Prisoner Uses Metal Gear's Cardboard Box to Escape

Lord Beautiful

Aug 13, 2008
Fascinating. This means that the next time I play Metal Gear with Snake in a box and someone tells me such a disguise would never work, I'd pull up this article and tell them to shut the hell up.

Mechanical Cat Fish

May 16, 2009
A lot of people are praising this guy, and I agree that escaping disguised as a box is pretty impressive but... he's suspected of two murders. Someone said 'let him go'... I mean, isn't that completely insane and a mockery of the French justice system and perhaps all justice systems? Still pretty impressive, but luck to those trying to catch him.

Zenn3k

Feb 2, 2009
Treiber? TREIBER?! TREEEEEIIIIIBBEEEEERRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!

Edit: I realize I wasn't the first to do this...thats what I get for not reading the other posts...

bodyklok

Feb 17, 2008
CantFaketheFunk said:
The prison break has caused embarrassment in French officials, who have been unable to explain how a simple cardboard box could fool guards who have been fitted with the latest nanomachines and given genetic therapy that renders them superhuman (with the drawback that they can only see twenty or so feet in front of them).
Don't forget the holographic exclamation mark generators build into their foreheads.

What was that noise?
[HEADING=1]![/HEADING]

bodyklok

Feb 17, 2008
Griever18 said:
This just in: Solid Snake is French.
Well not really, he was probably born in America, his father, Solid Snake, aka Big Boss, was also American, his surrogate mother, Eve, was Russian or something like that, and the women whose eggs were used as a recipient for BBs sperm was Japanese; she was also the assistant to the doctor who oversaw the cloning project, that's how he got her to do it, he said he's fire her if she didn't.

The only French thing about Solids birth was the name of the project: les enfants de la terre, or something like that, but the only reason it has a French name is because Hideo Kojima has no sense of continuity.

CuddlyCombine

Sep 12, 2007
Mechanical Cat Fish said:
A lot of people are praising this guy, and I agree that escaping disguised as a box is pretty impressive but... he's suspected of two murders. Someone said 'let him go'... I mean, isn't that completely insane and a mockery of the French justice system and perhaps all justice systems? Still pretty impressive, but luck to those trying to catch him.
What? This is an internet game forum! We know no solemnity here!

Just kidding, I agree. Amazing escape or not, he's still a suspected murderer. I suspect that the French are going to scoop him up as quickly as possible, given that this is probably their most embarrassing defeat in a long time.

KnowYourOnion

Jul 6, 2009
somekindarobot said:
Five years awaiting conviction? I guess the French constitution doesn't have the right to a speedy trial like ours does.
What about all those fellas on death row? 10 years waiting to be found guilty, wouldn't really call that a speedy trial.

but on topic pure win by the escapee :)

Crimsane

Apr 11, 2009
KnowYourOnion said:
What about all those fellas on death row? 10 years waiting to be found guilty, wouldn't really call that a speedy trial.
...What? They've already been found guilty if they're on death row. They're waiting for death sentence to be executed, which is not guaranteed to be speedy.

MmmFiber

Apr 19, 2009
Crimsane said:
KnowYourOnion said:
...What? They've already been found guilty if they're on death row. They're waiting for death sentence to be executed, which is not guaranteed to be speedy.
Most of the time the death sentence takes so long because of the appeals process. Lawyers file lots of appeals after someone is given the death penalty. Plus, it might let other evidence flesh out that could overturn the verdict.

KnowYourOnion

Jul 6, 2009
Crimsane said:
KnowYourOnion said:

Ahhhhh my apologies, my understanding of the U.S legal system is shaky at best :)
but still keeping someone alive that long when they know they're destined for death could be considered slightly cruel......though some of sadist bastards deserve it.