Question of the Day, April 27, 2010

Apr 28, 2008
No way in hell.

If they do release this, I doubt I'll be driving or going out much anymore. Lots of people drive like crap now, imagine if they use their eyes, which are looking at god knows what...

Treefingers

Aug 1, 2008
VZLANemesis said:
Picture this scenario, if you will...
Girl in just her Bra passes by.
Quick Ben said:
How on earth are you supposed to use the mirrors or check your blind-zone if you drive where you look?
This and this.

Sounds like the most retarded idea ever. Steering wheels already work fine.

Beryl77

Mar 26, 2010
I get easily distracted, especially by good looking girls passing by. So I don't think it would be a good idea.

VZLANemesis

Jan 29, 2009
On the other hand... when are auto-drive cars gonna be invented?
Remember "Minority Report" ...yeah

DazZ.

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2009
I'd buy it if I could afford it.
I'd certainly crash it though, or run over the first hot girl I passed.

Doesn't mean it wouldn't be fun to drive. (Not that I can drive...)

Hayate_GT

Mar 6, 2010
i like to know what is going on all around me so looking in one place is a bit of a problem...

Banana Phone Man

Elite Member
May 19, 2009
When ever there is an accident on the road people on the other side will go slower just to look at it. If that happens then it makes eyesight driving pretty hard. They would also get distracted by many many other things like kids, birds, hey whats my cat doing...

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
When they make a car that can be controlled by my brain, I'll buy it. Until then, I'll do things the old fashioned style. (My car doesn't even have power-steering! Armstrong FTW!)

Eliam_Dar

Nov 25, 2009
No, but not because it sounds dangerous, but because I want to feel the car responding to my hands. I can't imagine how you could do that with your eyes

Sunstrike

Mar 29, 2010
Flat out no.

Seriously, theres a little thing called CHECKING YOUR BLIND SPOT, which requires you to turn your body around and LOOK BACKWARDS for a split second to make sure it's safe to turn, or merge, or do anything other than drive straight. Eye control for cars would be an incredibly stupid mechanism for driving.

Proteus214

Game Developer
Jul 31, 2009
It would be great until I pass the first road sign I come across and promptly run the car off the road.

Acidwell

Beware of Snow Giraffes
Jun 13, 2009
Possible the worst idea ever. Heres how it goes:
Me: Oh look a friend"
Car: Gogogogogo
Result: A horrible crash because it is a pretty bad idea for a control system

Drakmeire

Elite Member
Jun 27, 2009
Country
United States
many many problems with eye control. sunlight making you squint, attractive people on the sidewalk, someone you know in another car (you turned to say hi and now you both dead), and most of all, if your like me you get easily distracted (mostly by shiny things).