Psychonauts 2 is happening. Because Notch.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
Damn, I still have to play the original Psychonauts...
Where the hell is my gamer cred..I'll just play Grim Fandango again in penance.

Still, even if this is just a rumor, it's a cool "What if" situation.

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
Jesse Billingsley said:
Fijiman said:
zombieshark6666 said:
If they want me to care, they might want to put Psycho 1 on XBLA, y'know.
Jesse Billingsley said:
Never played psychonauts, but I heard it was fantastic. May have to download it from the XBLA along with Beyond Good and Evil if I get the chance to
I believe they had it on there, but when they updated everything on the dashboard Psychonauts (for some retarded reason)was one of the many games that was removed from the game marketplace. I've wanted to get a copy of the game for a while but I didn't think to check the marketplace until it was too late and every time I've checked the local Gamestops I either just miss the last copy in town by a day or find out that the nearest known copy would require me to go way out of my way to get.
I'll look into it whenever I go back home. Were they also putting it on steam?
I believe it is on Steam, but I don't have a computer that could really be used for gaming so I'm not completely sure.

OldNewNewOld

Mar 2, 2011
TheKasp said:
If this assface will use his money to actually do something good like supporting a person who knows how to make a game on his own without stealing ideas... I would actually stop calling him assface :D
Because the thousands and thousands of dollars that he invested in different indie title, supported many developer don't count?
Almost any indie developer with some done work that asked Notch for help got some financial help. Just follow the indie scene and you will so much notch spends on financing the indie scene.

Also, Minecraft isn't a stolen idea. Learn the difference between "being inspired" and stealing. Minecraft and Infiniminer don't look a like even a bit. Any version of Minecraft (beside the earliest Cave game version) looks and is better than Infiniminer. Infiniminer was more of a FPS with mining elements, while Minecraft is a big sandbox, adventure (and survival horror after the AI improvement) game.

Reggie Rock

Jan 12, 2012
I still hate you Notch.

On the subject, i have no hope for this. Psychonauts 2 cannot live up to psychonauts 1, a game that thrives on nostalgia and being unsoiled by a lesser sequel. This can't be good.

Aurora Firestorm

May 1, 2008
I have never seen so many people hating on Notch. What does everyone have against him? He made a great game, attends to it regularly, and seems to be a reasonable specimen of humanity.

Reggie Rock

Jan 12, 2012
BloodWriter said:
The Red Goblin said:
I still hate you Notch.

On the subject, i have no hope for this. Psychonauts 2 cannot live up to psychonauts 1, a game that thrives on nostalgia and being unsoiled by a lesser sequel. This can't be good.
How can you say that a game thrives on nostalgia when new people are picking it up just now and loving it? Hell, I only bought it last year when I found it at a flea market for 2 euros and loved every minute of it.
Because i didn't like psychonauts. My point was that a psychonauts 2 will always be compared to psychonauts 1 and that means people will not find it as good due to the nostalgia boost.

Aurora Firestorm said:
I have never seen so many people hating on Notch. What does everyone have against him? He made a great game, attends to it regularly, and seems to be a reasonable specimen of humanity.
Except Jeb does that now. I never liked minecraft much either, i don't see it as deserving half of the praise it gets. I played it for 5 hours and couldn't find anything to do after building my things that looked like things.
Also Notch is a Steve Jobs. Wait until someone else does something really good and just make it look better, then you make the money.

Reggie Rock

Jan 12, 2012
BloodWriter said:
The Red Goblin said:
BloodWriter said:
The Red Goblin said:
I still hate you Notch.

How can you say that a game thrives on nostalgia when new people are picking it up just now and loving it? Hell, I only bought it last year when I found it at a flea market for 2 euros and loved every minute of it.
Because i didn't like psychonauts. My point was that a psychonauts 2 will always be compared to psychonauts 1 and that means people will not find it as good due to the nostalgia boost.
Hahaha, impeccable logic!

"Durr, me no like gaem sou poeple, even those who've never even played the first game, will not find it as good as the first one - and I know, trust me, because the game isn't even in development yet!"

You can say that you didn't like it, but these other things you're saying don't come off too smart.
Whoever hasn't played the first psychonauts has according to a lot of people committed something worse than sin. And what is the rest of this gobbledygook?

Just like portal 2, no matter how good it is it will not have the advantage psychonauts 1 had. It was something different that was fresh and unlike anything else. The 2nd wont have those things due to its sequel status. It will always have to be compared to the first.

Im not saying it's going to be bad or good. I'msimply stating that it'll have to be REALLY good to be just good.

Zantos

Jan 5, 2011
As I said on my facebook profile:

Oi! Notch! Schafer! Stop discussing and just take all of my damn money!

It's a really cool idea, I didn't play Psychonauts until a while after it came out, but I really enjoyed it and wished there was more. It'd be awesome if this happened.

CAPTCHA

Mushroom Camper
Sep 30, 2009
Roobarb said:
Why all the hate for Notch? ...Jealousy perhaps...
I believe it's called Tall Poppy Syndrome.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tall_poppy

OT: I'm not really that excited since Psychonauts didn't blow me away. It had some memorable moments, but it seemed a little scattershot. I'm guess I'm not really a fan of Schafer's work, though I'll readily admit it has a charm to it.