Poll: Your weapon of choice for surviving the zombie apocalypse...

Liham

Apr 17, 2009
1 waepon is stupid.
I would wield...
double barrel shotgun and replace my right hand with a chainsaw.
Evil dead anyone?

harnzolo

May 24, 2009
The shotgun for me. The blast probably pushes them zombies off... Don't want any of them close to me...

himemiya1650

Jan 16, 2010
Close quarter weapons for me, that way I wouldn't have to worry about running out of bullets. Although I've always wondered why in a Zombie movie people just go to the 2nd floor of a building, and then remove all of the first floor stairs.

Pegghead

Aug 4, 2009
Well for a gun I'd choose a double barrelled shotgun, for a melee weapon I'd choose an easy grip cricket bat with a meat cleaver tied to one end.

theSovietConnection

Survivor, VDNKh Station
Jan 14, 2009
martin said:
theSovietConnection said:
I personally would go for a crossbow, but since that isn't an option, I'd go for a close-quarter combat weapon. This one to be precise.

That looks like it would bend on impact over a long period of time. It looks more like it's for prying or "Wrenching" than whacking.
But I've never seen it in real life.
It's a purpose built tool for demolition. Basically a combination of sledgehammer and crowbar, among other unpleasantries.

crudus

Oct 20, 2008
Flying-Emu said:
crudus said:
Yureina said:
Katana. Its what I'd do best with in the long run.
Amen. What is the point of killing zombies if they can't hurt you at a long range? It just brings unwanted attention to yourself.

Flying-Emu said:
You guys are all silly. Melee weapons and crossbows are the only way to survive the zombie apocalypse: Silent, accurate, and deadly.
A crossbow? Are you nuts? A crossbow will just pierce through their flesh without any real damage. Haven't you played D&D?
ACtually, yes, I've played DnD for the past seven years. Career Cleric, Eliras Dawnstrider. I fail to see how this is related at all, since zombies in DnD take normal damage from slashing and piercing and reduced from blunt. And a crossbow bolt is most definitely NOT a blunt weapon. Plus, it has remarkable accuracy up to 200 feet, and lighter crossbows can be reloaded fairly swiftly. Plus: headshots, man.
Zombies have <a href=http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Zombie>DR 5/slashing. Unless you make a crossbow shoot shurikens it is not going to be doing slashing damage(while you are at it make it shoot lightning. If you have room put some tits on it and light it on fire). Although this problem can be avoided once you light he bolts/arrows on fire.

peterwolfe

Aug 2, 2008
Was going to say shotgun, but then remembered that whenever I was surrounded in L4D I'd always switch to the dual handguns and come out smelling like roses...

Maybe I'll go with that arrangement. Shotgun normally, dual pistols as a fallback weapon.

aLivingPheonix

Feb 26, 2010
CQC weapon for a Machete, or Kali stick. It's what I'm best with, and have most conficdence with.

I see no semi-automatic carbine on this list. I'm dissapointed.

JWRosser

Jul 4, 2006
For sheer coolness I'd go for dual pistols and a sword, because that would make me look so goddamn awesome.

But...a shotgun would be more effective. Something like the Hydra from RE5. Yeah...because image is everything in a zombie apocalypse.

nuba km

Jun 7, 2010
brick flail
all you need is
chain/rope/belt
brick
attach so brick cant slide out if you look at the base of the brick the chain/rope/belt should make cross.
to you need another weapon for a zombie apocalypse.

SsilverR

Feb 26, 2009
since i've done martial arts my entire life and dual broadswords are actually my specialty ... i'll do with twin machetes .. if i need a gun i'll take it

GloatingSwine

Nov 10, 2007
An M2 Bradley IFV. 20mm Bushmaster cannon, coaxial 7.62 machinegun, both operable from inside the vehicle, 27 tonnes, so not going to be tipped by a horde, tracked so it can cover rough terrain well. NBC hardened, so reduces the risk of infection.

Seriously people, if you're going to be serious about surviving the Rising, do it properly.

Baldry

Feb 11, 2009
Dual pistol. Sure its quite "noob"ish but it is admittedly badass and if i'm going us against zombies I want badassness and handiness!

Anyway my essential zombie loadout would several throwing knifes, Katana, grenades, dual pistols and a good ol' shotgun!