Punch-Out!! Boxer Accused of Uttering Islamic Phrase

Anton P. Nym

Sep 18, 2007
All I can say, is, "Fookin' conservative yank peasants and their fookin' racist terrors." Yes, the big bad Muslims are hiding under your beds and will eat your babies unless you say your prayers and salute the flag. Jeeze, it's back to the 16th century for these guys, isn't it? Next they'll be bleeding the bad humours out of each other, and be covered by their HMOs for doing so.

Sometimes I think these folks are going out of their way to prove bin Ladin right.

-- Steve

HobbesMkii

Hold Me Closer Tony Danza
Jun 7, 2008
Wow, he seriously fucked this one up. The proper phonetic translation of the takbir is "Allāhu akbar." There's a very distinct difference in pronunciation between "Allāhu" and "Allah". I certainly didn't hear the "u" syllable after "-ah," although I doubtfully would've heard anything more than gibberish w/o his guidance. Secondly, the takbir has multiple (and widespread) uses in Islamic culture, and might be considered roughly equivalent to the Christian "Hallelujah." We don't get jumpy when somebody yells "Hallelujah" in the streets, but it's roughly equivalent to the takbir. Now, here's my favorite part, because it shows what an utter moron this guy is. Just moments into discussing the origins of the phrase, he mentions how Turkish people speak Turkish and acknowledges that it may counter his claim. But it really doesn't. Firstly, Arabic is the holy language of Islam, so even Turkish Muslims speak it. Secondly, whatever insidious force is at work, inserting these "horrible" messages of Islam (like praising god is the end of the world) into child's playthings, could easily have just ignored the Turkish origin of their character and inserted the phrase.

The coup de grace in this video was his first showing 9/11 footage and then invoking the feelings of the families of the victims of the 9/11 attacks. Because it showed what a douchebag this guy really is.

Fronken

May 10, 2008
Wont someone please think of the children!?

No but seriously, i hope this guy chokes himself with the american flag, that way the world would be a much better...and less racist place.

Desaari

Feb 24, 2009
It disgusts me that some people seem to think Islam and Terrorism are one and the same. It's even worse than the whole Communism being evil and equating to Totalitarianism and Fascism that you hear right wing extremists saying in the US.

Armored Prayer

Mar 10, 2009
OK, being the only Turkish member here on the escapist, I must point out some things.

1: Turks don't say "Allah Akbar." Hell, most middle easterners don't say that. Its just some term that is sometimes used by Muslim terrorist.

2: Turks are not the terrorist, we didn't commit 9/11. Were actually fighting terrorist too (remember Turkey invading Iraq.)

3: Turks don't hate the US, Turks love American culture. Dont start saying things that might offend my background.

Zerbye

Aug 1, 2008
Also in the news, a Cheeto was found in the form of Jesus Christ.

This is not news. This is sensationalism to stir up the community of gamers, who are notoriously defensive to the slightest provocation regarding their favorite hobby. In other words, this is the perfect forum post.

headshotcatcher

Feb 27, 2009
If anything it's Ahh AAH, agh bwuh. not Allah Akbar. Besides you really dont pronounce allah akbar like that..

Beltaine

Oct 27, 2008
To you, Mr. Videogame lover, I had a jillion ebay feedbacks so I'm a good guy blah blah blah:

It's just random guttural grunty noise that anyone exerting any sort of physical force would be likely to make.

Even if Bald Bull IS saying "Allah Ackbar" (which he clearly is not), WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE?

Please keep your politics away from my video games.

Note: I also find it funny that the ESRB label he put up in the video was the "Your Mom" joke version.

Namulith

May 27, 2009
So Bald Bull is a terrorist. So what? You're beating the crap out of him right? If its reall that big of a deal, don't play the game, simple as that.

Feb 13, 2008
Let's say he's right.

So, obviously then, saying "God is great" in American/English wouldn't be allowed in any Islamic countries then.

And why stop there? "Oh God", "Gor blimey", "Christmas", all these terrible phrases should be banned.

One thing though. Has anyone ever heard a terrorist say "Allah Akbar" anywhere before?

I can't say I have, mainly because "Allahu Akbar" is the prayer. And I really doubt if anyone heard that on 9/11.

Chipperz

Apr 27, 2009
This guy is a giant douche. I checked some of his other videos and yes, it's people like this that tarnish most Americans for the rest of the world - don't worry, many people know the difference between religious fanatics and the rest of a country :)

Madshaw

Jun 18, 2008
Would he say the same thing to a turkish immam who was preaching an islamic sermon (i don't know if islam has sermons, im simply assuming) in an american mosque?