Prisoner Uses Metal Gear's Cardboard Box to Escape

Crimsane

Apr 11, 2009
KnowYourOnion said:
Ahhhhh my apologies, my understanding of the U.S legal system is shaky at best :)
but still keeping someone alive that long when they know they're destined for death could be considered slightly cruel......though some of sadist bastards deserve it.
It's usually their fault, as said above. Appeals process ties it up in court system for a long time. Can't really blame them for not wanting to die though.

AbsoluteVirtue18

Jan 14, 2009
bodyklok said:
Griever18 said:
This just in: Solid Snake is French.
Well not really, he was probably born in America, his father, Solid Snake, aka Big Boss, was also American, his surrogate mother, Eve, was Russian or something like that, and the women whose eggs were used as a recipient for BBs sperm was Japanese; she was also the assistant to the doctor who oversaw the cloning project, that's how he got her to do it, he said he's fire her if she didn't.

The only French thing about Solids birth was the name of the project: les enfants de la terre, or something like that, but the only reason it has a French name is because Hideo Kojima has no sense of continuity.
I know that. I was referring to this Jean-Pierre Treiber guy.

And the project's name was "Les Enfants Terribles" and it's named after a book.

Et3rnalLegend64

Jan 9, 2009
If he turns out to be innocent, let's recruit him as our real life Snake. Actually, probably not. Too good a spy. Power balance tips way into the favor of whoever gets him.

Marbles

Sep 10, 2009
somekindarobot said:
Five years awaiting conviction? I guess the French constitution doesn't have the right to a speedy trial like ours does. I guess all the lawyers were on vacation. They must have figured he wasn't going anywhere. Ha!
It actually has to do with a difference between the French and the American judicial system.

There are two main types of Judicial systems, the Adversarial System, and the Inquisitorial system. American uses the Adversarial system, and France uses the Inquisitorial system.

To put it in the simplest way possible, under the Inquisitorial system, the case is investigated, and evidence examined, and all that good stuff before the trial begins. The case doesn't go to trial until the judge is convinced that the accused is guilty. Basically, trials in France are roughly equivalent to the "Closing Arguments" and the "Sentencing" phase of the system that you know. If a case goes to trial in France, a conviction is almost guaranteed. Trials in France are EXTREMELY swift, and usually don't last more than an hour or so.

So to put it in perspective, it's closer to under the American system, a court case when has been dragged out for many years, as an example, the OJ Simpson trial, which lasted over 3 years.

Ph33nix

Jul 13, 2009
LMFAO when i heard this story. seriously they didn't check the boxes for content? Or the Fact that it was an unscheduled package thats an epic fail

Spitfire175

Jul 1, 2009
JaredXE said:
I want to make a joke about the French....but, I could see this happening in America too.

And seriously, that man deserves some kind of award or something. Something to immortalize him for years.
How about a huge bronze of the box he escaped in, right in the middle of Paris?

MasterSqueak

May 10, 2009
CantFaketheFunk said:
Whether guilty or innocent, The Escapist would like to suggest that if/when the French authorities recapture Trebier, they consider an alternative beyond incarceration and train him as a supersoldier to destroy nuclear-equipped walking battle tanks and to pontificate on the nature of war.
If they do that, I will never mock them again.

Hell, I'd FUND the program!

ZehGeek

[-Militaires Sans Frontieres-]
Aug 12, 2009
That is some pretty epic stuff. Like EPIC. I'm still laughing my ass off. I salute you man *salute* xD

WhiteTiger225

Aug 6, 2009
Here's how it actually went!

Armed Guard: What's this cardboard box doing?
Criminal: I'm in a box!
Armed Guard: !
Fellow Armed Guard: Michael, I have seen your excalamtion mark, what eez eet?
Armed Guard: Zis box, eet eez, how you say? Talking!
Fellow Armed Guard: Well thyen Michael, you have ze gun, you know what you need to do with eet given ze, circumstance.
Armed Guard: *Drops gun* I surrender!

CoverYourHead

High Priest of C'Thulhu
Dec 7, 2008
Seriously, this guy rules. I don't care if he killed anyone, he deserves freedom. He is my new god.

paragon1

Dec 8, 2008
I'm not sure whether I should laugh or cry. Ah, who am I kidding? THIS SHIT IS HILARIOUS. Lol*infinity

Baldry

Feb 11, 2009
Daaaammmmnnn i'd rather like to go to prison to try out MGS tactics to escape =)

Valiance

Jan 14, 2009
ssgt splatter said:
Oh dear. Well, I guess when you're in prison, you have a lot of time to figure out how this could actually work.
^

"Every two weeks, they ship these boxes out of the prison...The guards are away from the warehouse between 11:30 and 12, on their lunch breaks...If I save the pieces of my food tray, I can create my own cardboard box and.."

etc.

I'm impressed. I'd like to know how he did it, really.