Praise a game you hate!

Living Contradiction

Clearly obfusticated
Nov 8, 2009
totally heterosexual said:
...Resident evil code veronicas final boss made for great wank material...
Okay. I am now unnerved.

On-topic: The Madden series of games have proven that a game can truly be made for anyone. Even those who have more money than sense, who have more time than a room full of alarm clocks, and who possibly possess an inoperable brain injury.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
FF13: I liked Snow for the fact that he WASN'T a moody, brooding asshole. Though, Lightning and Hope filled the quota out nicely for the entirety of the time I spent playing & watching.

Fallout 3: For a buggy, mediocre shooter, it did have a great theme in the 1950s World of Tomorrow. Oh, and the one town with the two nutjobs acting like super-heros and villains.
If nothing else, F3 made me better appreciate the intricacies and effort that went into Bioshock.

AndrewF022

Jan 23, 2010
Final Fantasy VIII had pretty cutscenes for its time, and also the section toward the end before the final boss fight was pretty cool, everything else... not so much.

Final Fantasy XIII actually had a couple of lead characters (Sazh and Snow) that were not trying to come across as either A) Byronic or B) bat shit insane to the point of annoyance... so I didn't want to watch them die repeatedly in a horrible manner (like I did with the rest of them). Also, it was VERY pretty.

May sound like I hate Final Fantasy, but I actually really like a lot of them.

dcdude171

Oct 16, 2009
I know im gonna get a lot of hate for this but
I tried really really really hard to get into Legend of zelda , I played the original, ocarina of time, twlight princess, majoras mask , and skyward sword , I just can't get into it , and i don't know why ocarina is labeled the best game of all time by a lot of people anyways

I like the puzzle logic and the world itself , it just gets to repetitive for me ...

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
Two Worlds....

Ugh...um, I really don't know what to say about this game.

I know, it had retarded horses and dual wielding. That's all folks.

veloper

Jan 20, 2009
Aerosteam 1908 said:
Oh come on... I made this thread not too long ago...

blarg [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.370436-Praise-a-game-you-dont-like]
You and lots of people. Few things are ever original here..and each of these threads lack genuine hate and genuine praise.

The closest thing a sane gamer can come to hating a game, instead of mere apathy, is having a game that ruins(takes in a different direction) a series he or she previously liked.

Praise a game which ruined your favourite game series: "it has nice graphics/sound/music, wasted on such a turd".

DaBozz

May 27, 2009
God of war had a good grasp of greek myth....Nope nevermind.
Its Quick time events where....Nope.
Kratos was relatable...Still nope.
wow this is really hard, the Graphics in god of war 3 where good! there sorted. >.>

Lt._nefarious

Apr 11, 2012
Velvet Assassin had... um... a very nicely positioned camera angle that let you admire the main characters... er... curvy design and the... um... Morphine thing worked... well... The concept was imaginative and... Grgafrucibrrr! I can't do it!

makukeunahara

Apr 21, 2012
dark cloud 2 used cell shaded graphics really well and a large explorable universe with lots of stuff to do like make new inventions

jdogtwodolla

phbbhbbhpbhphbhpbttttt......
Feb 12, 2009
Dead space has a very good creepy (definitely not frightening) environment that isn't brown ALL the time.

malestrithe

Aug 18, 2008
Wet was a good mixture of Hong Kong action cinema tropes. It had heroic bloodshed moments mixed in with wire fu and sword fu style action. The problem is that it did not really work at all.

Rheinmetall

May 13, 2011
Lords of Shadow: pure crap?! I'm sure you can find for this game too some positive aspects, because it surely had many. Anyway.

My pick will be Final Fantasy 13. I hate it with passion, but it has Lightning in it, which is a very cool character, perhaps one of my most favourite FF characters. It's an irony that Lightning had to be in this game.

Rheinmetall

May 13, 2011
ironically_awesome said:
Velvet Assassin had... um... a very nicely positioned camera angle that let you admire the main characters... er... curvy design and the... um... Morphine thing worked... well... The concept was imaginative and... Grgafrucibrrr! I can't do it!
lol

Try harder man! It had a nice cover art....Ggggggg, ahhh! I can't do it.

Gralian

Me, I'm Counting
Sep 24, 2008
League of Legends is free to play.

Other than that, i can't comment. I haven't actually played the game. I've just heard that the community is akin to a pack of ravenous bloodhounds. Given the nature of competitive communities, i'd wager this to be near enough to the truth that i wouldn't touch it with a six foot barge pole.