Poll: your house is on fire who/what do you save your dog or your console?

Artina89

Oct 27, 2008
I don't have a dog, so I would go for my PS3 or my PC.

If I did have a pet though, that would be the thing I save. The good thing is the PS3 is half owned by my brother, so he could save that, and my laptop is pretty light so I could carry that and lead the dog outside (or carry the cat, but cats have good survival instincts anyway, so that thing would be probably out of the door before the fire has even spread). There you go, no conundrum :)

Ca3zar416

Sep 8, 2010
I'd save the dog. Console is a luxury item I can live without. Dog is a life I find important.

TheHecatomb

May 7, 2008
The dog, obviously.

However if you'd ask me if I'd save the dog or my PC's harddrive with 10+ years of (poorly backed-up) work on it, I guess I'd have to get a new dog.

Davey Woo

Jan 9, 2009
Dog's first, then I'd go to grab my PC if possible, Xbox last because that's the cheapest to replace.

Double A

Jul 29, 2009
What, I can't pull the wood off then go get my 360's HD?

I'd probably go for my stash of cash rather than my consoles.

Wapox

Feb 4, 2010
I can get my dad to save my consoles and my Dog would definately be my problem, the saves can be saved, by removing the memory cards/harddrives.. and he know how to do that so meh. DOG!

NinjaDeathSlap

Leaf on the wind
Feb 20, 2011
Dog duh... a console you can replace, games you can replace, your dog you cannot. I mean, you can get a new dog, but it's not the SAME dog is it?

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Grab the hard drive, grab the dog. Everyone lives! Including Hith, my main Dragon Age character data.

Quaidis

Jun 1, 2008
That's a pretty straight-forward question.

A console you can replace. Games? you can replace. You can replay games if you lost scores.

A life? You cannot replace a life. You could get a new dog, but it wouldn't be like the old dog. And I can assure you that if the dog somehow survived the fire (it was in the basement or the fire department got there before the flames got too bad), you would pay tons more to fix the dog (or put it down) at a vet than a console at a game store.

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
I wish I had a cloud for all my data...dammit I guess I have to go with dog.

themerrygambit

Mar 1, 2010
Seriously why is this even a question... The fact that this is brought up shows the state of society today. The fact that someone would even consider saving an inanimate object over a living thing whether it's animal or human is just sad.

You can always buy a new console. What if you were trapped under some wood and you saw your room mate come into your room frantically looking around. He see's you then he see's his xbox. He looks at you says "sorry buddy", grabs the xbox and runs...

I mean this is a no brainer folks.

Anti Nudist Cupcake

Mar 23, 2010
Don't have a console, so I save the damn dog.
Even over ANY material possession, I would rather save a life than stick with my greed.

Prof. Monkeypox

Mar 17, 2010
I already lost my dog (sniff...),
I wouldn't want to do that again. I'd save a dog if I had one.
I could save money for a new console if I really "needed" one.

Laurie Barnes

May 19, 2010
I have four dogs, and they are the gayest yappiest little shi-tzus ever, and I would brave an inferno for each of them, even the ugly one we all think just might be retarded. My console is a soulless machine bred by a soulless corporation to make them soulless money. So really it is no contest between my dogs who have detail personalities and more importantly the ability to fear death, and my Xbox.

alimination602

Apr 14, 2009
Save my dogs- no question.

I can buy another cheap console on Ebay for £100. Small concern compared to the likely cost of damages and emotional trauma.