Poll: Your opinion on interracial relationships?

thedeathscythe

Aug 6, 2010
I've been in them and I haven't, I don't really care either way. If we wanted to be technical, all my relationships have been interracial, since I'm french and german and have never dated another girl that is either of those. I am also canadian and all the girls have been canadian, but if we're talking racing (since many black guys from the states are born there, and if a white girl dates him, it's considered interracial, your country of birth doesn't seem to matter) the way most people do, then I have never dated anyone of my own "race".

I never really cared what race people are, even as a kid I never really segregated myself from anyone. I used to know some asians that would only hang out with asians, but for the most part, everyone, no matter what race, just was kinda cool about hanging out and even dating and stuff.

Booze Zombie

Dec 8, 2007
Stick your dick/take dick from whoever you want, why should colour, religion or whatever matter?
Unless of course you've met an alien who eats humans... might want to reconsider having sex with that.

badgersprite

[--SYSTEM ERROR--]
Sep 22, 2009
Well, I've been in several interracial relationships, so, that probably tells you my feelings about them are very positive. But, then, I don't think about people in terms of race, so I don't usually even notice or think about this sort of thing. Not until the question gets asked like this, I guess.

This topic is really a non-issue where I live. Except with people like my grandmother, but that ought to tell you why she and I didn't really associate before she fell ill.

Blunderman

Jun 24, 2009
This topic is exactly the same as gay rights, gay marriage, religion etc. People are allowed to think whatever they want but one person's opinions (because that's all they are, opinions) should never have any bearing on the freedom of someone else.

Myself, I find various races and languages more attractive than others, just like I generally prefer long hair over short hair.

just ban me

Sep 19, 2010
I am such a mix I got to be in favor of them plus I am partly hispanic and my fiance is white so there, I am all for them

Estarc

Sep 23, 2008
I don't care either way. I am not inclined to go around telling everyone they should shack up with partners of other ethnicities, but nor would I tell anyone not to do so.

JokerCrowe

Nov 12, 2009
Considering I'd like to be in an interracial relationship...

Plus, genetical diversity is really the best for humanity as a whole.
(less marrying one's cousines)

Korimyr the Rat

Oct 12, 2010
Race is primitive superstition and I'll have no part in it.

That said, people should strive to reproduce with people who are genetically dissimilar from themselves. It's better for their offspring and better for the species.

Angryman101

Aug 7, 2009
SimuLord said:
This is where subconscious racism rears its ugly head with me.

I was raised in a lily-white town (as in, we had one black-white mixed-race family and a few Chinese folks who mainly ran restaurants. According to the Census Bureau via Wikipedia:

"96.94% White, 0.45% Black or African American, 0.08% Native American, 1.43% Asian, 0.01% Pacific Islander, 0.20% from other races, and 0.90% from two or more races." (2000 census)

And my high school was a hotbed of racism thanks to forced busing (or "school integration", if you prefer.) I was a member of a hate group myself (I got better.)

When you've got that drilled into your head from childhood that interracial relationships are wrong or unnatural or a good excuse to vent some teenage-boy frustration and beat the shit out of a black kid without the principal giving two shits (and I'm from the Northeast!)...

Well, it's gonna lead to certain visceral reactions as an adult. And I just can't get past that drilled-in-childhood revulsion at the sight of an interracial couple (and indeed, it's black guy-white girl that triggers that response in me---if I see a black guy with an Asian or an Asian with a white or any other combination, it doesn't register as unusual with me.)

I'm sorry, I really am. I try very hard to move past that. But if any black people (I won't say "African-Americans" because I'm sure an African in the UK or a Jamaican or...you get the idea...reading this would take offense) want to hate me for that, I honestly don't blame you. And if you've any advice for becoming more accepting, I'm open to it.
As long as you don't try to prevent such relationships from occurring, then I don't thin kit's a problem. I feel the exact same way when I see two gay men displaying affection for each other; it just seems unnatural to me. But I know that it's none of my business what they do and I have no moral grounds on which to judge them, and I can't force them to adhere to what I perceive to be natural.
OP: As a person who has been dating almost exclusively out of my race, I'm fairly obviously in support of them. Genetically, there's more difference between people of the same ethnicity than between people of different ethnicities, surprisingly enough. So, the way I see it, we're all humans, and since halfy babies are fucking beautiful, they're something to be encouraged.

SinisterGehe

May 19, 2009
Ha! Now I get a change to say this...
Grhmm...

Whats the difference between man from north and man from south?

Honestly, Human, no matter what your bloodline or where he/she/it is from is still the same specie than any other of us. If they would be genetically a different species it could be proven, and then it would be wrong. But because we are all the same race why couldn't we date each other, open up the Gene-bank and make HUMAN RACE better.

Keepitclean

Sep 16, 2009
I live on an area with a high concentration of Asians and Subcontinentals. This has caused me not to care about interracial couples. If I opposed them I would get even less female attention than I already do.

I'm a white Australian btw.