Prisoner Uses Metal Gear's Cardboard Box to Escape

GamerLuck

Questionably Opinionated
Jul 13, 2009
For a man who has been waiting so long for trial, i think he finally lost faith in the justice system... and got the f*** out of dodge in a very awesome way.

Though I shudder to think what will happen if Fox News gets ahold of this story...

Wandrecanada

Oct 3, 2008
Why is everyone applauding a man suspected of the double homicide of two early 30s women by strangulation. It's terrible that he's escaped although it's even more terrible that he's been awaiting trial since 2004. There's even an odd mystery to the case in that there is DNA that they have not identified present on the tape used to gag the women.

If he was innocent and his cryptic response to being arrested of "He bumped her off," refers to the actual killer, this stupid escape will make him guilty of a crime anyways.

It's actually pretty bad news all around especially the high security prison, who was foiled by a man in a box (albeit a man with amazing woodcraft skills).

Zersy

Nov 11, 2008
Okay it's offical this guy is just awesome ! just make him pay a fine he has deserved his freedom.

(Still thinking "Damn")

Deleted

Jul 25, 2009
CantFaketheFunk said:
The prison break has caused embarrassment in French officials, who have been unable to explain how a simple cardboard box could fool guards who have been fitted with the latest nanomachines and given genetic therapy that renders them superhuman (with the drawback that they can only see twenty or so feet in front of them).
Hahaha I busted my gut reading that!

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
You know what the worst part is? In addition to being on trial for 2 murders he is now being sued by Hideo Kojima.

ChromeAlchemist

Aug 21, 2008
Okay, this is just one of those things you just have to wonder how it even happened, but awesome nonetheless.

And I knew at least 2 people would do the codec joke, you owe me twenty queen heads Fat Man Spoon!

fletch_talon

Nov 6, 2008
That's nothing, how about the Italian who escaped prison through the plumbing system.

And I heard this story about a pharmaceutical company that tested on animals. The female scientists kept finding they had lost various coloured precious stones from their jewelery. Next thing they know a flying golden glowing hedgehog was busting out all the cute little critters.

With a brief stop at the cafeteria for some chilli dawgs.

IrrelevantTangent

Oct 4, 2008
ThePeiceOfEden said:
EPIC!

maybe he'll pop out of it in the next SSB
A CHALLENGER HAS APPEARED!

*Jean-Pierre Treiber appears out of the shadows, emaciated and wielding a switchblade, shouting the French national anthem as he decapitates Princess Peach*

But seriously, this is the most ingenious and epic prison escape I've heard of in some time. The guy probably deserves a medal. I don't think the prison guards are to blame, though. Either Treiber is Solid Snake reincarnated, meaning the poor guys never had a chance, or he just used a technique the prison guards aren't trained to look for in particular, meaning Treiber just got very lucky.

[Cold-Shoulder]

Jun 5, 2009
I have to admit that this is awesome! :D
He is truly the master of disguise.
Littaly said:
Treiber? Treiber?! Treibeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer!
God bless you sir for the brilliance of that sentence! :D

somekindarobot

Jul 29, 2009
Five years awaiting conviction? I guess the French constitution doesn't have the right to a speedy trial like ours does. I guess all the lawyers were on vacation. They must have figured he wasn't going anywhere. Ha!

(My sincerest apologies to the French. Hey, at least I didn't make any tired 'surrender' jokes, eh?)

CloudKiller

Rather Irritated Mage
Jun 30, 2008
If there'd been more french guys like this one around 60 or so years ago, maybe the country would be the butt of every war joke the way it is now.

Hell just one of them would be able to get deep into Nazi territory and take out the Nazi leaders before the war got out of hand.

KazNecro

Jun 1, 2009
Jarrid said:
Monshroud said:
Well you may not find him if he remembers to put on his special camo clothes and make-up.
Yeah, but he'll have keep changing camo clothes and makeup every couple of minutes. He'll probably wear himself out if he doesn't have an inventory menu.
Even if he's discovered, he still has his infinite ammo bandana as a last resort. Actually I take that back. His army of hidden monkeys would be his last resort.

Ghost8585

Jul 21, 2009
THAT. WAS...AWESOME! Well done French Dude! Not the murdering part but the escape part obviously. Seeing that picture brings back memories though. Surprisingly, the cardboard box worked about %50 of the time in MGO.