Predictive Text Error Leads to Fatal Stabbing

BlackWidower

Nov 16, 2009
Well apparently their relationship was already strained if a text message can lead to a stabbing. If that's not the case, then the original message appears to be apt.

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
It wouldn't be too surprising to find out that the argument between the two was rooted deeper than just a text message misunderstanding. On the other hand, there are a lot of places in the world where "disrespect" is enough to get you seriously messed up. We're obviously not talking about deep intellects or upstanding citizens here.

MagicMouse

Dec 31, 2009
Brian Hendershot said:
Yeah, yet another reason why I hate ducking predictive text.
Icwatudidthar

Well, that is pretty crazy. Who lets an argument escalate that much due the word "nutter"?!

Ohlookit'sMatty

Sep 11, 2008
Now you have to try and image what else they said to each other after the whole "nutter" incident for it to escalate into a stabbing?!

-M

Elementlmage

Aug 14, 2009
cairocat said:
Elementlmage said:
Natdaprat said:
So this is in the escapist news because it involved technology? Oh okay.
Since when has the Escapist been tech exclusive? From all the things I have seen on this site, the staff seems to enjoy crazy social happenings(and posts just as frequently about) just as much as video games, tech, and nerd culture?
Oh, yeah! Man, don't you just love these crazy social happenings with violent armed manslaughter?
Nothing we can do about it now. We might as well have a good laugh at the stupidity of the human race? Can't hurt?

Javelk

Nov 18, 2009
Well if you get that pissed about a text from someone you've only been hanging out with for 6 months, you are deranged.

Brian Hendershot

Mar 3, 2010
MagicMouse said:
Brian Hendershot said:
Icwatudidthar

Well, that is pretty crazy. Who lets an argument escalate that much due the word "nutter"?!
Well, I can think of at least two people that do.

Personally, I want to stab people 104 times when they start typing/texting like this: "U no wht i @ dat place 2 get dat $$$$."

Seriously it should be crime.

StBishop

Sep 22, 2009
adderseal said:
Jesus fuck that's stupid.
Especially as there is almost no difference between either word in terms of insult value. They are really mild words.
106 inuries, then he followed him up the stairs to finish him off? Fuck manslaughter, that's cold-blooded murder.
Ah but it's not.
Murder (at least in Australia) requires "Malice aforethought".

This case seems like it was a reaction to being attacked.

Self defence requires something to the effect of "Equal or equitable force", where this sounds like undue force, leading to death.
Which is manslaughter. (Mans-Laughter... Wow someone made a pretty big mistake with that word, I always find it weird).

Sep 14, 2009
this is exactly why i refuse to use that t9 bullshit, ABC all the way!

also

if you live in the U.K., no more giving me shit about living in the U.S., we have stupid shit happen but THIS is pretty damn ridiculous.

darkknight9

Feb 21, 2010
This kind of thing wouldn't happen if there were stricter laws in the UK regarding 'knife control'.

(snicker!)

Seriously. Someone in this equation was a titch irrational.

Swifteye

Apr 15, 2010
Hey! I thought stupid things like this only happen in America. My whole world is upside down now.

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
104 wounds? Okay I don't care if the other guy attacked with a knife first. That is murder, not manslaughter. Then again, maybe it's different in the UK than it is in the US.

Although I wonder why the guy tried to escape further into the house of the man who just stabbed in rather than say, outside of the house. "This dude just stabbed me! I have to get out of here! I know, I'll hide in his bathroom, he'll never find me there!"

Both of those guys are nutters.

Brian Hendershot said:
I see what you did there, and I love it.

Brian Hendershot

Mar 3, 2010
mjc0961 said:
104 wounds? Okay I don't care if the other guy attacked with a knife first. That is murder, not manslaughter. Then again, maybe it's different in the UK than it is in the US.

Although I wonder why the guy tried to escape further into the house of the man who just stabbed in rather than say, outside of the house. "This dude just stabbed me! I have to get out of here! I know, I'll hide in his bathroom, he'll never find me there!"

Both of those guys are nutters.

Brian Hendershot said:
I see what you did there, and I love it.
Thank you, I am surprised no one else has done it...

I am normally so late to the creative jokes on the forum party.