Project Eternity Breaks $3 million

DoPo

"You're not cleared for that."
Jan 30, 2012
hazabaza1 said:
I went downstairs to make some porridge. When I came back up they made another 7 grand.
They made about 2K in the past minute, so, yes, I'd say 7 grand is a possible amount for a porridge making time.

Smeggs

Oct 21, 2008
Damn, only two days after this was posted and they're already nearly at $4million.

Edit: At the time of this edit, they are at $3,919,976, with 38 minutes left.

do you guys think they'll hit 4mil before the end of this half-hour?

DoPo

Jan 30, 2012
Smeggs said:

They already have 4 million. There is more than 100K from PayPal (they had 125$ from about 5-6 hours ago).

EDIT: Word from 24 minutes ago is that they have around 137K on PayPal

GiantRaven

Dec 5, 2010
Smeggs said:
If the pace stays the same as the past 10 or so minutes, it'll fall about $30-40,000 short of the 4 million mark by my reckoning. It's already past that factoring in paypal though, so the last stretch goal should already be achieved.

P.Tsunami

Feb 21, 2010
GiantRaven said:
If the pace stays the same as the past 10 or so minutes, it'll fall about $30-40,000 short of the 4 million mark by my reckoning. It's already past that factoring in paypal though, so the last stretch goal should already be achieved.
That sounds about right. With the pace it's had, I was guessing about 50k short. I'm not sure if Chris Avellone will be forced to play Arcanum if the Kickstarter alone doesn't reach four million, though. Personally, I'm astounded at just what a success this crowdfunding effort has been. Of course, as a long time fan of Black Isle's RPG tradition, I could not possibly throw my money at Obsidian any faster.

CAPTCHA: done that

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Smeggs said:
Damn, only two days after this was posted and they're already nearly at $4million.

Well, they have another 100,000 from paypal...so yeah. :)

viranimus

Thread killer
Nov 20, 2009
Wow.. Im surprised. I was considering this when I first saw it. However, My problem was that the first "donate enough to get a copy" tier was 20$ and it indicated it was redeemable by Steam. Given Steam wrongly demands to forfeit legal rights, this would be completely illogical. So I thought, Hey I might consider, if they were to break the tier to allow for Linux Support. However I simply didnt think this was going to muster quite that much support. So I stopped following it. Now that it has, I find myself just broke enough for the month I cant afford to donate now.

Oh well, my fault. But, its good to see that much support for it. Wont hurt to get it once its finally released at full price.

Just wish they would get a tie in with GoG given how disgusting and vile steam is.

GiantRaven

Dec 5, 2010
viranimus said:
Just wish they would get a tie in with GoG given how disgusting and vile steam is.
Unless I'm inventing memories, it's definitely going to be released on GoG and you have the choice of whether you want it on GoG or Steam.

Sight Unseen

The North Remembers
Nov 18, 2009
viranimus said:
Wow.. Im surprised. I was considering this when I first saw it. However, My problem was that the first "donate enough to get a copy" tier was 20$ and it indicated it was redeemable by Steam. Given Steam wrongly demands to forfeit legal rights, this would be completely illogical. So I thought, Hey I might consider, if they were to break the tier to allow for Linux Support. However I simply didnt think this was going to muster quite that much support. So I stopped following it. Now that it has, I find myself just broke enough for the month I cant afford to donate now.

Oh well, my fault. But, its good to see that much support for it. Wont hurt to get it once its finally released at full price.

They already have... Since like day 5. When the project finishes they'll ask if you want a GoG key or a steam key for the downloadable copies.

viranimus

Thread killer
Nov 20, 2009
Aye. I do admit ignorance in that respect. I stopped looking at it after the second day of considering it, SO I was not aware GoG was an option. But thank you both for the confirmation and reasurance. Quite good to hear and now I am fully looking forward to 2014 or when ever it is released.

Sight Unseen

The North Remembers
Nov 18, 2009
viranimus said:
Aye. I do admit ignorance in that respect. I stopped looking at it after the second day of considering it, SO I was not aware GoG was an option. But thank you both for the confirmation and reasurance. Quite good to hear and now I am fully looking forward to 2014 or when ever it is released.
Tentative date is April 2014, but they said they don't want to release it on a strict schedule and instead will release it when they feel it's ready. So we'll see when it comes out. 15 Level mega dungeons, strongholds and 2 big cities don't get built in a day, unfortunately.

OT: 11 mins left and $3,949,000. Go Obsidian!

DoPo

Jan 30, 2012
viranimus said:
GOG said:

Obsidian said:

GOG said:

Obsidian said:

Yes, it actually happened. Over Twitter - a month ago.

DoPo

Jan 30, 2012
It is done! Final figure (on KS):
$3,986,929

With PayPal they are over 4.1 mil and PayPal is open for another few days.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
DoPo said:
viranimus said:
GOG said:

Obsidian said:

GOG said:

Obsidian said:

I just died of happy.

OT: Just under $4,000,000, plus the PayPal account. This is... spectacular. I cannot WAIT for this to come out.

The Endless Paths hit 13 levels... something about that just sounds so perfect.

Sight Unseen

The North Remembers
Nov 18, 2009
lacktheknack said:
DoPo said:
viranimus said:
GOG said:

Obsidian said:

GOG said:

Obsidian said:

I just died of happy.

OT: Just under $4,000,000, plus the PayPal account. This is... spectacular. I cannot WAIT for this to come out.
Your avatar is.... creepily appropriate lol.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
lotr rocks 0 said:
lacktheknack said:
DoPo said:
viranimus said:
GOG said:

Obsidian said:

GOG said:

Obsidian said:

I just died of happy.

Your avatar is.... creepily appropriate lol.
OMG PROJECT ETERNITY HIT THE FUNDS CEILING

IT LOOKS SO GOOD

EEHHHHHHHHHHH

EEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

EEEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Now, every time I see my avatar, I'm going to imagine them screaming in joy. Thanks.

DoPo

Jan 30, 2012
Mimsofthedawg said:
DoPo said:
It is done! Final figure (on KS):
$3,986,929

With PayPal they are over 4.1 mil and PayPal is open for another few days.
OH THANK GOD! I was so worried they wouldn't break the 4 mil mark... this is just... just... AWESOME!
Yup, I think now the title of the thread can be changed :p

lacktheknack said:
Now, every time I see my avatar, I'm going to imagine them screaming in joy. Thanks.
How about this?

=D

Podunk

Dec 18, 2008
This would be more impressive if the Homestuck Kickstarter didn't raise 2.5 million on a name and absolutely nothing else.

SajuukKhar

Sep 26, 2010
Podunk said:
This would be more impressive if the Homestuck Kickstarter didn't raise 2.5 million on a name and absolutely nothing else.
Kickstarter only shows how easily people can tricked into giving others money, despite said other's total lack of any real product, or past history.

Well at least it serves some purpose, it gets people to spend money, instead of hording it and further destroying the value of money, and it gives me another means to reaffirm my belief that humanity is screwed.