Poll: Your game of the year.

RooftopAssassin

Sep 13, 2009
Mass Effect 2 was breathtaking and I thoroughly enjoyed it. But, I will have to wait for Assassins Creed: Brotherhood to say for sure or not. Fallout: NV was a disappointment, and I just finished it, but not the worst game I've played that was a letdown. I want to get Civilization 5, but I'm short on cash at the moment. Dead Rising 2 was a disappointment as well. Halo: Reach was just more of the same, but I'm sure there are a lot of 12 year olds screaming for that game right now. Minecraft would probably win if it were a valid entry, there are just way too many people who love and play it.

Romblen

Oct 10, 2009
Mass Effect 2, it's one of my favorite games of all time, and really that's the only game to get that title this year.

velcrokidneyz

Sep 28, 2010
I know i missed a lot of games, i had a hard time remembering if certain ones were released this yr or not, i didnt particularly care for a few of them but i put the big titles that came to mind, and i know its not the end of the year, just curious about how the yr has turned out thus far

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
I'm going to be an edgy, rebellious, non-sheep, against-the-grain, off-the-beaten-track and strong minded individual and say...

Mass Effect 2.

Well, so much for that.

Amnesia was a close second. Followed by Enslaved.

Firoth

Jul 14, 2010
Other: Fable 3. I know it hasn't come out yet, but, it's the only game coming out this year that I care about. I know it won't set the world on fire like every Fable game and its dog promises, but, I want to play it dammit!

captaincabbage

Apr 8, 2010
I really don't think Fallout New Vegas should be on that list. It was really fun, but the plethora of bugs and broken gameplay elements made it unbearable for me.

IMO Red Dead Redemption should take the cake for Game of the Year. The spectacular gameplay and story, excellent acting, varied game world and awesome multiplayer has made it one of the most treasured games I've ever owned. Plus, ZOMBIES!!!

DarkNazgul

Sep 29, 2009
What's wrong with you people . . .
STARCRAFT II !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
As a Side Note: Reach was Second Place.

MetallicaRulez0

Aug 27, 2008
Was going to say SSF4, but now that I think about it, ME2 was pretty good.

Edit: Actually, FUCK ME I forgot about Starcraft 2! That's easily GOTY for me.

teutonicman

Mar 30, 2009
Well I haven't played New Vegas or Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, but so far I'd go with Mass Effect 2.

Cazza

Jul 13, 2010
Mass Effect 2 I have enjoyed most this year. Other then that AC:B is what Im looking forward to but I don't think it will match ME2.

DaJoW

Aug 17, 2010
Mass Effect 2, though if I'd managed to buy Civ V that would probably have been it.

Polaris19

Aug 12, 2010
I don't think anything has come close to touching Mass Effect 2. The combat is intuitive and insures every fight feels intense. The voice acting is second to none, they really have that down. The story is pretty much the ME universe's Empire Strikes Back, dark, personal, and amazing. The cinematic presentation is still amazing, and the score is incredible and unique.

The only game that I would even consider putting up in the running is Reach, but even then, it's still miles behind ME2. We still have a few big games to go but at this point it's going to take a huge hit to take ME2 down.

Sakurazaki1023

Feb 15, 2010
I'm giving my vote to Vanquish because it was the only game that came out this year that managed to make cover based third person shooting sound interesting.

DJude

Jul 1, 2009
....No God Of War III? personally i think that was GOTY for me, it was just so stunning, fun, and just overall good, it's actually one of the few games i'd recommend as a substitute for watching a good movie

Strange21

Oct 19, 2010
Zhukov said:
I'm going to be an edgy, rebellious, non-sheep, against-the-grain, off-the-beaten-track and strong minded individual and say...

Mass Effect 2.

Well, so much for that.

Amnesia was a close second. Followed by Enslaved.
I shall follow in your footsteps and be different from everyone else!

Mass Effect 2.

Shit.

Samus Aaron

Apr 3, 2010
Red Dead Redemption was the only (okay fine, not actually the ONLY one) non-sequel/prequel video game and it was fakking awesome. Plus, undead nightmare DLC is coming out! Only thing better than Zombie Nazis is Zombie Comboys!

RDR gets my vote.