Poll: Your favourite chocolate company (of these 6 listed)

Sep 14, 2009
Robot Number V said:
Reeses. NOTHING beats Reeses.
agreed, which is why i said hersheys, i literally eat them by the bag loads, i can't have just one or two..i have to have a cajillion of them.

also, hersheys for the fact they go great with smores, fuckin orgasm in your mouth.

also, i don't like rich/expensive chocolate, i'm low maintenance that way, so that's why i went with hersheys.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
kailus13 said:
Zhukov said:
Lindt.

There is no other.

EDIT: Okay, those of you who voted Cadbury, go buy yourself a block of Lindt chocolate right now.
And if I prefer Cadbury to Lindt? Would I have the taste of a peasant of something?
Depends, have you at least tried Lindt?

I was once a Cadbury's man with a bit of Nestle and Whitakers on the side, until that fateful day someone bought me a block of Lindt white.

kailus13

Soon
Mar 3, 2013
Zhukov said:
kailus13 said:
Zhukov said:
Lindt.

There is no other.

EDIT: Okay, those of you who voted Cadbury, go buy yourself a block of Lindt chocolate right now.
And if I prefer Cadbury to Lindt? Would I have the taste of a peasant of something?
Depends, have you at least tried Lindt?

I was once a Cadbury's man with a bit of Nestle and Whitakers on the side, until that fateful day someone bought me a block of Lindt white.
I have indeed tried Lindt, it's just too, too, something than cadbury's. I can't quite explain it. Never tried Lindt white though, that might be good.

b3nn3tt

May 11, 2010
Mars make Galaxy chocolate. Galaxy chocolate is incredible. My vote goes to Mars. Although I was initially drawn to Lindt, because my word that is some delicious chocolate right there. The thing that swung it for me though is that I can only eat so many Lindt chocolates before they start tasting a bit sickly, whereas I can happily eat an entire block of Galaxy in one go.

PedroSteckecilo

Mexican Fugitive
Feb 7, 2008
I'd have to go with Hershey's based off of the list alone, just because when I go for a Chocolate Bar I'm usually going for a Cookies and Cream Bar from Hershey's. Lindtt probably would be my favorite but I can only eat about half of their chocolate due to overuse of Coconut Oil... which I am allergic to.

However "overall" I'd have to go with home-town-hero company Bernard Callibaut (not the man himself unfortunately) as they make some damn impressive chocolate.

AnthrSolidSnake

Jun 2, 2011
I live in PA...like, maybe two hours or so away from Hershey Park. So, I've grown a loyalty to Hershey chocolate.
As far as my second favorite, those fucking Lindor chocolate balls...*gurgle*

Froken Keke

May 21, 2011
I've never seen or heard of any other than Lindt and Mars on that list, of which I've only eaten the later. Mars bars aren't really proper chocolate, though, so why those are here I don't know.

My favorite chocolate is Fazer, atleast of the ones sold in Sweden. I love Milka, but that's not sold here, for some reason.

Auron225

Oct 26, 2009
Queen Michael said:
Lindt's darker chocolate is unbeatable among these brands. Even though I hate their ads.

Auron225 said:
Lindt, easily. Are we only considering the quality of it and not the price? If thats the case then it seems unfair to compare Lindt to the others since they aim to be cheaper and more prominant.
Does "they" refer to Lindt or the others?
The others in this case. Lindt's goal is to be better quality and have a higher price, while the others are found everywhere and are cheaper so you may buy them on a more regular basis, but they just don't taste as nice. If they did taste as good, Lindt would've gone bust years ago.

Psykoma

Nov 29, 2010
I'll choose Lindt, but conditionally.

My exposure to Lindt are the chocolate balls with the creamy center. My parents have bowls full of them all over the house during christmastime.

I -hate- that creamy center.

So my vote for Lindt would be only for its solid chocolate components, like their gold bunny or other holiday types.

Shadow-Phoenix

Mar 22, 2010
Seems I'm the only guy here who's tried the master race of chocolate known as the Guylian brand.

best tasting chocolate I have ever tried my entire life and yet it's nowhere on the poll.

themyrmidon

Sep 28, 2009
Sir Thomas Sean Connery said:
Ghirardelli.

