Poll: Your opinion on interracial relationships?

Flishiz

Feb 11, 2009
MasterOfWorlds said:
C95J said:
This thread is pointless to me, because obviously, there is nothing wrong with them. And if you think that there is, then you are racist and wrong.
Flishiz said:
Uh, having most of my *sentient* life occurring in the 21st century, I'm a bit wondering as to why this is a topic of discussion at all...
I started this thread because I was curious what the general opinions would be. I know that some people are really against it for some reason or another. I also know that there are people who exclusively date people from other races. Curiousity is what motivated me to make this thread, not some backward adherence to an obsolete ideology.
While I wasn't trying to imply any malevolence, I can at least say that you did a great job of displaying how well the times have changed in this regard, as when a large group of people can be very dismissive of a subject as if it was adhering to an ancient pagan virgin sacrifice ritual, then it's more or less confirmed that we live in a more enlightened society where such an anachronistic concept is long forgotten.

At least on The Escapist.

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
I support them, since it means I might get to date a Japanese girl. And being a geek, I'm in favor of that.

SnipErlite

Aug 16, 2009
SimuLord said:
snippity snip
I greatly respect you for being that damn honest, most people won't ever admit to things like that. It's good to see someone can improve to such an extent and distance themself from a mindset like that. (Y)

OT: I don't really care.

Pipotchi

Jan 17, 2008
I support it all the way, I am white but havent dated a white girl since University (I am now 28)

Current Girlfriend is Chinese and she's a keeper

RanD00M

Oct 26, 2008
If two human beings want to be with each other, then who am I to judge. They can be whatever race and sexually orientation. Not like it's going to affect me in any way.

Mistermixmaster

Aug 4, 2009
Is there any difference between an interracial relationship and a normal one? I don't know of any differences at least.

But then again, I haven't really thought about interracial relationships before. I got nothing against them or anything, but I can't see myself in one. I guess that might be because of my parents though, as I've been raised a bit old fashioned and traditional. If people are happy to be in interracial relationships, let them. I see no reason whatsoever to oppose it. Let people be with whoever makes them happy, eh?

RIOgreatescapist

Nov 9, 2009
Why the fuck not. I'm caucasian and I wouldn't mind dating a female from another race, although I am shallow enough to admit she would have to be smoking hot.

x EvilErmine x

Cake or death?!
Apr 5, 2010
No i have no problem with it. In fact i would like to ask someone who does have a problem with it why they believe that it is not OK?

Slightly off topic

Genetically speaking mixed race couples are slightly superior to same race couples. This is because the offspring of mixed race couples have a more diverse gene pool from which to draw upon. Isolation of populations leads to genetic stagnation and is bad for the species as a whole due to less variety in genes. Mixing of different races injects new alleles into the genetic mix during sexual recombination, this potentially very beneficial to the offspring of said mixed couple as one of the main things that gets a good shake up is the genes that control the immune system. A wider selection of genes from different populations increases the immune systems ability to detect and destroy invaders by giving it a wider range of past expereances to draw upon. Also the mix up of dominant and recessive genes from two populations can negate the propensity for developing a genetic diseases, such as Anemia.

Kinokohatake

Jul 11, 2010
I am married to a beautiful black woman. A beautiful black woman who won't get off New Vegas! But as a white man in an inter racial marriage, I have been at the end of anger about our marriage from both blacks and whites.

Pariah87

Jul 9, 2009
I'm obviously an ignorant, douchebag, fuckwit, racist for not having the same outward views as everyone else? Because everyone who sees things in a somewhat different light is obviously a BNP supporting, Klan hood wearing monster who deserves to be lynched?

I agree absolutely that racism is wrong but not everyone who is is evil, like myself and possibly Simulord, it's incredibly difficult to break certain conditioning when it happens during early/mid childhood. To be fair, I think most of us in my area, regardless of ethnicity, were brought up with an ethos of "stay with your own" because in middle school the black kids formed a little group, the indian kids formed a group, the pakistani kids formed a different group and so on. We mixed in class but outside no one from different ethnicities really hung around with each other.

Now? I have no problem with what other people wish to do, or who they wish to sleep with, yet it's not something I could do myself. Not because I don't find girls of other ethnicities attractive, but because the conditioning in still there and I know how my family would feel about it, I could never bring myself to.

And people I know wonder why I'm so conflicted and messed up and want to move to the otherside of the world.

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
Why would it bother me or anyone?

Besides, I have a thing for Asian girls. Of course I'm in full support of interracial relations.

-Samurai-

Oct 8, 2009
I'm not opposed to interracial relationships, but I wouldn't date outside my race. I've only seen a handful of girls that were not white that I found even slightly attractive.

ShadowsofHope

Outsider
Nov 1, 2009
Race has little to no negative impact on human relationships, besides the occasional language barrier.

I have never not been in support of interracial marriage. I actually have a fondness for Asian women myself.

quantumsoul

Jun 10, 2010
I support them fully. I like to date outside my race. Why limit myself to just white girls when there is a whole brown rainbow of lovely ladies.

The Hairminator

How about no?
Mar 17, 2009
I think Race mixing is wrong. Why would anyone with white superior genes want to degrade their offspring or even have intercourse with a filthy sub-human?
This thread is as stupid as my contribution to it.

Johnnyallstar

Feb 22, 2009
What kind of self respecting pastey white person would be in a relationship with say.... a gorgeous filipina? Me. Damn straight I am.

Of course, I am in an "interracial" relationship, so I actually disagree with the premise of "interracial", because we are the Human Race, which what really matters. Besides, aren't Irish, Polish, German, Dutch, Scandinavian, Italian, and Greek all different? What makes them okay to be together other than a general lack of melanin?

Besides, the only "race" that is provably a "lesser breed" is French... *rimshot*