Poll: Your weapon of choice for surviving the zombie apocalypse...

Flying-Emu

Oct 30, 2008
crudus said:
Flying-Emu said:
crudus said:
Yureina said:
Katana. Its what I'd do best with in the long run.
Amen. What is the point of killing zombies if they can't hurt you at a long range? It just brings unwanted attention to yourself.

Flying-Emu said:
You guys are all silly. Melee weapons and crossbows are the only way to survive the zombie apocalypse: Silent, accurate, and deadly.
A crossbow? Are you nuts? A crossbow will just pierce through their flesh without any real damage. Haven't you played D&D?
ACtually, yes, I've played DnD for the past seven years. Career Cleric, Eliras Dawnstrider. I fail to see how this is related at all, since zombies in DnD take normal damage from slashing and piercing and reduced from blunt. And a crossbow bolt is most definitely NOT a blunt weapon. Plus, it has remarkable accuracy up to 200 feet, and lighter crossbows can be reloaded fairly swiftly. Plus: headshots, man.
Zombies have <a href=http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Zombie>DR 5/slashing. Unless you make a crossbow shoot shurikens it is not going to be doing slashing damage(while you are at it make it shoot lightning. If you have room put some tits on it and light it on fire). Although this problem can be avoided once you light he bolts/arrows on fire.
... Piercing?

Newkenyanguy

Mar 28, 2010
I had close choice between the shotgun or explosives. but i guess shotgun would win as i would only bother engaing with zombies close to me, even that as a last resort chossing to run ( im a long distance runner and climb fairly well) but i would love some explosives. god i love C4 and mines in bfbc2

irequirefood

May 26, 2010
I would have bolt action rifle personally when choosing from the list. But we all know what the best gun for the job would be. The Portal gun.

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
Katana all the way, I need to see the look in their dead eyes when I shove it throught their..... sorry got carried away for a moment there!

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
Close Quarters, melee weapons. I just feel a lot more comfortable not having to rely on ammo (particularly here in Norway, where not every man and his dog has a handgun). Plus I like to have the ability to chop zombies up.

cahtush

Jul 7, 2010
at first thought cqc, but those are easy to find, most houses have a crowbar, axe and such. if i were to chose more than one wepon id chose
a katana
a silenced ak74 (i would use semi)
c4 straped to me that i can detonate if i were to be overwelmed

open trap

Feb 26, 2009
TheYellowCellPhone said:
You can never, ever go wrong with boomsticks.

Two words: Fuck. Ya.
Thats fake. I would go with a melee weapon so i dont always have to worry about ammo.

Life_Is_A_Mess

Sep 10, 2009
Nouw said:
I'd use a Chainsaw or Drill. Or Lawnmower. (Anyone know where I got that from?)
Plants vs Zombies ^^

I'd go with the fully auto mg, but switched to semi-automatic. Also, friends. Hurray for teamwork.

BrionJames

Jul 8, 2009
A cheap easy to use firearm has and always shall be the Shotgun. You can buy a Remington 870 express at wal-mart for about 230 dollars. It's capable of taking 2 1/2" to 3" shells (meaning you can use heavy buckshot and slug rounds). You don't have to have any training to use it and it's fairly easy to hit things. Also, (regardless of whatever games you may have played where you have to be five to ten feet away from someone to kill them with a shotgun) a standard pump action shotgun is good for about fifteen yards with shot and about 25 yards with rifled slugs. It holds up to 7-8 rounds and is quick firing and easy to reload especially if you get a shell bandolier or shotgun sleeve. So, do the smart thing and take the shotgun...ALWAYS!

p.s if you think i can't carry a machete on my hip for close encounters just because I'm running about with a shotgun, your fuckin crazy!

micky

Apr 27, 2009
i would go the Gordon freeman way, use a crowbar, i can open doors and crack skulls. the perfect multi tool!

aarontg

Aug 10, 2009
If I could have two I would choose a semi automatic carbine rifle and a mid size katana sword. Yes I read the guide for those who know.

Hawgh

Dec 24, 2007
Probably shotgun. I'm a horrible shot and I've got no training with any kind of melee weapon.

ADeskofRichMahogany

Jan 4, 2010
Shotgun. Unless zombies learn how to use projectiles as weapons, or else develop a projectile weapon of their own, they have to get up close to fight. And at such a range, a shotgun will blow a corpse into so many pieces that there is virtually no chance that what is left can continue to fight.

If I had a choice, I would also pick the AA-12.