Poll: You must spend a year locked in a room.

Sticky Squid

Dec 30, 2010
I'd choose the games, nobody I like enough to want to see every day.
I'd spend most of the time sleeping anyway.

Aesir23

Jul 2, 2009
I would have to take the video games. Mainly because I'm not much of a people person.

Besides, having to spend 365 days in a row with a single person? I tend to start getting annoyed if I see someone more than three times a week. (Depending on the number of hours in a day I spend with them)

WolfThomas

Man must have a code.
Dec 21, 2007
Whats with the food and water scenario? I'd rather have food delivered than magically not need to eat, meals gives continuity which lowers my chance of going insane.

I'd probably pick a person, I figure I'd go insane just playing video games, a person lowers the risk of that. Yes they would be my age, attractive and single. What? I'm not perfect.

kikon9

Aug 11, 2010
I would feel too guilty about forcing someone into a room with me for a year. Plus I could get a chance to play all the games I've missed from the eighties to now.

OctoH

Feb 14, 2011
Honestly, I really want to say the second option. The problem is that I really like privacy. If I do not get that, as in if I had to take a shit with someone actually in the room, I will choose video games. However, if the "room" had a divider that would neutralize those particular awkward situations, then I would spend time with another person.

Tonythion

Aug 28, 2010
thank God most people chose video games.
I was beginning to think I might be some weird guy who prefers games than socia...
WE'RE ALL WEIRD PEOPLE WHO PREFER GAMES THAN SOCIAL INTERACTION

100tacks

Jun 25, 2011
I might get lonely with only video games, but I would rather be lonely with games than bored with another person. Do I get a notebook or paper? Because I would take notes so I could subsequently write a book about the best year of my life.

Blastinburn

Apr 13, 2011
Don't have a special person to be with. Going to go with the video games, also because I would not want to RISK getting board of being with someone special.

Captain Bobbossa

Jun 1, 2009
manythings said:
How big is this room and is there a potential for the people to kill each other?

Is playing games or interacting with this person the only thing you can do?
There is always potential to kill people.

Bloodwings

Jun 26, 2011
Video games, definitely. Not like I care for people much, I'm used to being ignored/ alone. Not by my family of course, 'cause that would be classified as abuse, I believe.

goose45

Jun 8, 2011
unless I'm going to marry them I'd never spend an entire year with anyone in the world. Some of ya'll have too much faith in folks.

General BrEeZy

Jul 26, 2009
i choose secret option C all of the above
the person would have to be well a good friend ill just go with that preferably someone i could spend the time making love to

space space space do you know what i love most about space its spaaaaaaaaaaace
ftw

Captain Bobbossa

Jun 1, 2009
It's a very good question. Both I think would drive me insane and leave me mentaly scarred forever regardless of time not passing. Especially the fact that I don't need to eat, drink, smoke or mabye sleep (not sure if that one is included).

Having the person would at least stop the lack of social contact so might help with the insanity a bit. But being with the same person 24/7 for a whole year would drive you both through many emotional states with each other (love, lust and hatred I suppose are the big three) but at the same time it would form a very strong bond between the two of you at the end of the ordeal, unless one of you kills the other. Of course if you choose the sex that you are attracted to (and vise versa for the chosen), esspecially a spouse then sex is bound to happen so does protection come under things you wont need or is it something that still comes into the equation but you aren't provided with? As a side note, do you get to keep the things you had in your pockets at the time?

With all the video games ever made you would at least have something to do, with a goal at the end of it and a very large knowledge bass on video games by the end of it. But at the end of it would you become a shut in for the rest of your life or would it ruin video games forever, a hobby most of us here hold close to our hearts? Would you become emotionaly attached to the characters in the games like that guy in castaway does to the football wilson? As another side note, I wouldn't know where to begin if I had access to everyvideo game ever made.

It is a very difficult question to answer and I'm still not sure. I chose the video game option because I felt I would have more to do. But I now think I would rather the person of my chosing because the lonelyness would be to much and I would rather share the experience.
I'm still stuck between two people I would take with me though. Best friend or spouse.

Thank you for this.

the_green_dragon

Nov 18, 2009
Games for sure! Play all the game I want then when I come back out I can go about my normal bussiness and forget about games for a while

ArchBlade

Pointy Object Enthusiast
Sep 20, 2008
Well, frankly, spending a year in a single room with either of these things would probably drive me absolutely mad in no time whatsoever. Although, I'm sure spending time in a room with a member of the opposite sex is bound to descend into occupying ourselves with fornication so I dunno...

Crazycat690

Aug 31, 2009
A person of my choosing, as we speak I am dangerously anti social, and my suspect my mental health isn't at its best, so spending a year alone with only games of my choosing wouldn't be good, it would be horrible... Besides, all people need human contact to remain sane. Furthermore if I have a person in there we'd either go out as best friends or potential lovers (depending on sex of the person and how lonely we actually feel) or one of us dead.

If I got to choose whoever I wanted, I'd choose a slutty girl. For two reasons... One, I'm the only guy there, so I will hopefully not be bored, and secondly, if we spend a year in that room we will talk, so I would get some social contact as well.

mexicola

Feb 10, 2010
I don't think you could last a year in a room with a person without ending up hating their guts. You would eventually exhaust all conversation topics and then it would be months of boredom. Even if you take someone sexually attractive and they like you too, you can't have sex 24/7 so that would still amount to months nothing to do. So if/when you come to bickering stage you would still be trapped for months with that person and no option to leave and no personal space. As for video games, well it might effect you mentally but if you at least have a window with a nice view, it might be pretty doable.

Averant

Jul 6, 2010
eh, fuck the games, fuck the people. Give me books, and a computer to type on. That'll keep me busy for a year. The isolation wouldn't bother me (much), because I don't like most people much anyway, and the games would get boring by the end of the first half year.

The mind, however, is infinite! I'd be able to write all those sequels and breakoffs that I have whirling around in my mind.

instantbenz

Pixel Pusher
Mar 25, 2009
Video games would be my pick. Don't tell my girlfriend, but I would love to get through some series.

If I knew I would have good food and vitamins and meds if I needed them. I would totally do that.

Hopefully the next year I could get a library all downloaded onto a computer. I need Visine, STAT!