Punch-Out!! Boxer Accused of Uttering Islamic Phrase

Rednog

Nov 3, 2008
First our children (specifically little girls) and now our gamers...nice recruitment strategy there guys....

tijuanatim

Sep 24, 2008
People like this are exactly why I have disassociated myself with the general public. When is this hypersensitivity end? Can it be soon? Please?

The_root_of_all_evil said:
One thing though. Has anyone ever heard a terrorist say "Allah Akbar" anywhere before?
Uhhh....Team America World Police? And that (like most Americans) is where I get all my facts about Islam.

teh_gunslinger

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. did it better.
Dec 6, 2007
RAKtheUndead said:
If I recall correctly, Turkey, despite its Muslim population, has a reputation for having a secular government. Hmmm. I wonder if this commentator is aware of that.
I seem to recall that the current ruling party, AKP or something like it, is rather religious, but the constitution limits what they can do about it. As far as I know that's pretty secular. Also I think the army is pretty much the safeguard in place to prevent subversion of the constitution.
Though I may be mistaken and I'd like the Turkish guy from up thread to correct me if I am.

And I kinda doubt that Joe Patriot Gamer or what his name is knows that.

wwjdftw

Mar 27, 2009
The Great JT said:
UGH.

Look, just because these terrorists are perverting a saying that literally translates into "God is great" does NOT mean everyone who utters the phrase is a terrorist. I mean, if I was to run around and say "Jesus was incredible" in a church or "Abraham was amazing" in a synogouge (however it's spelled, sorry) would you think I was a terrorist? No. But if I say something to the same effect in Islam, that means you're a terrorist?

IT MEANS "GOD IS GREAT," NOT "BLOW UP THE WORLD TRADE TOWERS." GET OVER IT YOU LITTLE BITCHES.
10xthis

Ima Lemming

Jan 16, 2009
It sounds to me like he's just growling or mumbling. And if he was saying "Allah Akbar!" you'd think he'd do just before releasing some super attack.

timmytom1

Feb 26, 2009
MaxTheReaper said:
KDR_11k said:
Oh blah blah blah post 9/11 world blah. There are games that feature NAZIS.
Fucking seriously.
"murderous animals?"
Well, someone has their panties in a bunch.

teh_gunslinger said:
theSovietConnection said:
WNxSajuukCor said:
Allah Akbar? It's a trap! XD
This. Clearly the boxer is really saying "Admiral Ackbar"
Which only raises further questions.
He realizes he's trapped in the ring and about to get his ass kicked?

Honestly, this entire thing is just stupid.
Anyone who is converted to Islam because a toy says a few Islamic phrases is fucking retarded in the first place, and not fit to join the human race, lest they be convinced the moon really is made of cheese.

And if that isn't the concern, what is?
That kids playing a game might hear a bit of foreign?
Oh noes. Culture.
Are you suggesting the moon isn`t made of cheese?

timmytom1

Feb 26, 2009
Ima Lemming said:
It sounds to me like he's just growling or mumbling. And if he was saying "Allah Akbar!" you'd think he'd do just before releasing some super attack.
Please ,everybody knows the word to use before unleashing a special attack is hadoken

timmytom1

Feb 26, 2009
tijuanatim said:
People like this are exactly why I have disassociated myself with the general public. When is this hypersensitivity end? Can it be soon? Please?

The_root_of_all_evil said:
One thing though. Has anyone ever heard a terrorist say "Allah Akbar" anywhere before?
Uhhh....Team America World Police? And that (like most Americans) is where I get all my facts about Islam.
Everybody knows they speak in arabic to deflect attention from the fact that they`re acutally from........... DIRKADIRKISTAN !

Go on

Mar 11, 2009
Just to clear things up he is actually saying ahla cahpe which means cry *****. The reason the two words are seperated I belive is because the opponent just get's in a punch and the words get seperated.

Even if it still says "god is great" this phrase has been used by every single muslim in the world and it doesn't have to be related to "murderous animals".

It is when i see stupid things like this that i lose fait in humanity. sighh.

Goldeneye1989

Deathwalker
Mar 9, 2009
This just released

in the game where people beat the crap out of each other, before the final murder a god yells "finish him" in reference for the mortals to finish, or kill their opponent

Mortal kombat should be /b/&!

lwm3398

Apr 15, 2009
oh,so when an american soldier in CoD 4 says "OH MY GOD" we need to have it pulled off the shelves?

rekabdarb

Jun 25, 2008
Although i am disgusted by him; i'm almost more disgusted from the hate coming from this thread. All the "Kill himself" stuff... aren't you guys also being as ignorant as him...?

Cousin_IT

Feb 6, 2008
sounds more like "ow! ah! ach! Buh!" which wouldnt be surprising since the guys being hit when he utters them.