Predictive Text Error Leads to Fatal Stabbing

zorrandur

Mar 8, 2010
obijino said:
Brotherofwill said:
obijino said:
Get this off the escapist, if i want to read this kinda crap i'll go buy The Sun!
Yeah man, these kind of "news" are a waste on this site.
I've visited this site every day for years, and this is the first thing i've ever felt the need to comment on.
Shame really =(
i agree this isn't the kind of news i want to read. so :p on you original poster!

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
Haha, lets blame the texts on the situation, not the two artards involved, HAHA.

cairocat

Oct 9, 2009
Elementlmage said:
Natdaprat said:
So this is in the escapist news because it involved technology? Oh okay.
Since when has the Escapist been tech exclusive? From all the things I have seen on this site, the staff seems to enjoy crazy social happenings(and posts just as frequently about) just as much as video games, tech, and nerd culture?
Oh, yeah! Man, don't you just love these crazy social happenings with violent armed manslaughter?

Veloxe

Oct 5, 2010
So apparently turning off predictive text has made my life slightly safer. Interesting...

Feb 9, 2011
I can hear it now...rallies and protests against texting. Texting causes violent behavior! Where is Fox News? We need a late breaking story report pronto.

Eri

The Light of Dawn
Feb 21, 2009
Natdaprat said:
MrFluffy-X said:
its an odd story but why am i reading it here?
Brotherofwill said:
obijino said:
Get this off the escapist, if i want to read this kinda crap i'll go buy The Sun!
If you don't care about the article, why did you comment? No one forced you to read it. If you didn't want to, read the headline and don't read further.

Gralian

Me, I'm Counting
Sep 24, 2008
The funny part about this unfortunate series of events is that even if Brook had just stabbed Witkowski the once, it would certainly not have been "an easy claim of self defence", because self defence is not allowed in the UK. If you harm your attacker, you're still very likely to be arrested and facing jailtime. They say "reasonable force" is acceptable, but that basically translates to "non-lethal force only". Anything that draws blood and can be used to kill will almost definitely not fall under this category, even if the stab wound was in a non-fatal part of the body, like in the hand or arm.

ENKC

May 3, 2010
I'm sure he's hoping the sentence will be amended. Too bad that didn't happen to the sentence in the text message.

USSR

Probably your average communist.
Oct 4, 2008
Formica Archonis said:
http://damnyouautocorrect.com/ (NSFW, kinda)
I love you.
I love you soo fucking much right now.
I have been bored ALL day.

This site, oh my god. lol.

Sam17

Apr 20, 2010
Brook claimed that Witkowski attacked him with a knife when he arrived, so he grabbed the knife taped to the door and stabbed him in the leg. That probably would have added up to an easy claim of self defense had it ended there
It wouldn't have ended there, self defence laws in the UK are not like the US, if you hypothetically beat someone up who comes into your house with a knife, you're a lot more likely to recieve a harsher sentence, even if you didn't use a weapon, if you draw even the smallest amount of blood, ie, you punch him in the nose and he gets a nosebleed, you'll probably be arrested and probably face jailtime

The only time you're truly allowed to defend yourself is if someone was to come into your bedroom

Pretty stupid I know, but our government believes they can stop gangs by banning certain colours...

murphy7801

Apr 12, 2009
adderseal said:
Jesus fuck that's stupid.
Especially as there is almost no difference between either word in terms of insult value. They are really mild words.
106 inuries, then he followed him up the stairs to finish him off? Fuck manslaughter, that's cold-blooded murder.
If your from that part of the uk quite large actually in regards to insult level just the escapist are not translating it very well. One is a friendly joke kinda like the other a insult to ones sanity but that area full of sub standard citizens who have low self eastem and get easily worked up.

Natdaprat

Sep 10, 2009
Eri said:
If you don't care about the article, why did you comment? No one forced you to read it. If you didn't want to, read the headline and don't read further.
Oh only because I enjoy reading news that appeals to me as a gamer and a nerd on this website, but when it's stuff like this I'm not as interested and want to voice my opinion on a forum. This type of news doesn't belong on this website. I'm allowed to say that. It's not the articles content I commented on, it's the fact it's on this website.

MrFluffy-X

Jun 24, 2009
Eri said:
Natdaprat said:
MrFluffy-X said:
its an odd story but why am i reading it here?
Brotherofwill said:
obijino said:
A common argument, but as I posted earlier it was a peculiar article therefore I read on plus it wouldn?t exactly take a day to read:| it seems out of place...our comments are just.

bushwhacker2k

Jan 27, 2009
Well, this is a disturbing case, but I can say one thing clearly.

TEXT MESSAGING IS AT FAULT, BAN IT, BAN IIIIIIIIIIIIIT! >:O