Question of the Day, August 11, 2010

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Definetly! And would happilly live on a colony/moon/mars too!

BlueHighwind

Jan 24, 2010
I'd go to space even if I couldn't afford it. I'd live in horrendous debt for the rest of my life, never own a home, never could retire, no college education for my kids, but I'd GO TO SPACE dammit!

Necrofudge

May 17, 2009
Even thought it says I can afford it, I'm still skeptical as to how much money I'd lose on this thing. But if I was 100% sure that it wouldn't affect me financially, I'd go and take you all with me. (Note: that is also my plan if I ever have to be in a life/death situation)

natural20

Apr 7, 2010
My dream as a child was to bake cookies in space, and see what zero-gravity did to the taste. So yes, if I had to pay to be an astronaut caterer, I would.

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
No. I have very little interest in travel, and I would much prefer to stay here on earth with people that I care about.

uppitycracker

Oct 9, 2008
I think the only reason I would, is to disprove that whole "you can't get it up in space" theory. i'm pretty sure that if anyone could, it would be me.

Erana

Feb 28, 2008
Six space tourists, right? And how civilians in space have died?
OK, so there was that sad event with the schoolteacher, but still. The number's at least one in ten. I'm not interested in killing myself over a chance to be in an environment that I was not designed to be in.

Paddin

Sep 30, 2009
Furburt said:
Yep. I've always loved seeing the big picture, and you can't get much bigger than that.

I wonder if they'd let me come on drunk. That'd be interesting.
zero gravity + drink = throwing up + one bad headache

You know that feeling of sickness when you get really dizzy? I imagine that with drink wouldn't go well. Although I imagine it would be worth it for the sheer epicness.

I would like to go in to space, as it is one of those trips that would be so memorable and would imprint on you for the rest of your life.

Erana said:
Six space tourists, right? And how civilians in space have died?
OK, so there was that sad event with the schoolteacher, but still. The number's at least one in ten. I'm not interested in killing myself over a chance to be in an environment that I was not designed to be in.
Actually the number of deaths in space is 22 astronauts and cosmonauts, which is five percent of all people who have been in space and two percent of individual spaceflights.

Not bad if you ask me.

Anacortian

May 19, 2009
It's on my list of things to do when my ship comes in (lotto). I placed it after buying a new car with cash, buying a house with cash, quitting jobs I don't love, clearing-up some minor medical problems, buying a certain island from the US, and having made the worlds largest Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Pie (Straight from the sewer to me!). Right after that is space travel as a step to defacing the moon so that nobody could ever again claim man hadn't made it there.

Then I would have a Coke.

silver wolf009

[[NULL]]
Jan 23, 2010
Im tempted to say no. How long would I be up there? If only for a short time then yes because i dont have the dicipline to exersize everyday to keep my body able to support itself on earth, IE my legs wouldnt be able to keep me up on earth if i didnt exersize. And reentry does seem like a bit of a gamble but heh, its space! no way i would pass up an oppertunity like that.

Lizardon

Robot in Disguise
Mar 22, 2010
I've been facinated with space since I was a kid, so if it was within my price range I'd take a trip up.

It would be a great conversation starter if nothing else.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
In a heartbeat, yep. I've been fortunate enough to take a Zero G flight, and that was one of the most fun experiences of my life. Add being able to see the Earth? Uh, heck yeah, sign me up!