It's just fucking astounding.

When I was around 5, I won some stupid carnival bear guessing game and got a 5 pound block of Ghirardelli chocolate in the mail.

It was the first and most erotic experience of my life.
5 pounds? Please tell me where this magical carnival takes place!

I went with Mars in the poll (favorite cheap chocolate), but Ghirardelli is my absolute favorite.

Skeleon

Nov 2, 2007
Of the ones listed? Lindt. It's very fancy and fine.
That said, personally I prefer the taste and texture of Milka (Kraft Foods according to Wikipedia) despite that.
I don't even know a third of the ones listed or so, though.

Phasmal

Sailor Jupiter Woman
Jun 10, 2011
Nestle/Lindt. But I chose Nestle in the poll. I also like Cadbury.

Hershey bars are disgusting. They only recently started selling them around where I live, and I picked one up out of curiosity. It was horrible! I hope not all chocolate is like that in America.

JFKRowling

Mar 15, 2013
Milka is the best. Or any generic brand chocolate that you might purchase in any Swiss supermarket. Out of those, Lindt is the best. The rest are terrible, apart from Cadbury, which is fine. However, the Cadbury bars in England (as opposed to the exported ones) taste awful. They still aren't as bad as Hershey bars, which barely taste like chocolate at all. This is all for milk chocolate btw. For dark chocolate, Lindt, Ghirardelli, and anything South American is good.

Aug 1, 2010
themyrmidon said:
Sir Thomas Sean Connery said:
Ghirardelli.

It's just fucking astounding.

When I was around 5, I won some stupid carnival bear guessing game and got a 5 pound block of Ghirardelli chocolate in the mail.

It was the first and most erotic experience of my life.
5 pounds? Please tell me where this magical carnival takes place!
Somewhere near Santa Cruz....... About a decade and a half ago.

Seems like a worthy cause for a time machine to me!

Oct 2, 2012
I've only ever heard of Hershey, Mars and Nestle and I've only ever eaten Hershey and Nestle.
I voted Hershey cuz of Reeses. Chocolate and peanut butter is better than 7 simultaneous orgasms I say!
Thoug I have my gf make homemade peanut butter cups which are many times better than Reeses so in truth I don't like any of the chocolate companies too much.

Oct 2, 2012
Phasmal said:
Nestle/Lindt. But I chose Nestle in the poll. I also like Cadbury.

Hershey bars are disgusting. They only recently started selling them around where I live, and I picked one up out of curiosity. It was horrible! I hope not all chocolate is like that in America.
Except for very expensive niche brands that I have never seen anywhere all chocolate is like Hershey or worse.
Don't come here for sweets, alcohol, tobacco or anything else really. We have good fried food... Sometimes...

keniakittykat

Aug 9, 2012
That's all I can choose from?
I'm from Belgium, the world's chocolate capital! Call me a choco snob, but anything that has soy in it instead of cocoa butter is NOT chocolate in my book.
(Fun fact, here in Belgium it is ILLEGAL to print the word chocolate on your label if it isn't at least 80% cocoa product)

But my favorite chocolate brand? Callebout, to the rest of the world it's as fancy as brandname chocolate can get, here it's about ?1,80 a bar. xD

ultimateownage

This name was cool in 2008.
Feb 11, 2009
Lindt, and then Cadbury, Nestlé a distant third and then screw the rest. Thorntons would have been first if it was on that list. The American chocolates all taste pretty poor, except for stuff like Mars'. But most of their chocolates were invented over here, so it hardly counts as American chocolate.

ElectroJosh

Aug 27, 2009
Ed130 said:
Out of those 6? Cadbury.

What I actually buy: Whittakers as they still sell 250g slabs without any vegetable oil added.
You can get an "Amen" from me around that.

Apart from boutique chocolates (which can be quite costly); Whittakers is easily my favourite - their Dark Ghana is pure awesomeness.

oh yeah; of the options given it's Lindt. Their chili chocolate bar and their blueberry one are both fantastic.