast. So that leaves conversing as the only other optimal activity, and that would get annoying to the point that we might try to kill each other.

Besides, assuming there is internet connection, I would be able to speak to people through video games. If not, no big loss.

zauxz

Mar 8, 2009
I love how half of the people that posted here are trying to look cool, edgy and dark or whatever by saying that "I'd kill them within a month, hur hur."

Unless by "killed" you mean "Sit awkwardly staring at him/her, because I have no social skills what so ever", noone is buying it, kid.

Anywho, though both of the offers are defenatilly tempting, I'd go with the person. I'd get sick of playing games pretty soon, I'm sure of it. Unless online games and MMOs count. In that case... hrm.

Nah, I'd still go with the person.

joshuaayt

Vocal SJW
Nov 15, 2009
Hmm... Videogames. People get scared and violent, and I don't want to die.

I'll tell you now, though, if the room is sterile white, the deal is off- I don't want to have a yearlong headache.

EDIT: Actually, Dags90 made a great point- the games are available on request, meaning I have to know of them first. That limits my pool to the games I can remember, a relatively small number ever shrinking.

Maybe a person would be a better idea- I need to think about this.

Sephael

Jun 26, 2009
I thought most of people here (including me at some point in my dark past) already did that... Due to excessive gaming.

/thread